According to the statement, SDXC cards, in addition to larger capacities allow for exponentially faster data transfer rates while maintaining the popular SD form factor. The Kingston SDXC card is compliant with the SDA Memory Card Standard Version 3.01, UHS-1. UHS-1 stands for Ultra-High Speed Bus 1 which is the new architecture of SDXC cards designed to reach speeds up to a maximum transfer rate of 104MB/sec., and 300MB/sec. in the future. SDXC cards utilize the exFAT file system and are not backwards compatible with SDHC or SD cards. Kingston’s offering has read speeds up to 60MB/sec. and write speeds of up to 35MB/sec.
“Kingston is proud to bring an SDXC card to market that helps users of compatible high-end digital cameras and camcorders realize the full potential of their equipment. The SDXC card allows continuous high-speed burst shooting in RAW format and hours of hi-def recording,” said Wendy Lecot, Flash card business manager, Kingston. “Adding the new SDXC card to our portfolio of Flash products paves the way for our network of resellers to meet market demand for photo and video applications as well as future generations of consumer products.”
New camera and camcorder introductions (such as Canon and Panasonic) are evolving their designs to include SDXC slots but only a handful of devices are on the market today. Other consumer electronic product roadmaps will also start to include support for SDXC. Among the more popular devices that will benefit from additional fast storage are HDTVs, Blu-ray Disc players, navigation devices, mobile phones and computers. Kingston’s 19-in-1 Media Reader (FCR-HS219/1) is compatible with SDXC cards when connected to a PC with an operating system supports exFAT.
The Kingston SDXC UHS-1 Class 10 will be available worldwide at the end of June and has a suggested retail price of $499.00.
Kingston SDXC UHS-1 Class 10 Features/Specifications:
* Capacity: 64GB
* Dimensions: 0.94″ x 1.26″ x 0.08″ (24mm X 32mm X 2.1mm)
* Weight: 0.09 ozs (2.5 g)
* Speed: 10 MB/sec minimum data transfer rate (Class 10); up to 60MB/sec. read and 35MB/sec. write rate
* Bus Mode: Version 1, UHS104, up to 104MB/sec
* Operating Temperature: -13 degrees F to 185 degrees F (-25 degrees C to 85 degrees C)
* Storage Temperature: -40 degrees F to 185 degrees F (-40 degrees C to 85 degrees C)
* Voltage: 3.3v
* Compliant: with the SD Card Association card 3.01 specification
* Copy Protection: Support for CPRM (Content Protection for Recordable Media)
* Secure: built-in write-protect switch prevents accidental data loss
* Compatible: with SDXC host devices; not compatible with SDHC and standard SD-enabled devices/readers
* File System: exFAT
* Reliable: lifetime warranty
* Operating System Support: Windows 7, Windows Vista (SP1 or later), Windows XP (SP2 or later) with exFAT update
For more information visit: www.kingston.com