For more information visit: www.bcdusa.com
Unedited press release follows:
BCD Presents Major Upgrades for HDi High Definition Recorder
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK–(June 06, 2016) – BCD Associates, Inc., a leader in Industrial DVD recorders and control systems, presents a significant hardware/software upgrade for their HDi-250 High Definition Video Recorder. “The HDi Series has capabilities beyond just new hardware, ” said Robert Howard, Vice President of Product Development. “The new capture system and new firmware base give it an abundance of features designed for expansion. The capture update is standard on new units. The firmware update is available for all existing HDi models.”
• Multiple Record Targets: Hard Drive, Optical Disc or USB drive
• Multiple Record Formats: Recordings may be as MPEG-2, MPEG-4 or .vob files (MPEG-2 scaled for DVD recording)
• Dual Stream Recording: Record to both HD and SD files simultaneously.
• Record files Direct-to-Disc
• Fast Video Format detection of over 30 formats from SD 720×480 NTSC/PAL to HD1920x1080p60 and, when properly equipped, 4K UHD & DCI.
• Multiple Disc formats: Copy any from the hard drive to +R, -R, +RW or Blu-Ray discs.
• Wake-On-Lan: The HDi can be powered on by a message over the Local Area Network..
The HDi-250 has been proven for use with computer control as well as AMX® and Crestron® controllers. Full remote capabilities are available via TCP/IP LAN, RS-232 and USB ports. Multiple Inputs include High Definition HDMI and Component as well as SD Composite.
1U Rack Form Factor
The HDi-250 is housed in a rugged enclosure with rack-ears supplied for easy operation as a desktop or rack unit. The HDi-250 is equipped with a single DVD -R. +R, +RW drive, VFD information display and Composite I/O (PAL/NTSC), DB-9 serial control, and an RJ-45 jack for optional TCP/IP control. The unit appears as another computer on a Windows network.
Multi-Machine Control — Built In
BCD’s experience in multiple-machine control makes it easy to operate many recorders individually or at once. Each unit has a separate IP address and also a separate DECK name for serial control. This is particularly useful for government and military applications when multiple sources must be recorded simultaneously.
Please visit http://www.bcdusa.com for more information.
About BCD Associates, Inc.
Since 1980, BCD Associates, Inc. has manufactured computer controllers for DVD machines, VCRs and Laser Discs. BCD products have proven reliability with clients in 28 countries with applications from Education and Industry to Government and Defense. BCD’s recorders satisfy customer demand for features not found in other machines.