For more information visit: www.c3dworld.org
Unedited press release follows:
China Embraces 3D Technology Boom — the 7th C3D World Scheduled for Shenzhen in April
BEIJING, Jan. 24, 2011 — Despite lower than expected sales of 3D products in 2010, there appears to be no slowdown in the R&D of 3D products and content. In 2010, 3D consumer electronic products became popularized in large scale and, according to the analysis in Quarterly TV Design and Features Report, global shipments of 3D TVs reached 3.2 million units in 2010. In 2011, we expect the lowering of 3D product prices and a huge increase in production and sales.
In 2011, the major manufacturers will produce flat-panel 3D TVs in all three technologies: LCD, PDP, and LED. The number of new products and market share of 3D TV will grow significantly. Display Search estimates that in 2011, the global shipment of 3D TVs will be nearly 18 million units, rising to 91 million units in 2014. After the “first year of 3D,” yearly 3D TV sales in China are expected to rise from less than one hundred thousand currently, to millions in 2011.
The appearance of 3D TV is a breakthrough in display technology for color TV manufacturers, and its combination with Internet and telecom networks will have a profound impact on traditional lifestyles. This new era of 3D media, including 3D TVs, 3D games, 3D Internet and 3D cell phones, will continue to grow.
The 7th China International 3D World Forum and Exhibition (C3D World) is one of the leading 3D events in the Asia-Pacific region and the world. The event is hosted by China 3D Industry Association; China Video Industry Association, China Electronics Corporation, Shenzhen Municipal Government and organized by China Digital Media Group, China Electronics Exhibition and Information Communications Co. Ltd. which will be held in the Shenzhen Exhibition Centre on April 8-10, 2011. C3D World will be held in conjunction with the 77th China Electronics Fair. The China Electronics Fair has an annual exhibition scale of 150,000 square meters, servicing the consumer electronics and industrial applications. Last year’s November Shanghai event had over 1,500 exhibitors and 40,000 attendees. Organizers expect even higher attendance at the Shenzhen event in April.
After last year’s exciting introduction of Internet TV and 3D products at the 6th C3D World exhibition in Shanghai, and the presentation of the latest global developments of 3D display technology, content creation and IT at the FORUM event, what can you expect to see at the 2011 C3D Exhibition and FORUM?
The C3D World Exhibition will feature:
* 3D TVs: Changhong, TCL, Sony, Philips, Konka, Skyworth and other domestic and foreign manufacturers will display their latest 3D TV products. Experience the advantages and disadvantages of the three different 3D TV technologies — shutter, polarization and autostereoscopic (no glasses).
* 3D panels: On-site demonstrations/comparisons between the active shutter panels from the Samsung and Chimei and the “no flash” polarization panels from the AUO and LGD.
* 3D glasses: Active shutter glasses, which are more universal, more cost-effective and compatible with a variety of flat panel TVs; 3D shutter glasses; 3D polarization glasses; and other products by Actif Polarizers, Hi-Shock Digital Electronics, Gonbes Tech, Hoton, e-Bi, Estar, and other Chinese local enterprises.
* 3D terminals: Popular applications of 3D technology: 3D cameras; 3D cell phones; and 3D printers. The 3D camera, which is independently developed and produced by Inlife-handnet Co., will make its debut at CCEF.
* Conversion technology: Himax will introduce 2D-to-3D conversion technology which can compensate for the present shortage of 3D content.
* 3D/4D digital theater systems and game applications: Crytek, the famous international game developer, will once again show its high-definition, real-time 3D engine system, CryENGINE 3. Attendees will again experience the latest theater technology presented by Korea’s MasterImage, the premiere theater system in the world, and China’s Huaqiang Culture.
The C3D World Forum will discuss:
The 2-day China 3D Forum (conference) will provide attendees with an analysis of the opportunities and challenges facing the 3D market in China. Last year’s 6th C3D World Forum received high praise from the experts and scholars alike. The strategy of co-locating in an effort to bring together the entire industrial chain, along with the coordination of conference sessions for specific industries, the exhibition of important display technologies, and the opportunity for experts and scholars, from both home and abroad, to exchange vital information, was quite successful and was adopted as a model for future events.
The 7th C3D Forum will examine the overall design and balance between different links in the 3D industry chain — between home and abroad; between the government, industry, academia and research institutions; between standards/technology and applications; between content and display; and between the current outlook and future trends. The Forum will once again provide the attending 3D experts, scholars and technicians from around the world with an authoritative, high-level, professional opportunity for learning and communication.
* The macro-interpretation of 3D industry: International 3D display authorities and Chinese government officials will be invited to interpret the development, trends, policies and programs, discuss future implementation plans for the 3D industry’s “integration of three networks”(telecom, cable TV and computer networks), and forecast the global trends for the 3D industry in 2011.
* The prospects for the industrial application of 3D: International 3D application experts will be invited to the Forum to discuss how to improve urban landscapes, how to protect ecological environments and how the future of 3D relates to these environments.
* In-depth analysis of 3D display technology: The advantages and disadvantages of the shutter and polarization technology and the developmental trends for “no glasses” 3D technology and next generation displays. True 3D will be discussed, including related panels and chips.
* The exploration of the technical framework of 3D systems: The further integration and development of IT, telecom, radio and television, end-to-end 3D applications, and the role of the network in entertainment and telecommunication systems will be discussed.
* 3D Media: The development of global 3D media and the consumer market s, as well as the continued maturation of the 3D monitor market, will be covered.
* 3D human factors and safety: Standardization, creation and sustainability of a healthy 3D industrial environment will be discussed.
The rapid development of the 3D industry once again pushes Shenzhen to the forefront of industrial development. As one of the earliest and largest regions of 3D industrial development, Shenzhen not only has three major 3D manufacturers, Konka, Skyworth, and TCL, Shenzhen is also home for the representative enterprises in the field of 3D content production, 3D digital cameras, 3D projectors and relevant equipment.
Shenzhen is very close to Hong Kong and Guangzhou. In addition, April is the prime procurement season for domestic and foreign business, making Shenzhen the focus for domestic and overseas consumer electronics buyers, as well as others in the industry.
About China Digital Media
China Digital Media is the leading 3D technology and applications information service provider. Relying on the website: www.c3dworld.com , CDM has developed a group of professional users and a series of services like 3D-press, 3D forum and exhibitions for 3D industry research. The Company has formed an interactive and precise business mode. The Company aims to help its clients and to improve the cognitive level of application integration, profitability and overall competitiveness.