Unedited press release follows:
New Roxio Game Capture HD PRO: First Integrated Solution to Capture, Edit, Share & Live Stream HD Gameplay
OTTAWA, ONTARIO — (Sept. 20, 2012) – Today, Corel announced the release of Roxio® Game Capture HD PRO, the most comprehensive and easiest way for gamers to capture, edit, and share, their best gaming moments – all in stunning HD. For gaming enthusiasts, Roxio Game Capture HD PRO is the perfect all-in-one solution and is the first capture device to offer live streaming!
Roxio Game Capture HD PRO is the complete package for gamers as it not only includes a top of the line capture card that encodes in H.264, enabling it to record in 720p and 1080 60i/30p, it also includes a full featured video editor tailored specifically to a gamers’ needs. A new partnership with Twitch allows users to live stream directly to their channel without having to leave the application – all at a price that won’t break the bank!
“Gamers love to share their best moves and achievements, and watch others play for tips and tricks,” said Matt DiMaria, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Digital Media at Corel. “Our new product makes this experience even more exciting by supporting HD recording and easy social media sharing. What’s more, Roxio Game Capture HD PRO takes social sharing to a whole new level by enabling live streaming.”
Direct Live Streaming:
Thanks to its partnership with Twitch, the world’s largest video game broadcasting community, Roxio Game Capture HD PRO users can now live stream their gameplay directly from the application to their Twitch channel. Streamers can also add voiceover in real time to their gameplay to communicate with their viewers.
“We’re proud to partner with forward-thinking companies like Roxio,” said Kevin Lin, COO of Twitch. “We believe that in the very near future playing a game will be the same thing as broadcasting a game. As the world’s largest live video platform and community for gamers, we are very interested in making it as easy as possible for people to capture and share their gameplay. Roxio is helping gamers do just that.”
Custom Designed Video Editing:
The gaming edition of Roxio’s market leading video editing solution helps users turn their gameplay footage into incredible movies. Designed with gamers’ needs in mind, it includes gaming specific editing options to give every video a professional look and feel. Gamers can use the integrated voice changer to match their voiceover to their game; the picture-in-picture feature to layer separate video tracks, and choose from over 90 transitions to pull their masterpieces together. Once they are happy with their work they can upload it to YouTube and Facebook simultaneously or output it to various formats to play on PCs or mobile devices such as iPads, iPhones and iPods.
About Roxio Game Capture HD PRO
• Record in HD: Gamers can record gameplay in 720p, 1080/60i or 1080/30p.
• Live Stream to Twitch: Roxio’s partnership with Twitch makes it easy for users to live stream console gameplay directly to their Twitch channel. Streamers can add voice over in real time to live stream their gameplay and communicate with their viewers.
• Support both HDMI and Component for HD Capture: Users can record HD gameplay with either HDMI or Component inputs and outputs.
• Console Capture: Users can capture their gameplay from Xbox 360, Kinect, PlayStation and Wii.
• PC Game Capture: Capture PC gameplay using HDMI from selected graphics cards to Roxio Game Capture HD PRO capture device. Spare all PC resources for the gaming fun with perfect performance.
• Record in Full Screen Preview: While recording gameplay in the Capture application, users can enter Full Screen mode to see their gameplay. Press the ESC key to return to the application with the normal preview window.
• Adjust Video Quality: Users can easily balance a video file size and quality using a quality slider and custom bit rate settings.
• Hot Keys to Capture: In the Capture application, users can use Hot Keys to start and stop gameplay capture in both normal window and full screen mode. There are default keys set up, but both can be customized to fit users’ preferences.
• Social Media Sharing: Users can easily log in and share gameplay to YouTube and Facebook simultaneously from within the editing software.
• Voice Changer and Cool Voice Profiles: Roxio Game Capture HD PRO is the first solution that gives users the option to change their voice style to match specific games.
• Change Speed: With 1x, 2x, or 3x speed templates users can fast forward or apply slow motion effects to highlight their gameplay. This feature can be applied to the entire video, or selected segments.
• Windows 8: Roxio Game Capture HD PRO is compatible with Windows 8 and works with Windows 7/Vista/XP.
• Users get: Roxio Game Capture HD PRO Capture Device, USB Cable, Roxio Game Capture Software, Getting Started Guide.
Pricing & Availability
Roxio Game Capture HD PRO is available in 8 languages and can be purchased immediately from www.roxio.com or from Corel’s global resellers.
North American suggested retail pricing (SRP) of Roxio Game Capture HD PRO is $149.99 (both US and CDN).
Join the Roxio Community
- Connect with other Roxio users and view updates and tips on Facebook
- Follow our Twitter updates at @Roxio
Corel is one of the world’s top software companies providing some of the industry’s best-known brands, including Roxio®, Pinnacle™ and WinZip®. Boasting the most comprehensive portfolio of graphics, productivity and digital media products, we’ve built a reputation for delivering innovative software that’s easy to learn and use, helping people achieve new levels of creativity and productivity. The industry has responded with hundreds of awards for innovation, design and value.
Used by millions of people around the world, our product lines include CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, Corel® Painter™, Corel® PaintShop® Pro, Corel® VideoStudio®, Corel® WordPerfect® Office, Pinnacle Studio™, Roxio Creator®, Roxio® Toast® and WinZip®.
For more information on Corel, please visit www.corel.com.
For more information on Roxio, please visit www.roxio.com.