For more information visit: www.international3dsociety.com
Unedited press release follows:
The International 3D Society Announces 3D Technology Award Winners
HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Dec. 14, 2011 — The International 3D Society today announced honorees for its 2nd Annual 3D Technology Awards. “The Awards Committee considered 3D technologies with an eye on those that are genuine advances to the state of the art. We want to shine a spotlight on worthy products that make a contribution to professional and consumer applications,” said Lenny Lipton, Chairman of the Society’s Awards Committee. “Our theme for 2012 is ‘Make It 3D,’ and these are the organizations which have met industry challenges with superb technical innovation,” said Jim Chabin, President of the Society.
Receiving honors at this year’s awards luncheon in Hollywood will be (in alphabetical order):
• Blu-ray Disc Association – “Blu-ray 3D Specification”
• Cameron Pace Group – “Shadow Technology and the Shadow D System”
• DDD – “TriDef® 3D Experience”
• Deluxe UK – “Babel 3D Subtitling Technology”
• HDMI Licensing, LLC – “3D Format Standard over HDMI Interface”
• LG Electronics – “LG Cinema 3D TV”
• Masuji Soto and David Sykes – “Stereo Movie Maker”
• Panasonic – “AG-3DA1 Twin Lens 3D Camera Recorder”
• Peter Wimmer – “Stereoscopic Player”
• Sony Playstation – “3D Firmware”
• Vizio – “3D Flatscreen Series”
Entries were reviewed by the Society’s 3D Technology Awards Committee for achievement during 2011.
About the International 3D Society
The International 3D Society was founded to advance the art and technologies of stereoscopic 3D content and its professional innovators through education, hands on demonstration and recognition. For more information please visit: www.International3DSociety.com. For ticket information please contact Cindi Berns at: Cindi@International3DSociety.com.
International 3D Society sponsors include Signature Sponsors, Panasonic and Korea Telecom, as well as Founding Sponsors: Dolby, DreamWorks Animation (DWA), IMAX, MasterImage 3D, PIXAR, RealD, Inc., Sony Corporation of America, The Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures and XPAND 3D.