According to the statement, Future Shop also plans to hold launch 3D events in Mississauga, ON and Edmonton, AB.
For more information visit: www.futureshop.ca
Unedited press release follows:
Future Shop hosts nationwide Midnight Madness openings for Call of Duty: Black Ops
3-D launch events in Mississauga and Edmonton
BURNABY, BC, Nov. 5 – Future Shop, Canada’s largest retailer and etailer of consumer electronics, is hosting early store openings for the launch of one of the most-anticipated games of 2010 available in 3D, Call of Duty: Black Ops. On Monday, November 8 at all 146 locations, Future Shop is hosting ‘Midnight Madness’ events where gaming enthusiasts can obtain their copy of the game in Prestige, Hardened or regular editions for Xbox, PlayStation 3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS and PC. Stores in Quebec and Sudbury, ON open their doors on Tuesday, November 9 at 8:00 a.m. local time. Exclusive Call of Duty swag, prizing including Call of Duty: Black Ops dog tags, maps and special offers will be offered to Midnight Madness participants.
Future Shop and Xbox launch 3-D events in Mississauga and Edmonton
In celebration of the release of Call of Duty: Black Ops, special Midnight Madness launches are taking place at Future Shop’s Heartland (Mississauga, ON) and Edmonton South Common (Edmonton, AB) stores with Xbox. Customers are invited to play the game early and experience it in 3D.
Street teams will be giving away Future Shop exclusive Black Ops gear, including:
* Copies of Call of Duty: Black Ops will be given away in a variety of gaming formats
* Black Ops dog tags (minimum 50 per store)
* Call of Duty: Black Ops map (minimum 50 per store)
* Rescue Dawn blu-ray and camo headsets (with purchase of COD Black Ops) ($25 value, minimum 25 per store)
* Black Ops hoodies and t-shirts (while supplies last)
Where: All Future Shop store locations. Special 3-D events at the following stores:
* Heartland – 5900 Mavis Rd. (at Britannia Rd. W.), Mississauga, ON
* South Edmonton Common – 1320 99th St. (at Parsons Rd. NW), Edmonton, AB
* Monday, November 8, 2010, Midnight: All Future Shop stores
* Tuesday, November 9, 2010, 8:00 a.m. local time: Future Shop stores in Quebec and Sudbury, ON
Photo/interview opportunities available:
* Excited customers lining up to buy their copies of Call of Duty: Black Ops
* Interaction between street teams, mercenary tents, and first ever Call of Duty in 3D at launch events in Mississauga, ON and Edmonton, AB
* First customers purchasing Call of Duty: Black Ops at Future Shop store locations