For more information visit: www.connectionsconference.com
Unedited press release follows:
Parks Associates to Host 15th Annual CONNECTIONS Conference on June 14-16 in Santa Clara
Executive Conference Focuses on Business and Marketing Strategies, Consumer Trends, and New Developments for Consumer Technology Markets
DALLAS, TX–(August 10, 2010) – Parks Associates today announced it will host the fifteenth annual CONNECTIONS™: The Digital Living Conference & Showcase on June 14-16, 2011, at the Santa Clara Convention Center.
The 2011 event focuses on entertainment and media platforms, content distribution, mobile applications and services, broadband and operator strategies, energy management solutions, advanced advertising initiatives, and connected CE.
“The technology and service markets are changing rapidly as access and content move to multiple screens in and outside the home,” said Stuart Sikes, president, Parks Associates. “In 2011, we will examine the strategies and solutions deployed in entertainment, control, and mobile as these markets evolve to meet the multiplatform needs of today’s consumers.”
Noted industry forecasts from Parks Associates:
* The number of CE worldwide capable of displaying and playing back IP content, including televisions, game consoles, Blu-ray players, set-top boxes, tablet computers, smartphones, and portable multimedia players, will grow to nearly 800 million units by 2014.
* 80% of TVs sold in the U.S. in 2014 will be 3D-ready.
* Consumer demand for remote services will boost tech support to $5 billion by 2014 (U.S.).
* Annual U.S. revenues for online video from PCs and mobile devices will exceed $1.8 billion by 2014.
* More than 30 million households in Western Europe have managed gateways, more than twice the penetration in North America.
* Over 50% of mobile Internet devices sold worldwide in 2014 will have embedded mobile broadband.
* Energy management, entertainment systems control, and remote home monitoring are driving adoption of home controls.
* In-stream ads (pre-rolls) will drop to 79% of the U.S. online video ad unit inventory by 2013.
Early sponsors for CONNECTIONS™ 2011 are Association Sponsor CEA and Affinegy, Allegro, iTOK, Rovi, and Sonic Solutions.
Parks Associates will also host CONNECTIONS™ Europe Summit in Amsterdam, Netherlands, November 15-16, 2010, featuring the latest consumer research on digital living technologies around the world and analysis on new business models and opportunities for TV operators, content developers, advertisers, and CE companies.
CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES, January 6, 2011, focuses on trends, emerging business models and technologies, and growth opportunities for companies developing products and services for the digital home.
The 15th annual CONNECTIONS™: The Digital Living Conference and Showcase, hosted by international research firm Parks Associates, attracts over 500 executives focused on innovative consumer technology solutions.
This unique conference and showcase highlights consumer and industry research from Parks Associates, showcases key players and new technologies, and delivers insight and recommendations for new business models and opportunities in digital media/content, mobile applications and services, connected consumer electronics, broadband and value-added services, and energy management/home systems.
For information about CONNECTIONS™, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 972-490-1113. For information on speaking, sponsoring, or attending, visit www.connectionsconference.com.