According to the statement, Flex DVD uses one half the polycarbonate and chemicals that a standard DVD-5 replication process normally uses, has the same capacity as a DVD-5 (4.7GB for standard size, 1.1GB for 3” Mini and 350MB for 63MM Rectangle Business card), but is half the thickness of a standard DVD.
For more information visit: www.cddigitalcard.com
Unedited press release follows:
The Best Kept Secret in the Industry and the Most Cost Effective DVD in the Market Today – Flex-DVD
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif., August 5, 2010 — Flex DVD is a solution that is better for the environment than traditional DVD-5 discs. As corporations and organizations in the U.S. become more and more conscious of their impact on the environment, the Flex DVD is clearly a more “green” disc replication solution to consider. CD Digital Card’s molding technology uses one half the polycarbonate and chemicals that a standard DVD-5 replication process normally uses. Over time, the benefits to the environment from a pollution and recycling standpoint are truly significant factors.
Flex DVD is the latest technology in the DVD replication industry. This single layer format has the same capacity of a DVD-5 (4.7GB for standard size, 1.1GB for 3” Mini and 350MB for 63MM Rectangle Business card), but is half the thickness of a standard DVD. This new disc format is literally “flexible.” Designed, engineered, tested, and patented by CD Digital Card engineers on site, this new format is ideal for any disc based direct marketing, mailing, books, magazine and children application due to its resilience to breakage, shattering, and cracking – not to mention the immense savings on postage!
Some features and benefits for the Flex Disc include:
* Only 0.6mm thick disc! (Full size Disc & 80mm Mini Disc)
* 50% less polycarbonate – environmentally eco friendly
* Emits 53% less carbon during manufacturing than traditional DVD-5 discs
* Can be 100% recycled and doesn’t use any hazardous chemicals or bonding
* Disc can be bent and “flexed” without damaging
* Perfect for “cover mount” and direct mail
* Eliminates poly-bagging magazines
* Plays just like a regular DVD disc
* Disc allows a direct mail piece using this disc to be classified as “Standard Mail”
* Cheaper shipping costs
* Lowers the carbon footprint by using less fuel during transportation
CD Digital Card is committed to quality, excellence, above all 100% customer satisfaction and your one-stop media supplier that offers a wide array of services catering to the disk manufacturing process that includes:
* DVD-5, DVD-9, DVD-10 Replication
* CD Replication
* FLEX – DVD-5 4.7 GB (Patent # 20080268196 & 20080268197 & 12/467,173)
* 80MM 3” Mini CD, DVD and Flex-DVD
* Business Cards Discs Molded Flex-DVD & CD
* Dual Disc CD on one side & DVD-5 on other side
* Scented Discs (Rub‘n Smell)
* Shapes CD & DVD
* Vinyl & Gold Record CD and fan Disc
* CD-Audio anti-piracy Alpha-Audio
* DVD anti-piracy (Ripguard & CopyBlock)
* In House Glass Mastering.
* Complete line of packaging
For more information, please visit our website at: www.cddigitalcard.com