For more information visit: www.cinemanow.com
Unedited press release follows:
CinemaNow Digital Entertainment Platform to Bundle Digital New Releases and Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Packs
Service Offers Users Opportunity to Purchase or Rent New Releases Up to Weeks in Advance of Launch Dates
BURNABY, BRITISH COLUMBIA–(June 4, 2012) -
• Universal is the first studio partner to integrate the CinemaNow™ digital copy into the DVD/Blu-ray/digital combo packages, starting with the American Reunion release.
• CinemaNow™ will begin to insert full-version movie downloads within Blu-ray and DVD combo packs sold at major consumer electronics retailers Best Buy Canada and Future Shop.
• CinemaNow™ allows users to rent or purchase major movies such as Wanderlust, Big Miracle and A Thousand Words in advance of official Blu-ray and DVD release dates.
Making the transition from watching movies on traditional DVD or Blu-ray disk format to digital downloads is easy thanks to CinemaNow™. The leading digital entertainment platform offering new release movies and TV shows for rent or purchase, today announced it will begin inserting full-version movie downloads within Blu-ray and DVD digital combo packs sold at Canada’s largest consumer electronics retailers, Best Buy Canada and Future Shop.
Universal Studios is the first partner to integrate the CinemaNow digital copy into the DVD/Blu-ray/digital combo packages beginning with American Reunion. Several titles are expected to launch with this trio of content throughout the year.
“The DVD/Blu-ray/Digital Copy combo package is the perfect solution for movie lovers and busy families because it offers the flexibility to watch your favourite movies on the platform that works best for each family member,” said Christopher Bennett, Director of Communications Best Buy Canada. “The digital copy can be used to access your movie anywhere from the cloud, the DVD on a portable player during a family road trip, and the Blu-ray for the big TV in the family room for everyone to enjoy.”
CinemaNow™ offers early buying or viewing of new releases for those who can’t wait for official launch dates.
In addition to offering new digital releases for download with traditional disk formats, CinemaNow™ is pleased to continue providing Canadians with opportunities to purchase or rent select new releases up to two weeks in advance of official Blu-ray and DVD launch dates.
The following titles are available early to Canadians with registered CinemaNow™ accounts:
• Wanderlust (June 5) – the comedy movie starring Jennifer Aniston and Paul Rudd is available for purchase on CinemaNow™ two weeks prior to the official Blu-ray and DVD launch date.
• Big Miracle (June 5) – also available two weeks before the official Blu-ray and DVD launch, Big Miracle is a rescue-adventure, true story of saving whales in Alaska featuring John Krasinski and Drew Barrymore.
• Jeff Who Lives at Home (June 15) – the indie-comedy film starring Jason Segel and Ed Helms is available four days prior to its official Blu-ray and DVD launch date.
• 21 Jump Street (June 19) – comedy featuring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum available one week prior to the DVD release.
A Thousand Words (June 22) – Eddie Murphy stars in the comedy-drama available for both purchase and rent four days before Blu-ray and DVD release.
CinemaNow™ is easy to operate on multiple devices
CinemaNow™ is presently available on more than 160 devices – and growing. The service allows users to stream movies and TV shows, as well as download and store files to computers, allowing for content to be watched offline. Content can be played up to five devices per household.
For more information, visit www.cinemanow.com.
Launched in Canada in 2011, CinemaNow™ is a digital entertainment service offering instant access to an extensive library of premium video content for rental or purchase, including new release movies and TV shows, with no subscription required. Through the service, customers can seamlessly access content on a wide range of Internet-connected devices, including TVs, Blu-ray Disc players and PCs from multiple major manufacturers and more than 160 devices. www.cinemanow.com