For more information visit: www.lovefilm.com
Unedited press release follows:
Amazon’s LOVEFiLM Signs Twentieth Century Fox Content Deal
LONDON — LOVEFiLM, an Amazon Company, and Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution have today announced a major multi-year content deal giving LOVEFiLM members streaming access to recent and forthcoming movies and TV series.
LOVEFiLM members will have instant, exclusive on-demand access to what is known as the second pay television window of Twentieth Century Fox film content.
The film deal commences with titles theatrically released in the UK in 2011, which will be made available to subscribers to the LOVEFiLM service as early as March 2013.
The deal with Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution will also give LOVEFiLM members access to movies and TV series from the studio’s library of much-loved titles, and will add to LOVEFiLM’s already extensive TV catalogue. TV titles from Twentieth Century Fox’s television library, available from July 2012, will include early seasons of motorcycle drama Sons of Anarchy and all seasons of 24, Prison Break, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spin-off Angel.
LOVEFiLM members will be able to enjoy these, and a huge range of other titles, on-demand as part of their subscription via the LOVEFiLM Instant service – available on the PC, Mac or via Sony Playstation®3, Microsoft Xbox 360, Apple iPad® and a growing number of Internet-connected TV sets and Blu-ray players.
This is the latest in a long line of content deals announced by LOVEFiLM in the past 12 months, including agreements with Warner Bros., Sony Pictures, NBC Universal, Entertainment One, STUDIOCANAL, Disney, ABC, BBC and ITV.
Amazon’s LOVEFiLM will continue to rent Twentieth Century Fox titles on DVD, Blu-ray and Blu-Ray 3D via its LOVEFiLM By Post service.
Jim Buckle, MD of LOVEFiLM, said: “It feels great to announce another major studio deal for LOVEFiLM. Twentieth Century Fox is one of the world’s leading studios, known across the globe for creating fantastic, iconic content. This partnership will give LOVEFiLM members access to the studio’s huge range of recent movies and the opportunity to revisit some of the best American TV series produced in recent years.”
Gina Brogi, EVP of Worldwide Pay Television and Subscription Video on Demand for Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution added: “We are delighted to be partnered with LOVEFiLM on this new window for Fox films in the UK. This film and series agreement enables us to give UK fans yet another avenue to enjoy the great stories and characters they have come to know and love from our studio.”
About Twentieth Century Fox:
=Twentieth Century Fox is a subsidiary of News Corporation. News Corporation’s diversified global operations include the production and distribution of motion pictures and television programming; television, satellite, cable and digital media broadcasting and transmission, the publication of newspapers, magazines and books; the production and distribution of promotional and advertising products and services; the development of conditional access and subscriber management systems.
• LOVEFiLM is an Amazon company and is the leading European film and TV series subscription service with over 2 million members in the UK, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway
• In February 2011 LOVEFiLM was acquired by Amazon EU SARL
• LOVEFiLM has signed a number of movie and TV content deals with major studios including Miramax, Universal, ABC, BBC, ITV, STUDIOCANAL, Warner Bros and eOne all signed in the last 12 months alone
• LOVEFiLM members can enjoy the benefits of DVDs delivered straight to their door with LOVEFiLM By Post and streaming films online via LOVEFiLM Instant
• LOVEFiLM Instant is available on over 175 Internet-enabled devices including PCs, PlayStation®3, iPad®, Xbox 360, plus a growing number of Blu-Ray players and Internet-connected TVs including Sony, Samsung, LG and Cello
• LOVEFiLM is available for one low monthly price – with no late fees
• Titles are also available to everyone on a pay-per-view basis via LOVEFiLM Box Office
• Members can choose from a selection of over 70,000 titles available across Blu-ray, DVDs, video games and instant streaming
• LOVEFiLM offers a range of video games rental options in the UK market to support gaming across Xbox 360, Xbox, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®2, Wii and DS
• LOVEFiLM members have generated over 80 million film ratings and written more than 1 million reviews
• For additional information including a breakdown of packages visit www.lovefilm.com