For more information visit: www.displaysearch.com
Unedited press release follows:
DisplaySearch Announces Agenda and Sponsors for Upcoming 2011 Taiwan FPD Conference
TAIPEI, TAIWAN, March 17, 2011—DisplaySearch today announced the agenda for its upcoming 2011 Taiwan FPD Conference. Building upon its successful track record of hosting flat panel display conferences worldwide, the Taiwan FPD Conference will provide an opportunity for leading flat panel display manufacturers, display component suppliers, TV manufacturers, new display technology developers, and industry and financial analysts from the around the globe to address the latest challenges, opportunities, and trends for TFT LCDs, touch technologies, mobile displays, LED backlights, and more. As Taiwan’s top display conference, this year’s event will be held at the Taipei International Convention Center on April 14-15, 2011.
After strong growth in 2010, the flat panel display industry has climbed back to its pre-crash revenue level.Along with new products, such as the iPad and other tablet PCs, innovations in display performance are leading the FPD industry into a new phase in 2011. Changes in the market include new technologies, such as 3D and LED, new opportunities, like LCD fabs relocating to China and OEMs for TVs, as well as fast growing LCD TV and touch panel application markets.
The Taiwan FPD Conference will feature more than 20 presentations with DisplaySearch global analysts and speakers from industry leaders presenting their viewpoints and perspectives. Representatives from throughout the entire FPD supply chain, including LCD panel makers, TV brands, component suppliers, mobile PC and desktop monitor companies, OEM makers, touch panel suppliers, and LED backlight and lighting experts, will participate.
The Taiwan FPD Conference provides attendees with valuable information and market data, as well as great opportunities for networking and hearing different perspectives that can benefit companies’ business strategies.
Co-sponsored by the Taiwan External Trade Development Council Association (TAITRA), the two-day Taiwan FPD Conference will consist of six sessions with presentations from 23 industry executives representing supply side, demand side, and most of the display supply chain.
Session 1: Keynote Session—Predictions for the Future of FPD
* David Hsieh, Vice President, Greater China Market, DisplaySearch
* Ivan Wu, Associate Vice President, IT Display Product Business Unit,AU Optronics
* Alan T. Eusden, Chairman and President, Corning Display Technologies Taiwan, Corning
* Daniel Lee, Director, Marketing Intelligence, LG Display
Session 2: TFT LCD & AMOLED Strategic Analysis
* Shawn Lee, Senior Analyst, DisplaySearch
* Yoonsung Chung, Research Director, DisplaySearch
Session 3: Mobile PC/Tablet & Touch
* Robin Wu, Analyst, DisplaySearch
* Phillips Derek, Freescale Semiconductor
* Jerry Lin, Vice President, New Business Development, Young Fast
* Calvin Hsieh, Research Director, DisplaySearch
Session 4: FPD TV Market Outlook
* Deborah Yang, Research Director, Monitor & TV, DisplaySearch
* Mark Verrall, PhD, R&D Director, Merck
* Bing Zhang , Research Director, DisplaySearch
* James Chen, Marketing Manager of Digital TV Business Unit, MediaTek
Session 5: LED, Lighting & Backlight
* Leo Liu, Senior Analyst, DisplaySearch
* CS Ku, Consultant & Head of Lighting BU, Optoma Corporation
* David Su, PhD, Chairman and President, Lextar Electronics Corp
* David L. Wortman,Senior Brand Business Manager, 3M Optical System Division
Session 6: New Technologies, New Product Roadmaps
* Paul Semenza, Senior Vice President, DisplaySearch
* JerryKoontz, Marketing Manager, TAOS
* Robert Yu, Technical Marketing Manager, STMicroelectronics
On April 14, DisplaySearch will also host a reception, providing speakers and attendees with an opportunity to network and mingle with peers and colleagues, as well as the chance to win one of two 42” LCD TVs.
The 2011 Taiwan FPD Conference has already attracted many sponsors:
* Platinum—3M, AUO, Freescale Semiconductor, Lextar, MediaTek, Merck
* Gold—Corning, Hanns-G, HannStar, TAOS
* Taiwan FPD Night Special Event Sponsors—Tatung, ViewSonic
Attendees are encouraged to register early as the event is projected to sell out. The early bird registration rate of US$600 is available until March 31—a great price for two days of content-rich sessions, exhibits, and networking. Three-way simultaneous translation is provided for English, Chinese, and Japanese.
For more information about the event or to register, contact Elaine Lai via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 886-2-6601-0045, or visit http://www.displaysearch.com.tw/ for registration information, additional details, and agenda updates.
DisplaySearch will host eleven events in 2011. For details on all DisplaySearch events, visit www.displaysearch.com/events.
Since 1996, DisplaySearch has been recognized as a leading global market research and consulting firm specializing in the display supply chain, as well as the emerging photovoltaic/solar cell industries. DisplaySearch provides trend information, forecasts and analyses developed by a global team of experienced analysts with extensive industry knowledge and resources. In collaboration with the NPD Group, its parent company, DisplaySearch uniquely offers a true end-to-end view of the display supply chain from materials and components to shipments of electronic devices with displays to sales of major consumer and commercial channels.
About The NPD Group, Inc.
The NPD Group is the leading provider of reliable and comprehensive consumer and retail information for a wide range of industries. Today, more than 1,800 manufacturers, retailers, and service companies rely on NPD to help them drive critical business decisions at the global, national, and local market levels. NPD helps our clients to identify new business opportunities and guide product development, marketing, sales, merchandising, and other functions. Information is available for the following industry sectors: automotive, beauty, commercial technology, consumer technology, entertainment, fashion, food and beverage, foodservice, home, office supplies, software, sports, toys, and wireless.