For more information visit: www.halowaypoint.com
Unedited press release follows:
“Halo: Spartan Assault” Comes to Xbox 360 on Jan. 31
The battle between humanity and the Covenant expands to new warfronts as “Halo: Spartan Assault” arrives on Xbox 360 on Jan. 31 for $14.99 via digital download.1 With over 30 stimulating missions at your fingertips, play longer than ever with the online cooperative mode and the Operation Hydra expansion that delivers an action-packed addition to the single-player campaign.
For more information, please visit Halo Waypoint.
New Features, Weapons, and Online Cooperative Play
Top features in “Halo: Spartan Assault” for Xbox 360 include the following:
· Immersive storyline. An original story set between the events of “Halo 3” and “Halo 4,” experience war with the Covenant, the first missions of the Spartan Ops program and the rise of Commander Sarah Palmer
· Online cooperative multiplayer. Play longer than ever with an online cooperative multiplayer mode that brings you five action-packed missions, all played from a top-down camera view3
· New enemies. Wage war against a persistent and overwhelming enemy – encounter the Flood for the first time in “Halo: Spartan Assault”
· New weapons and achievements. Go in strong with an expanded arsenal that brings you more weapons, armor abilities, and more upgrades, while earning new Achievements for Xbox 360
· Original “Halo” gameplay. An action-packed, stimulating single-player campaign spanning 30 missions in battles throughout the “Halo” universe (including five “Operation Hydra” missions)
· Nonstop competitive fun. Compete against friends in Leaderboards or hone your skills while collecting more than 40 in-game Achievements and Medals
About 343 Industries
343 Industries is the developer of the blockbuster “Halo” series of video games and, as part of Microsoft Studios, oversees the “Halo” franchise, including games, linear programming, novels, comics, licensed collectibles, apparel and more. 343 Industries is home to a world-class talent that has delivered award-winning titles like “Halo 4” and “Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary,” as well as the action-shooter “Halo: Spartan Assault” and the live-action digital series “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn.” The studio is currently developing the next blockbuster “Halo” game exclusively for Xbox One, while continuing to transform entertainment experiences across the “Halo” universe with groundbreaking projects, including an upcoming television series.
About Vanguard Games
Established in 2010, Vanguard Games develops high quality games for next generation mobile devices, game consoles, and PC. Based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Vanguard Games was set up by industry veterans Martin de Ronde and Michiel Mol (founders Guerilla Games) and Arthur Houtman (Atari, Disney Online), who played key roles in the development of a number of blockbuster titles. Vanguard Games’ past projects include award-winning strategy game Greed Corp and the critically acclaimed twin stick shooter Gatling Gears. The company’s mission is to develop games that set new benchmarks for mobile and online entertainment. For more information visit http://www.vanguardgames.net.
1. Also available for Windows 8 PCs and tablets, and Windows Phone 8. All versions of the game sold separately; available features may vary by device.
3 Online cooperative multiplayer requires Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately). Multiplayer between Xbox One and Xbox 360 not supported.