For more information visit: www.kingston.com
Unedited press release follows:
Kingston Digital Offers Light and Thin Memory Solutions for Growing Ultrabook™, Tablet and Smartphone Markets
• USB Flash Drives, Wi-Fi Based Storage Allow Memory Expansion
• Small Form-Factors Provide Style, Convenience and Portability
• Wi-Drive Capacity Boost to 64GB Coming Soon
2012 International CES
LAS VEGAS & FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif.– Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced an array of portable Flash memory based solutions designed for the growing number of thin notebook, tablet and smartphone users. Kingston’s light and thin USB Flash drives focus on small and stylish designs that expand and innovate the storage capacities of smaller form factor computing devices. In addition, Kingston® Wi-Drive™ offers wireless memory expansion for tablets and smartphones such as Kindle Fire, Apple® iPad®, iPhone® and iPod touch®.
• DataTraveler® SE9: Functionality meets style for mobile users with the new DataTraveler SE9 (DTSE9) USB Flash Drive. The ultra-thin, sleek metal case features a large built-in key ring for easy attachment to a backpack, briefcase, purse or keychain. When plugged into a PC, its metal casing and small size provides protection and does not get in the way of other Flash drives when USB ports are clustered together. The DataTraveler SE9 is available in 8GB and 16GB capacities.
• DataTraveler Micro: One of the world’s smallest USB Flash drives, the DataTraveler Micro is designed in an ultra-small form factor that can be left in devices such as tablets, slim notebooks, netbooks or car audio systems while barely increasing the overall footprint of the host device. The USB drive’s small size allows it to easily blend in without blocking other ports. DataTraveler Micro is available in 8GB and 16GB capacities.
• Kingston Wi-Drive: The portable, wireless storage device for Kindle Fire and Apple devices will be available in a 64GB capacity in later Q1. The device with built-in Wi-Fi allows users to view photos or documents, stream movies and listen to music without relying on Internet access or cloud-based technology. Currently available in 16GB and 32GB capacities, the larger size allows even more sharing of photos, videos, music and more.
“Kingston recognizes the growth in portable computing devices among consumers as tablets and slimmer notebook PCs become commonplace,” said Andrew Ewing, Flash memory business manager, Kingston. “Our various USB Flash drives are light and thin storage solutions which enable tablet and ultra notebook users to extend the capacities and enhance the capabilities of their devices without getting in the way.”
The Kingston DataTraveler SE9 and DataTraveler Micro are backed by a five year warranty. Kingston Wi-Drive is backed by a one-year warranty. All products come with 24/7 technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
Kingston can be found on:
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410.