For more information visit: www.sid2011.org
Unedited press release follows:
Final Agenda Unveiled for SID DisplaySearch Business Conference, to be Held During Display Week 2011 in Los Angeles
Conference to Feature Presentations from ESPN, Sony Electronics, Corning, LG Display, Qualcomm MEMS and More
CAMPBELL, Calif., May 3, 2011 — The Society for Information Display (SID), the leading global organization dedicated to the advancement of electronic display technology, together with DisplaySearch, the worldwide leader in display market research, today unveiled the final agenda for this year’s SID DisplaySearch Business Conference. The conference presentations will focus on market and investment trends in the Chinese display business, regional and investment trends in the display supply chain, 3D technology, and mobile devices.
This year’s event is once again part of Display Week 2011—SID’s annual International Symposium, Seminar and Exhibition—which will be held May 15-20, 2011, at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, Calif. Taking place on Monday, May 16, the one-day event will be anchored by DisplaySearch analysts presenting in-depth market analysis and the latest forecasts. In addition, the SID DisplaySearch Business Conference will feature information-rich presentations from top executives of leading companies throughout the display supply chain.
“We are pleased to collaborate with DisplaySearch again this year. The topics to be covered reflect the ongoing expansion of the display industry, both in global reach and in technological applications. China is a fast-growing market, particularly for TV displays – not only is it entering the flat-panel TV era, but we also expect it to be the largest market for LCD TVs this year. In the meantime, 3D technology continues its steady growth, while mobile devices remain a primary driver for innovation throughout the display arena. This event promises to deliver interesting insight into the next wave of developments in our industry,” noted SID President, Dr. Munisamy Anandan.
“Each year, the SID DisplaySearch Business Conference sets the stage for Display Week—providing an in-depth look at the market trends and outlook for the technologies that will be showcased and discussed during the SID exhibitions,” noted Paul Semenza, senior vice president of analyst services for DisplaySearch. “Covering topics such as the growth of display manufacturing and demand in China, 3D, and the impact of mobile devices on the PC market, this year’s event will be no exception,” Semenza added.
SID DisplaySearch Business Conference Agenda:
• Welcome Address: Dr. Munisamy Anandan, President, SID
• Introduction and Display Market Overview: Paul Semenza, Senior Vice President, Analyst Services, DisplaySearch
Morning Keynotes: China Display Business – Market and Investment Trends
• China Display Business Overview: Current Situation and Future Investment, Jennifer Colegrove, PhD, Vice President of Emerging Display Technologies, DisplaySearch
• China and the State of Displays: Yingjian Liu, Chairman of the Board and Founder, Hanvon Technology Co., Ltd.
• LCD Display Opportunity and Future Direction in China: Frank Shao, Sales Vice President, Shanghai, Tianma Micro-electronics Co., Ltd.
Session I: The Display Supply Chain—Regional and Technology Investment Trends
• FPD Investment and Technology Trends, Charles Annis, Vice President, Manufacturing Research, DisplaySearch
• From End Market to Glass: Corning’s View of Industry Trends, Bob O’Brien, Director of Marketing Intelligence, Corning
• Why Display Makers Need to Differentiate Themselves, and Ways They May, David Barnes, Principal, BizWitz
• LTPS Display Manufacturing Enabled by Excimer Laser Annealing, Rainer Paetzel, Director of Marketing, Coherent
Afternoon Keynotes: 3D
• Watch for Clues, Bryan Burns, Vice President, Strategic Business Planning and Development, ESPN
• Sony’s 3D Ecosystem—From Lens-to-Living Room, Mike Abary, Senior Vice President, Home Division, Sony Electronics, Inc.
• Title TBD, Dr. Min-Sung Yoon, Chief Research Engineer, 3D Technology Dept., LG Display
Session II: The TV Business in the Era of 3D
• 3D TV: Can It Still Be a Game Changer?, Paul Gagnon, Director of North American TV Research, DisplaySearch
• Delivering 3DTV to the Home, Faisal Ishtiaq, Distinguished Member of the Technical Staff, Motorola
Session III: The Impact of Mobile Devices on the PC Ecosystem
• The Increasing Role of Graphics in the Rise of Mobile Computing, Richard Shim, Senior Analyst, DisplaySearch
• Market Trends and Future Development of Mobile Displays, Andre Krebbers, Vice President, Chimei Innolux Mobile Display
• Leveraging Graphics Technologies to Empower a Richer, More Productive Experience on the PC, David Glen, Senior Fellow, AMD
Session IV: Roundtable on Content, Display and the Published Word
• Cheryl Goodman, Director of Marketing, Qualcomm MEMS Technologies
• Kate Byrne, Vice President/General Manager, Technology Groups, Future US
• Jeanniey Mullen, Global Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer, Zinio, LLC
The 3rd annual SID DisplaySearch Business Conference will be held on Monday, May 16, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m., at the Los Angeles Convention Center. A networking cocktail reception will follow, from 5:15-7:00 p.m. For more information on the event or to register, visit
.sid2011.org. For more information about the event or sponsorship opportunities, please contact Laura Castellano at (408) 418-1904 or email@example.com. Media interested in attending Display Week, please contact Marie Labrie at (650) 968-8900 or DisplayWeekPR@mcapr.com.
About Display Week
The 49th SID International Symposium, Seminar and Exhibition, or Display Week 2011, will take place May 15-20, 2011, at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles. Display Week is the premier international gathering of scientists, engineers, manufacturers and users in the field of electronic-information displays. For more information on Display Week 2011, visit www.sid2011.org or follow us on Twitter at @DisplayWeek. Share Display Week-related tweets using the hash tag #SID2011.
The Society of Information Display (SID) is the only professional organization focused on the display industry. In fact, by exclusively focusing on the advancement of electronic-display technology, SID provides a unique platform for industry collaboration, communication and training in all related technologies while showcasing the industry’s best new products. With more than 6,000 members worldwide, the organization’s members are professionals in the technical and business disciplines that relate to display research, design, manufacturing, applications, marketing and sales. To promote industry and academic technology development, while also educating consumers on the importance of displays, SID hosts more than ten conferences a year, including Display Week, which brings industry and academia all under one roof to showcase technology that will shape the future. SID’s global headquarters are located at 1475 S. Bascom Ave., Ste. 114, Campbell, CA 95008. For more information, visit www.sid.org.
Since 1996, DisplaySearch has been recognized as a leading global market research and consulting firm specializing in the display supply chain, as well as the emerging photovoltaic/solar cell industries. DisplaySearch provides trend information, forecasts and analyses developed by a global team of experienced analysts with extensive industry knowledge. In collaboration with the NPD Group, its parent company, DisplaySearch uniquely offers a true end-to-end view of the display supply chain from materials and components to shipments of electronic devices with displays to sales of major consumer and commercial channels. For more information on DisplaySearch analysts, reports and industry events, visit us at www.displaysearch.com. Read our blog at www.displaysearchblog.com and follow us on Twitter at @DisplaySearch.
About The NPD Group, Inc.
The NPD Group is the leading provider of reliable and comprehensive consumer and retail information for a wide range of industries. Today, more than 1,800 manufacturers, retailers, and service companies rely on NPD to help them drive critical business decisions at the global, national, and local market levels. NPD helps our clients to identify new business opportunities and guide product development, marketing, sales, merchandising, and other functions. Information is available for the following industry sectors: automotive, beauty, commercial technology, consumer technology, entertainment, fashion, food and beverage, foodservice, home, office supplies, software, sports, toys, and wireless. For more information, contact us or visit www.npd.com and www.npdgroupblog.com. Follow us on Twitter at @npdtech and @npdgroup.