Unedited press release follows:
Midnight openings on November 14 in Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver
• To commemorate the arrival of one of this holiday’s most-sought consoles, Future Shop is opening all its stores at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, November 15, 2013. A minimum of 25 consoles will be available at each store.
• Midnight openings will be held on Thursday, November 14, 2013 at four Future Shop stores in Canada: Toronto (Yonge and Dundas), Calgary (Shawnessy), Edmonton West and Vancouver (Robson and Granville).
• Future Shop’s ‘Flip Your Tech’ offers gift cards in exchange for used consoles.
BURNABY, BC, Nov. 7, 2013 – The wait for one of this holiday’s hottest game console is over on Friday, November 15, 2013 when the PlayStation 4 launches across Canada at every Future Shop store. To commemorate the arrival, all Future Shop stores are opening on launch day at 8:00 a.m. local time. Despite pre-orders selling out within weeks of becoming available, Future Shop has arranged for 25 unreserved consoles for sale at every store.
Midnight openings will be held at the following stores the evening before on Thursday, November 14, 2013:
• Toronto: 10 Dundas St. E. (at Yonge St.)
• Calgary: 110-350R Shawville Bld. SE (Shawnessy)
• Edmonton West: 9560-170th St.
• Vancouver: 798 Granville St. (at Robson St.)
A minimum of 100 unreserved PlayStation 4 consoles will be available to customers at the above stores. The downtown Vancouver Future Shop will have at least 250 unreserved consoles available to customers.
Future Shop hosting PlayStation 4 launch party in downtown Vancouver
On Thursday, November 14, from 9:00 p.m. – 11:59 p.m. PST, Future Shop’s Granville and Robson store will entertain eager gaming customers with a live DJ and giveaways, including five PlayStation Vita prize packages.
Get a gift card for your old console through ‘Flip Your Tech’
Customers seeking to retire their old consoles can do so through Future Shop’s ‘Flip Your Tech’ program that takes back a variety of electronics in exchange for gift cards that can be used for anything sold in-store or online. Through www.futureshop.ca/flipyourtech, customers can see a list of consoles applicable in the program and obtain an estimate. Console trade-ins are not accepted at the midnight openings stores, however, customers are encouraged to do so before or after launch day.
The PlayStation 4 console is expected to be one of this season’s highly-sought gadgets. For more information, visit www.futureshop.ca/PS4.
About Future Shop
With 140 stores across the country and the nation’s premier web store (www.futureshop.ca), Burnaby, BC-based Future Shop is Canada’s largest retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics. The company employs 10,000 technology enthusiasts, and has enabled its website, Futureshop.ca, to deliver unparalleled content about the products it sells. Futureshop.ca also hosts an online community forum and tech blog called Tech Yeah for technology beginners and tech-savvy experts to exchange ideas, reviews, tips and other consumer electronics information (www.futureshop.ca/techyeah). As a proud corporate citizen, Future Shop has developed solutions to recycle used electronics and is committed to employee volunteerism and supporting non-profit organizations dedicated to transforming local youth into Future Leaders (see www.futureshop.ca/futuregeneration).
Best Buy celebrates launch of PS4 with midnight and early store openings
All stores open early at 8 a.m. on launch day – minimum 25 unreserved units per store; Four stores will open at midnight
• Best Buy Canada is opening four stores at midnight for the launch of PS4
• All stores open at 8 a.m. on November 15 – including midnight opening stores
• Minimum 25 unreserved units available at each store
• 250 unreserved units available at Bay and Dundas only for purchase at midnight
• Gameplay, prizing, giveaways and more at Bay and Dundas launch party
BURNABY, BC, Nov. 7, 2013 – Best Buy Canada is opening its doors at midnight at four stores for the launch of the highly anticipated PS4 console with all stores opening at 8 a.m. on November 15.
For those customers who haven’t pre-ordered, all Best Buy stores will have a minimum of 25 unreserved units available for purchase at each store with Bay and Dundas offering 250 unreserved units for purchase starting at 12:01 a.m. on November 15. The other three stores opening at midnight will each have 100 unreserved units available for purchase.
9 p.m. launch party at the Bay and Dundas store November 14:
• 250 unreserved units available for purchase at midnight – this store only
• Prizing and giveaways – including five PS Vita Bundles
• Lounge area for Game play
• On-site DJ
Midnight opening stores – (Vancouver, Mississauga and Winnipeg stores will each have 100 unreserved units available for purchase at midnight)
• Vancouver – Cambie and 6th
• Toronto – Bay and Dundas
• Mississauga – Heartland Town Centre
• Winnipeg – St. James
Full store details on PS4 launch here: BestBuy.ca/PS4
Trade in Program: Bring in your previously used consoles and trade them in for a Best Buy Gift Card! Check out the value estimator calculator on bestbuy.ca to input the details of your console and find out the estimated value in gift cards you could receive if you trade it in.
Best Buy Canada Lowest Price Guarantee:
Best Buy Canada is the consumer electronics destination with the lowest prices across the country. If a competitor online or in-store has an item selling for less, Best Buy will beat it by 10 per cent of the difference, for up to 30 days. We also offer more ways to shop in-store and online. Reserve your item online and it will be ready for in-store pickup in 20 minutes at the store nearest you. We offer free home delivery service on all items over $20 and hassle-free returns on all items whether purchased in store or online.