For more information visit: www.lovefilm.com
Unedited press release follows:
Amazon’s LOVEFiLM Expands UK Content with Sony Pictures Television Deal
SEATTLE –Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN): LOVEFiLM, an Amazon company, and Sony Pictures Television have signed a major multi-year content deal giving LOVEFiLM members exclusive streaming access to new and forthcoming Sony Pictures titles during the second subscription pay TV window, as well as catalog titles and TV series, from June 2012.
The milestone agreement with Sony Pictures Television is the latest in a line of exclusive content deals announced by Amazon’s LOVEFiLM in the UK in recent months, including deals with Warner Bros., Entertainment One, STUDIOCANAL, Disney, Momentum and Lionsgate.
LOVEFiLM members will be able to exclusively stream Sony Pictures titles, including the Academy Award-winning The Social Network, action-thriller Salt, starring Angelina Jolie, and sci-fi action blockbuster 2012 via LOVEFiLM Instant at no extra cost and as part of their existing subscription.
The deal will also further bolster LOVEFiLM’s extensive range of kids TV titles with modern cult, animation favorites like Transformers, Spectacular Spider-Man and The Karate Kid – adding a raft of series to existing LOVEFiLM catalog titles like Pingu, Wallace & Gromit and Fireman Sam.
In addition, LOVEFiLM members will have exclusive streaming access during this pay window to a host of future releases from Sony Pictures, including the No. 1 box office hit Arthur Christmas.
The deal will see Sony Pictures’ recent and forthcoming releases, catalog titles and TV series added to the LOVEFiLM Instant service – available on the PC or via Sony PlayStation®3, Microsoft Xbox 360, Apple iPad®, and a growing number of Internet-connected TV sets and Blu-ray players.
Amazon’s LOVEFiLM will continue to rent Sony Pictures titles on DVD and Blu-ray via its LOVEFiLM By Post service.
Simon Calver, Chief Executive of Amazon’s LOVEFiLM, said:
“Our latest major content agreement means we’ll be able to exclusively offer our members world-class content from Sony Pictures. The number of recent high-profile deals we have secured means we are able to keep expanding the service, offering our members high-quality films and TV and the ability to watch as much as they want for one low monthly price.”
For further information, please contact the LOVEFiLM press office at Mischief on 020 3128 6600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• LOVEFiLM is an Amazon company and is the leading European film subscription service with more than 1.8 million members in the UK, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway
• In February 2011, LOVEFiLM was acquired by Amazon EU SARL
• LOVEFiLM members can enjoy the benefits of DVDs delivered straight to their door with LOVEFiLM By Post and streaming films online via LOVEFiLM Instant
• LOVEFiLM Instant is available on over 175 Internet-enabled devices including PCs, PlayStation®3, iPad®, Xbox 360, plus a growing number of Blu-Ray players and Internet-connected TVs including Sony, Samsung and Cello
• LOVEFiLM is available for as little as £4.99 a month – with no late fees
• Titles are also available to everyone on a pay-per-view basis via LOVEFiLM Box Office
• Members can choose from a selection of over 70,000 titles available across Blu-ray, DVDs, video games and instant streaming
• LOVEFiLM offers a range of video games rental options in the UK market to support gaming across Xbox 360, Xbox, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®2, Wii and DS
• LOVEFiLM members have generated over 80 million film ratings and written more than 843,000 reviews
• For additional information including a breakdown of packages, visit www.lovefilm.com
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. Amazon.com and other sellers offer millions of unique new, refurbished and used items in categories such as Books; Movies, Music & Games; Digital Downloads; Electronics & Computers; Home & Garden; Toys, Kids & Baby; Grocery; Apparel, Shoes & Jewelry; Health & Beauty; Sports & Outdoors; and Tools, Auto & Industrial. Amazon Web Services provides Amazon’s developer customers with access to in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform, which developers can use to enable virtually any type of business. The new latest generation Kindle is the lightest, most compact Kindle ever and features the same 6-inch, most advanced electronic ink display that reads like real paper even in bright sunlight. Kindle Touch is a new addition to the Kindle family with an easy-to-use touch screen that makes it easier than ever to turn pages, search, shop, and take notes – still with all the benefits of the most advanced electronic ink display. Kindle Touch 3G is the top of the line e-reader and offers the same new design and features of Kindle Touch, with the unparalleled added convenience of free 3G. Kindle Fire is the Kindle for movies, TV shows, music, books, magazines, apps, games and web browsing with all the content, free storage in the Amazon Cloud, Whispersync, Amazon Silk (Amazon’s new revolutionary cloud-accelerated web browser), vibrant color touch screen, and powerful dual-core processor.