For more information visit: www.bestbuy.ca
Unedited press release follows:
Best Buy Canada to Launch Call of Duty: Black Ops at Midnight Opening Events
Stores across the country open at 12:01 a.m., includes launch parties in Toronto and Vancouver
* Best Buy Canada celebrates the launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops – the followup to the best-selling game of all time – with midnight store openings across Canada* on November 9
* FREE print Call of Duty multiplayer map for the first 200 customers at each store, to purchase the game
* Anyone who purchases a Xbox 360 250GB at the midnight opening will receive Call of Duty: Black Ops FREE
BURNABY, BC, Nov. 8 – Best Buy, Canada’s fastest growing retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics, computers and entertainment products, will launch Call of Duty: Black Ops, the next highly anticipated installment of the blockbuster Call of Duty series and the biggest 3D gaming release to-date, on Tuesday, November 9. To celebrate the launch, Best Buy Canada hosts midnight openings at stores nationwide*. The launch kicks off with street parties in Toronto and Vancouver starting at 9 p.m. on Monday, November 8, which will have gamers hyped for the 12:01 a.m. store openings.
Launch Parties: Toronto – 65 Dundas St. West (Bay and Dundas)
Vancouver – 2220 Cambie St. (Cambie and 6th Ave)
For more information of midnight launch events, please visit:
Monday November 8, 2010
7 p.m. (local time): Line-ups anticipated to begin in Toronto and Vancouver
9 p.m. (local time): Launch parties begin in Toronto and Vancouver
12:01 a.m. (November 9): Store doors open
*Quebec stores will be opening an hour early November 9 at 8:01 a.m.
Interviews with Call of Duty: Black Ops fans who can demonstrate their enthusiasm for gaming’s first blockbuster 3D experience
Photo opportunity featuring Call of Duty fans lined up at Best Buy locations (some will be dressed in costume for a chance to win a Call of Duty Xbox 360 Bundle)
Opportunity to play the game before it’s available for purchase (Toronto and Vancouver only)
Launch Parties Best Buy Cambie Street and Bay & Dundas
1. Gaming fans who come dressed in costume are eligible to win a Call of Duty Xbox 360 Bundle away onsite
2. Midnight Opening attendees can enter to win a copy of the Prestige Edition to be given away onsite
About Best Buy Canada
Best Buy stores in Canada are a division of Burnaby, BC-based Best Buy Canada Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY). Best Buy is Canada’s fastest-growing retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics, computers and entertainment products and also operates Geek Squad, a technology service provider specializing in computer support, home theatre installation, network, car audio, video and navigation systems. There are more than 65 Best Buy stores in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia.