For more information visit: www.flashmemorysummit.com
Unedited press release follows:
Flash Memory Summit 2011 Celebrates 25th Anniversary of Today’s Most Important Storage Technology
The Only Conference Dedicated Entirely to Flash and Its Applications
SAN DIEGO, CA–(Jul 12, 2011) – The sixth annual Flash Memory Summit celebrates the 25th anniversary of today’s most important storage technology. Flash Memory Summit 2011 will explore the uses, challenges, and future of flash memory and its applications from iPad to enterprise. Flash Memory Summit takes place August 9-11 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in the heart of the Silicon Valley. Online registration is now open for Flash Memory Summit 2011, the only conference dedicated entirely to the $38 billion market for flash memory and solid-state drive (SSD) applications, at http://www.flashmemorysummit.com.
Invented 25 years ago and pioneered by companies such as Intel, SanDisk and Toshiba, flash memory today serves as the storage medium in popular mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. It has also enabled a vast array of products, including embedded systems, consumer storage cards, cache memory, and SSDs for both computer and enterprise applications.
“Upcoming changes to data storage architectures in smart devices, PCs and enterprises could drive the flash memory market past $60 billion by 2015,” said Tom Coughlin, President of Coughlin Associates and Chairperson of Flash Memory Summit. “Engineers, marketers, and executives all face new challenges. How do you design effectively with flash? What new products can you create — what is the next iPad? How do you manage and secure content? How long does the stored data last and how can you increase its lifespan? Find the answer to these and many other questions at the Flash Memory Summit.”
Flash Memory Summit will feature an unprecedented nine keynote addresses including leading industry experts:
• Glen Hawk, Vice President, NAND Solutions, Micron Technology, “The Alchemy of NAND Flash”
• Eric Kao, CEO and Chairman, Memoright, “The Age of Application-Specific SSD”
• Sanjay Mehrotra, SanDisk
• John Scaramuzzo, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Storage Business Unit, SMART Modular, “It’s Not Your Father’s Hard Drive or Is It?”
• Bill Nesheim, Vice President of Solaris Platform Engineering, Oracle, “Mythbusting Flash Performance”
• Knut Grimsrud. Intel Fellow, Intel, “The Next Frontier in NVM Performance”
• Scott Stetzer, Vice President of Marketing, STEC, “How Enterprise SSDs Can Revolutionize the Data Center”
• Seaung Suk Lee, Vice President, NAND Flash Product Planning, Hynix Semiconductor, “Emerging Challenges in NAND Flash Technology”
• John Moon, Senior Director, Emerging System Integration, Seagate Technology
This important three-day event will be packed full of tutorials and in-depth sessions. In addition to the exceptional lineup of keynote speakers, the program features:
• Pre-conference workshop on flash security and seminar on SSD fundamentals
• Sessions and tutorials on pairing flash memory and hard drives, flash memory-based architectures, enterprise solid state drives (SSDs), hybrid memory systems, next-generation controllers, enterprise storage applications, testing/performance/endurance, tiered storage and software for flash-based systems
• Special plenary session on the 25-year history of flash memory
• Market research session featuring top analysts
• Flash Memory Summit theater
Flash Memory Summit 2011 is the single best source of the latest information and recent developments in flash memory. It is a must-attend event for anyone involved or interested in the design, manufacture, marketing, sales, or use of flash memory. Summit attendees will:
• Explore the latest consumer, data center, enterprise, and embedded applications
• Learn about advances in security, software, and new technologies
• Get up to speed on solid state drives
• Hear the latest market research
• Network with leading companies, peers, and potential partners and customers.
Flash Memory Summit exhibitors, sponsors, and speakers include leading companies such as Intel, Micron, LSI, IDT, Samsung, Seagate, SanDisk, Microsoft, STEC, Hitachi, Viking Modular, and many others, as well as specialist companies, startups, and leading end users such as Dell, EMC, IBM, Microsoft, and Oracle. For a complete list of exhibitors and sponsors, visit http://www.flashmemorysummit.com/English/Conference/Exhibitor_List.html
Summit participants are invited to submit nominations for the fourth annual Flash Memory Summit Awards, which recognize the most innovative products and solutions. Awards will be announced in four categories:
• Most Innovative Flash Memory Application
• Most Innovative Flash Memory Technology
• Most Innovative Flash Memory Implementation
• Most Innovative Flash Memory End User Solution
A panel of judges will evaluate nominations based on distinctiveness of the application, technology, or product; central use of flash memory as a customer solution; and technical and business significance to the general marketplace. Nomination forms are available at www.flashmemorysummit.com. Entries are due by 6 pm PDT on July 20. Award nominations are complimentary to all sponsors and exhibitors. A $500 fee per nomination will apply to other applicants.
About Flash Memory Summit
Flash Memory Summit is the only conference dedicated entirely to flash memory and its applications. It is intended for system designers, analysts, hardware and software engineers, product marketing and marketing communications specialists, and engineering and marketing managers. It features forums, half-day tutorials, paper and panel sessions, and expert tables. Subjects include harsh environments, laptops, enterprise storage system applications, consumer products, performance, product design, caching methods, design methods, software, new technologies, market research, testing and reliability, and security. The Summit also includes exhibits of the latest products and product awards. For more information, visit www.flashmemorysummit.com. Twitter: flashmem Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Flash-Memory-Summit/72498807894
About Conference ConCepts, Inc.
Founded in 1994, Conference ConCepts is a full-service professional conference and association management company that provides extensive capabilities in all aspects of technical conference management. Conference ConCepts develops and produces events both on its own, and in partnership with associations, corporations, and publishers. The skill sets of the company’s employees and contractors, representing over 200 cumulative years of experience, enables Conference ConCepts to offer clients a choice of services, ranging from assistance with a single aspect of a conference to the complete development and administration of a full-fledged “turnkey” event. For more information about Conference ConCepts, visit: http://www.confconcepts.com.