For more information visit: www.bestbuy.ca
Unedited press release follows:
Best Buy Canada to Launch World of Warcraft: Cataclysm at Midnight Opening Events Nationwide
Die-hard fans in costume expected to line up at Toronto and Vancouver street parties for the third expansion of the multiplayer online role-playing game
* Best Buy Canada launches World of Warcraft: Cataclysm – the top-selling PC game with more than 10 millions users – at midnight openings across Canada* on December 7
* Fans who attend the Vancouver or Toronto launch parties in costume have a chance to win an HP AMD Quad Core or Triple Core laptop and receive personalized World of Warcraft Fan Photos
* Customers can line up for the chance to win a World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector’s Edition
* Inception DVD and Blu-ray available at all midnight openings, plus the first 20 customers at each store who purchase the movie will receive a free Spinning Top keychain
* Chance to win one of two Inception prize packs at the launch party locations (includes Inception plaque-mounted poster, Christopher Nolan Blu-ray Pack (Insomnia, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight) and a Sony Playstation 3
* Fans can capture the excitement with an unboxing video and enter Best Buy’s UNboxing Day Facebook contest for many chances to win
BURNABY, BC, Dec. 2 – Best Buy, Canada’s fastest growing retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics, computers and entertainment products, will launch World of Warcraft: Cataclysm – the next highly anticipated installment of the blockbuster World of Warcraft series – at midnight openings nationwide* on Tuesday, December 7. Special street parties kick off in Toronto and Vancouver starting at 9 p.m. on Monday, December 6, which will have gamers hyped for the 12:01 a.m. store openings. www.bestbuyca/wowcataclysm
Interviews with World of Warcraft fans who demonstrate their passion for the game, which boasts more than 10 million online players.
Photo opportunity featuring World of Warcraft fans in costume lined up at Best Buy location
* First 50 fans at the Vancouver and Toronto launch parties who buy the game will receive FREE Steelseries World of Warcraft MMO mouse ($100 value).Not available in Quebec.
* FREE Steelseries WOW Goblin or Worgen mousepad for the next 50 customers
Tuesday, December 7, 2010 at 12:01 a.m.
7 p.m. (local time): Line-ups anticipated to begin at Toronto and Vancouver launch party locations
9 p.m. (local time): Launch parties begin in Toronto and Vancouver
12:01 a.m. (December 7): Store doors open
*Quebec stores and Sudbury store will be opening an hour early on December 7 at 8:01 a.m.
Midnight openings for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm will be held at all Best Buy store locations for one hour only starting at 12:01am on Tuesday, December 7 (except Quebec and Sudbury Stores).
Toronto – 65 Dundas St. West (Bay and Dundas)
Vancouver – 2220 Cambie St. (Cambie and 6th Ave)
Launch Parties Best Buy Cambie Street and Bay & Dundas 9 p.m.
1. Gaming fans who come dressed in costume are eligible to win an HP AMD Quad Core or Triple Core laptop
2. Midnight Opening attendees can enter to win a copy of the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector’s Edition to be given away onsite.
3. Party guests can capture the excitment with the World of Warcraft Fan Photo Op. Personalized photos will be uploaded to Best Buy Canada’s Facebook Page for dedicated gamers to check out and tag themselves.
About Best Buy Canada’s UNboxing Day Contest
Unboxing, the Internet trend of sharing videos where people open hot new electronics, has garnered a cult-like following in Canada and around the globe. Simultaneously, YouTube videos of exuberant children opening holiday gifts can garner millions of views in mere days. With its UNboxing Day contest, Best Buy is looking for Canadians to share these moments and encourage their friends, families and fans to vote for their entries. The two videos that receive the most votes will each win a $2,500 Best Buy gift card and there are six randomly awarded $150 gift cards for those who upload or who vote for a video. Videos can be uploaded until December 31, 2010, and visitors are able to submit one vote every day.
About Best Buy Canada
Best Buy stores in Canada are a division of Burnaby, BC-based Best Buy Canada Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY). Best Buy is Canada’s fastest-growing retailer and e-tailer (www.BestBuy.ca) of consumer electronics, computers and entertainment products and also operates Geek Squad (www.GeekSquad.ca), a technology service provider specializing in computer support, home theatre installation, network, car audio, video and navigation systems. There are more than 70 Best Buy stores in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia.