For more information visit: www.disc-group.com
Unedited press release follows:
Next generation of Blu-ray archival storage libraries including iSCSI connectivity and Purpose-Built Virtual Appliance options to support industry leading Middleware archival tiered-storage management
Littleton, CO, (26 March 2012): DISC Archiving Systems B.V. (“DISC”), market leader in professional data archiving, is proud to announce the New ArXtor Series, the next generation of Blu-ray Archival Storage Library Solutions.
Engineered and manufactured in Germany, the new ArXtor Series continues with DISC´s long tradition of developing innovative, direct-attached automated optical library solutions. Mechanically based on DISC´s industry proven DISC Series “touchless media”, patented SmartPack and reliable robotics technology, the new ArXtor Series using industry leading Blu-ray optical drive technologies is a turnkey archival storage automation solution for managing 120mm optical media (BD/BDXL/DVD/CD).
“Today’s customer IT infrastructures and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s) demand new connectivity (iSCSI & NAS) and tiered storage appliance technologies along with enhanced user interface and system management capabilities to support intuitive and
dynamic remote diagnostics. Our aim was to develop a complete range of libraries, really meeting the requirements of the 21st century and the new ArXtor Series has been developed with this clear vision in mind.” states Kees Machielsen, CEO of DISC Archiving Systems.
The new ArXtor Series provides a full range of iSCSI Blu-ray libraries that integrate easily into any server and/or network environment as well as a range of scalable Appliances which can be effortlessly configured as Purpose-Built Archive Appliances, tailored to fit into a variety of dedicated application environments.
ArXtor Series Key Features include:
• iSCSI interface providing simple, low-cost and unifying GigE interface to most network environments, facilitating native storage protocol to any Windows and/or Linux system.
• Intelligent front-panel touch display and Web GUI facilitating intuitive and valuable local and remote (Java client) diagnostic capabilities, setting new standards for intelligent and remote support of Blu-ray Library systems.
• ArXtor Appliances based on KVM open-source Vipervisor utilizing Intel VT-x technology, which can be configured with up to two (2) Virtual environments/machine(s), eliminating the need for additional hardware and providing an unlimited number of integration possibilities.
“The ArXtor Series builds upon DISC’s legacy of innovation, strong reputation for reliability and delivers to our partners/customers new iSCSI connectivity as well as a new purpose-built Blu-ray optical archiving Appliance solution. DISC will continue to sell/support the current BD Series of direct-attached optical libraries into select application environments; however the new ArXtor Series allows DISC to meet the growing IT infrastructure demands and integrated Appliance requirements of strategic markets including Corporate/Industry tiered archival Storage, Healthcare, Law Enforcement/Surveillance and Broadcast/Video solutions to name a few,” adds Mark Brown, VP Sales-North America. “The ArXtor Series offers a low TCO while optimizing long-term data storage with the lowest data storage energy consumption solution available today.”
DISC Archiving Systems’ New ArXtor Series will be exhibited at:
• ISC-West 2012, International Security Conference & Exposition is one of the Security Industry’s leading events focused on surveillance technologies and managing information infrastructure; March 28-30, 2012 (Las Vegas, NV).
• SNW-Spring 2012, sponsored by Computerworld & SNIA (Storage Networking Industry Association) is a leading global event series focused on technologies to manage and optimize the information infrastructure; April 2-5, 2012 (Dallas, TX).
DISC Archiving Systems (DISC) is a leading manufacturer of optical storage solutions for the long-term retention of digital data. DISC has been providing innovative solutions for over 20 years and has over 22,000 installations worldwide. DISC manufactures a complete line of automated Blu-ray optical archival storage library products with on-line capacities ranging from 1.5TB to 70TB+. Designed to meet rigorous regulatory compliance and long-term archival storage requirements, the DISC Blu-ray optical solutions are a superior green technology component for tiered Archive and Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions offering the lowest power and cooling consumption of any comparable storage product for Corporate, Education, Entertainment, Finance, Government, Healthcare, Imaging, Insurance, Pre/Post Audio/Video production, Surveillance markets and more. DISC works closely with industry leading middleware storage management software solutions and provides complete integrated turnkey solutions. DISC worldwide headquarters is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands, with North-American Sales and Support operations in Littleton, Colorado.