Imation Corp. announced that it will showcase its range of data storage and data security products and its National Media Lab (NML) in booth 1113 at West 2010, the largest state-of-the-art defense and technology exposition and conference on the West Coast at the San Diego Convention Center, Feb. 2 – 4, 2010. Co-sponsored by The Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA) and the U.S. Naval Institute, the show will feature exhibits from more than 400 technology leaders and discussions by leading military experts.
For more information visit: www.imation.com
Unedited press release follows:
Imation Showcases Data Storage and Security Products at West 2010
Company to highlight new FIPS-validated and U.S-manufactured storage devices; demonstrate tape protection and tracking systems and National Media Lab services
SAN DIEGO — Feb 02, 2010 Imation Corp. (NYSE:IMN) will showcase its broad range of data storage and data security products and its well known National Media Lab (NML) in booth 1113 at West 2010, the largest state-of-the-art defense and technology exposition and conference on the West Coast at the San Diego Convention Center, Feb. 2 – 4, 2010. Co-sponsored by The Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA) and the U.S. Naval Institute, the show will feature exhibits from more than 400 technology leaders and discussions by leading military experts.
“At West 2010, Imation is pleased to present our latest data storage, security, and protection offerings that address the unique needs of our government users, including a line of FIPS-validated and U.S.-manufactured flash and hard drive products developed as part of our recently announced partnership with MXI Security,” said Keith Schwartz, director of strategic growth and public sector for Imation’s Commercial business.
“U.S. government agencies have long trusted Imation as a partner, consultant, and supplier to help solve a wide range of data storage backup, archive, recovery and security issues. With leading portfolio of storage products and diagnostic tools, and backed by our team of skilled National Media Lab specialists, Imation looks forward to continuing our work with key government agencies to meet their stringent data security and protection requirements,” continued Schwartz.
Imation will display various storage solutions at West 2010 that provide security, backup and archive, performance, and tape protection solutions, including:
* A preview of Imation’s new FIPS-Validated and U.S.-Manufactured Flash and Hard Disk Drives with MXI’s patent-pending Bluefly Processor™ technology, available in March, 2010. These secure products feature AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption, multi-factor authentication, including some biometric models, tamper resistance and five-year limited warranty. The USB 2.0 external hard drive will be available in 250GB, 320GB, and 500GB capacities. The USB 2.0 flash drives will be available in capacities ranging from 1 to 32GB. More product details will be provided in the March availability announcement.
* Imation Secure Scan, the industry’s first tape scanning product with a locking feature, ensures that LTO media cannot be written to or read from any LTO drive, providing an additional layer of security during transport or off-site storage. Imation Secure Scan also enables customers to proactively assess the health of their LTO libraries, delivering the confidence that data is usable when needed.
* DataGuard rf™ Tape Tracking System brings the range, reliability and accuracy of RFID (radio frequency identification) to tape storage. With its patent-pending RFID Volume and Serial Number (Vol-Ser) Labels, Imation combines proven technology into one robust and secure label that incorporates RFID technology, Vol-Ser number identification and advanced ultra-high frequency (UHF) support with an open system that works with any tape management platform.
* Imation RDX™ removable hard disk cartridges that operate just like traditional tape cartridges while providing all the back-up benefits of disk-to-disk systems. Imation RDX is a tape replacement solution that includes a high-capacity, rugged and removable 2.5-inch HDD cartridge and a docking station with USB and SATA connections. Offering complete data protection with easy and reliable backup, data security and expandable storage, RDX HDD cartridges are available in 160GB, 320GB and 500GB capacities.
* Solid State Drive (SSD) Upgrade Kit. Imation’s next-generation 2.5″ M-Class SSD Upgrade Kit offers simple, three-step installation to copy, swap, and convert with an all-in-one solution that offers a performance-enhancing SSD replacement for a traditional spinning hard disk drive. And in addition to the improved performance, Imation’s SSD drives offer high reliability and an extended five-year warranty.
* Imation Pro WX Wireless USB Hard Drive, the world’s first external hard drive to use innovative Wireless USB technology, providing a unique combination of speed, capacity and security in a convenient 3.5″ form factor. With a wireless data transfer rate of up to 15MB/second and 1.5TB capacity, the drive is perfect for digitally driven users who crave the freedom of the wireless workplace.
National Media Laboratory
Imation’s storage engineers and consultants from its industry-leading National Media Lab (NML) will also be on hand to discuss storage and protection needs. The NML serves as a storage consultant and information lifecycle management service provider and focuses on storage challenges facing the industry including performance and reliability of new storage systems; the best way to identify commercial-off-the-shelf or custom products for specific government applications; data distribution and preservation; data access; disaster recovery and business continuity planning; and crisis situations that require media stabilization for data recovery.
For more information about the NML or any of Imation’s storage, security, and protection products that are available on the GSA schedule, please visit www.imation.com/nml.
About Imation Corp.
Imation is a leading global developer and marketer of branded products that enable people to capture, save and enjoy digital information. Our world-class portfolio of digital storage products, and audio and video electronics and accessories, reaches customers through a powerful global distribution network. Our goal is to be a company with strong commercial and consumer businesses and continued long-term growth and profitability that creates shareholder value. Imation Corp.’s global brand portfolio, in addition to the Imation brand, includes the Memorex brand, one of the most widely recognized names in the consumer electronics industry, famous for the slogan, Is it live or is it Memorex? and the XtremeMac brand. Imation is also the exclusive licensee of the TDK Life on Record brand, one of the world’s leading recording media brands. Additional information about Imation is available at http://www.imation.com.