For more information visit: www.dts.com
Unedited press release follows:
DTS to Showcase Audio Technology Integrations for UltraViolet, IPTV and OTT Delivery at NAB 2012
Head-End Solutions Facilitate Distribution of Quality Audio Entertainment Content Across Myriad Delivery Platforms
2012 NAB Show
CALABASAS, Calif.– DTS, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTSI), a leader in high-definition audio, will showcase its premium audio technology in the South Hall at the 2012 NAB Show®, April 16-19 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Visitors to booth SU7619 will experience an array of exhibits showcasing DTS’ end-to-end solutions and high-quality audio integrations into content authoring tools for UltraViolet, IPTV, and digital delivery. Specifically, the DTS booth will feature:
• Tools in support of the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem’s (DECE) UltraViolet standard:
– Digital Rapids Transcode Manager® 2.0 powered by Kayak—offers encoding support for a wide range of DTS-HD profiles, from lossless DTS-HD Master Audio down to low bit-rate DTS Express™, and multiplexing into UltraViolet Common File Format (CFF) files
– Elemental® Server from Elemental Technologies—transcodes file-based content to DECE Ultraviolet CFF format with support for DTS-HD encoding, including the high efficiency DTS Express profile
– Rovi TotalCode™ Professional encoding solution—integrates DTS Express with output files including MP4 and UltraViolet CFF, as well as MKV for DivX Plus Streaming, the new advanced adaptive streaming format that enables video-on-demand (VOD) services to deliver an audio and video experience similar to that of a Blu-ray Disc
– DTS-HD MediaPlayer—enables audio and video quality control playback of UltraViolet compatible CFF files as well as MPEG4 streams for broadcast, IPTV and over-the-top (OTT) content delivery
• Tools for digital delivery and broadcast IPTV:
– ATEME TITAN—Multi-Screen transcoding platform featuring DTS Neural Surround™ technology to enable surround sound in both existing and the latest generation of linear distribution, TV everywhere and VOD services
– Interra Systems’ Baton quality control and media analysis solutions—provides DTS-HD audio codec support for enterprise-class file-based content validation when delivering content to multiple screens
– Manzanita Systems’ multiplexing solutions for digital delivery—allows broadcast customers to deliver premium DTS-HD audio into new and existing high definition MPEG2 and MPEG4 content
– DaySequerra’s standalone DTS Neural UpMix and DownMix hardware—features DTS Neural Surround technology for live broadcast use
– Harris Selenio™ and 6800+™ modular interface platforms—integrate DTS Neural Surround technology, including DTS Neural Loudness Control, for advance audio processing for broadcast workflows
“AT DTS our goal is to empower consumers to enjoy high-quality audio content regardless of content service, device or location,” said Brian Towne, executive vice president and chief operating officer of DTS, Inc. “Our numerous partner integrations and demonstrations at NAB this year illustrate our ongoing commitment to support numerous delivery formats, especially key emerging formats such as UltraViolet.”
For more information, visit the DTS website, like on Facebook, or follow on Twitter (@DTS_Inc.).
About DTS, Inc.
DTS, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTSI) is dedicated to making digital entertainment exciting, engaging and effortless by providing state-of-the-art audio technology to hundreds of millions of DTS-licensed consumer electronics products worldwide. From a renowned legacy as a pioneer in multi-channel audio, DTS became a mandatory audio format in the Blu-ray Disc™ standard and is now increasingly deployed in enabling digital delivery of movies and other forms of digital entertainment on a growing array of network-connected consumer devices. DTS technology is in home theaters, car audio systems, PCs, game consoles, DVD players, televisions, digital media players, set-top boxes, smart phones, surround music software and every device capable of playing Blu-ray™ discs. Founded in 1993, DTS’ corporate headquarters are located in Calabasas, California with its licensing operations headquartered in Limerick, Ireland. DTS also has offices in Northern California, Washington, China, France, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, and the United Kingdom. For further information, please visit www.dts.com.