Paul Kagan announced that Michael Lewis, CEO of RealD, will be a featured speaker at the Kagan/Panasonic 3D MEDIA MARKETS conference, which will be held at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York City on Oct. 27, 2010.
For more information visit: www.pkworldmedia.com
Unedited press release follows:
24 Speakers Named for 3D MEDIA Conference in NYC; RealD CEO Michael Lewis to Be a Featured Speaker
Comcast Exec, 3D Programmers, Internet and Mobile Technologists Join First 3D Admakers on Panels at 3D MEDIA MARKETS Event
CARMEL, Calif.–Media analyst Paul Kagan announced today that Michael Lewis, CEO of RealD, the largest theatrical 3D provider in the world, will be a featured speaker at the Kagan/Panasonic conference on 3D MEDIA MARKETS. Lewis, a veteran producer of advanced 3D programming and innovative financing for 3D ventures, created the industry’s first public company with a RealD IPO in July. RealD now has 3D screens in 17 of the world’s 18 largest theatre circuits.
The meeting, to be held at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York City on Oct. 27, will also feature Kagan interviews with Avatar producer Jon Landau and Dreamworks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg. The three sessions with 3D’s most influential executives will be the catalyst for a day-long examination of at least seven 3D sectors: Cinema, TV programs, TV sports, the internet, mobile media, videogames and advertising/marketing.
Organizer/moderator Paul Kagan, who has produced nearly 200 media conferences in his storied career, will preside over three feature interviews, four panels and 24 speakers in an intense day of information, invention and prediction. Attendees will meet the people and the companies responsible for the emergence and future direction of 3D entertainment around the world, and these influential leaders will disclose their vision and their pioneering efforts to change the way we consume media.
The full speaker list:
* Jon Landau, producer, Avatar
* Jeffrey Katzenberg, CEO, Dreamworks Animation
* Michael Lewis, CEO, RealD
* Kurt Hall, CEO, National Cinemedia
* Mark Hess, Sr. VP, Comcast
* John Rubey, Pres., AEG Network LIVE
* Ken Aagaard, Sr. VP, CBS Sports
* Steve Hellmuth, VP/Tech., Natl. Basketball Assn
* James Bower, Pres., MasterImage
* Phil Eisler, GM 3DVision, NVIDIA
* Jonathan Dern, Pres., Cinedigm
* James Marsh, Sr. Equity Analyst, Piper Jaffray
* Steve Blumenthal, Pres. 3D Fusion
* Tom Winner, Media Dir., Weiden & Kennedy
* Sean Hanrahan, Sr. VP, ESPN
* Frank Hawkins, Founding Ptnr., Scalar Media
* Anthony Bailey, EVP/Tech, ESPN
* Seth Fried, Creative Dir., DDB Advertising
* Eisuke Tsuyuzaki, CTO, Panasonic
* Cliff Marks, Pres.-Sales/Mkt., Natl, Cinemedia
* Jon Small, EVP, Break Media
* David Chechelashvili, Head/Gaming, XpanD
* Steven Roberts, EVP, DirecTV
* Andrew Sriubas, Mng. Dir., JP Morgan