For more information visit: www.adobe.com
Unedited press release follows:
From Creation to Delivery Adobe Advances TV and Video at IBC 2015
20th Century Fox’s Upcoming Deadpool Being Cut Exclusively with Premiere Pro CC; Adobe Primetime Extends Support for HTML5 and Connected Devices
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE), the leader in video software, today announced its next wave of innovation coming soon to Adobe® Creative Cloud®, which includes groundbreaking support for UltraHD (UHD), brilliant color technology improvements, and new touch workflows. In addition, Adobe Primetime, one of eight solutions of Adobe Marketing Cloud, extends its delivery and monetization capabilities for HTML5 video and offers new tools for pay-TV providers that make TV Everywhere authentication easier and more streamlined. Adobe will showcase the deepening connections across its Creative Cloud and Marketing Cloud offerings at IBC 2015, Europe’s largest professional broadcast show, in Amsterdam, Sept. 11-15.
At IBC, Adobe will also demonstrate growing industry momentum, as customers continue to make the switch to Creative Cloud and Premiere Pro CC workflows. These include the film Deadpool from 20th Century Fox, coming Feb. 12, 2016; Staten Island Summer from Paramount Pictures, edited by Adam Epstein; and award-winning motion picture color grading artist Dado Valentic. Additionally, recently launched services benefitting from Adobe Primetime include HBO Now, Showtime, MLB, Sony Pictures Entertainment, RTL Group, Shomi, Voo and Starz (Parsifal).
Revealing New Innovation Across Adobe Video Tools
At IBC 2015, Adobe will preview new video technology coming soon to Creative Cloud that streamlines workflows for broadcasters and media companies. These include:
• Comprehensive native format support for editing beautiful 4K-to-8K footage in Premiere Pro CC ushers in a new era of UltraHD. Continued color advancements with support for High Dynamic Range (HDR) workflows in Premiere Pro CC and improved color fidelity and color adjustments come to After Effects CC. Keep pace with rapidly developing color workflows through deeper support for ARRI RAW, Rec. 2020 and other Ultra HD and HDR formats.
• Introduction of a touch environment with Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC and Character Animator optimized for Microsoft Surface Pro, Windows 8 tablets or Apple track pad devices.
• Adjust the duration of a song to match video content with Remix, a new feature in Audition CC. More than a simple looping tool, Remix automatically rearranges music to any duration while maintaining musicality and structure, creating custom tracks to fit storytelling needs.
• Updated support for Creative Cloud Libraries across CC desktop video tools, powered by Adobe CreativeSync. Now assets, including images from Adobe Stock, instantly appear in After Effects and Premiere Pro, to bring creative visions to life.
• In Adobe Media Encoder, Destination Publishing, a single action solution for rendering and delivering content to popular social platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo and Creative Cloud, now includes support for Facebook to easily showcase and promote social media projects and campaigns.
• Adobe Anywhere, a workflow platform for enterprise teams to collaborate, adds the ability to be deployed as either a multi-location streaming solution or a single-location collaboration-only version.
“Adobe is redefining video and motion picture workflows to more easily provide fantastic image quality. Color is essential in cinematic storytelling and images with no color correction fall flat,” said Bill Roberts, senior director of professional video product management, Adobe. “And image quality is especially important in a world moving to UltraHD. With our continued Creative Cloud advancements, Adobe is helping production companies more easily create compelling UltraHD content for any screen.”
“Color is now everyone’s responsibility in production. Feature updates in Adobe Premiere Pro CC, such as Lumetri Looks, enable filmmakers and editors to control the look of a project throughout the production process, from the initial script to the end, ultimately giving them more creative control. I look forward to what’s coming next in Creative Cloud,” said Dado Valentic, Founder and Chief Colorist at Mytherapy.
New Adobe Primetime Takes Center Stage
At the conference, Adobe is also demonstrating major advancements in Primetime, Adobe’s multiscreen TV platform. In addition to supporting traditional linear television business models, the platform has evolved with robust features that support OTT and direct-to-consumer offerings with audience acquisition, engagement, monetization and measurement capabilities. The new features help media companies reach and interact with an even bigger audience than ever before:
• Expanded Reach: Primetime now supports HTML5 content delivery across mobile browsers and additional connected devices, extending its reach and monetization capabilities. Primetime is completely platform-agnostic, offering support for a broad range of devices for secure, protected playback.
• Immersive TV Experience: To meet consumer expectations for TV Everywhere apps, Primetime includes new features that are designed to dramatically speed up response times. The instant-on capability pre-fetches video content inside an app to start playback in less than a second, speeding the start-up time for video-on-demand and live streams by 300 and 500 percent respectively. Primetime now also supports Dolby AC-3 to bring high-impact cinema quality sound to virtually all desktops and connected devices.
• Easy Access: Primetime’s support for the OAUTH 2.0 protocol makes it incredibly easy for consumers to access their favorite pay-TV content. Pay-TV providers can enable frictionless TV Everywhere with home-based authentication, and offer longer authentication sessions that require users to login only once per device.
• Advanced Measurement: Adobe Analytics, which is pre-integrated with the Primetime TVSDK, is introducing new support for OTT and TV Everywhere measurement, including a broad variety of user engagement metrics. Adobe Analytics “streams” for video will support measurement across desktops, Amazon devices, Android, Apple TV, Chromecast, iOS, Roku, Xbox One, and PlayStation.
• Creative Cloud Feature Reveal at IBC 2015
• What’s New in Premiere Pro CC
• What’s New in After Effects CC and Character Animator
• What’s New in Audition CC
• What’s New in Adobe Media Encoder CC
• What’s New in Adobe SpeedGrade CC
• Sneak Peak of Creative Cloud Video Features – Online Event
• Adobe Primetime Blog
• Learn more about Adobe Primetime
Adobe at IBC and MAX
Adobe is previewing the next major updates to Creative Cloud professional video products and Adobe Primetime from Sept. 11-15 at IBC 2015, Europe’s largest professional broadcast show, in Amsterdam. The company will demonstrate its new solutions at the RAI Convention (Hall 7, Stand 7.G27) and online at www.adobe.com/go/video. These updates are expected to ship by the end of the year. Video innovation will also be a key theme at Adobe MAX, the Creativity Conference, Oct. 3–7, in Los Angeles. Over 6000 of the most creative minds in the world will find out what’s coming next to Creative Cloud and hear from creative leaders and inspirational speakers.
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.