For more information visit: www.lovefilm.com
Unedited press release follows:
Amazon’s LOVEFiLM AND NBCUniversal Announce Exclusive Multi-Year Digital Agreement
LOVEFiLM members will be able to instantly watch Universal Pictures films including ‘Kick-Ass’, ‘Despicable Me’, ‘American Reunion’, ‘Battleship’ and ‘Senna’
SEATTLE — LOVEFiLM, an Amazon company, today announced a new multi-year digital license agreement with NBCUniversal International Television Distribution, providing LOVEFiLM members exclusive streaming access to titles from Universal Pictures during the second pay window.
Recent and new release Universal Pictures titles can be accessed through the LOVEFiLM Instant service, available from £4.99 a month on over 175 devices including PC, Mac, Sony Playstation®3, Microsoft Xbox 360, Apple iPad® and a growing number of internet-connected TV sets and Blu-ray players.
The NBCUniversal agreement is the latest in a long line of exclusive content deals announced by LOVEFiLM, including agreements with Disney, Sony Pictures, Warner Bros, Entertainment One and STUDIOCANAL.
Jim Buckle, MD of LOVEFiLM, said: “LOVEFiLM is proud to offer its members access to the highest quality content across multiple platforms from another of the world’s most respected studios. NBCUniversal is also LOVEFiLM’s latest exclusive streaming deal in our quest to deliver the widest choice of content on as many platforms as possible.”
Additional Universal Pictures titles available to watch instantly by LOVEFiLM members in the UK will include ‘It’s Complicated’, ‘Nanny McPhee Returns’, ‘Leap Year’, ‘Green Zone’, ‘The Wolfman’, ‘Robin Hood’, ‘Scott Pilgrim vs The World’, ‘The American’, ‘Paul’, ‘Fast And Furious 5’, ‘Bridesmaids’, ‘Johnny English Reborn’, ‘Snow White and the Huntsman’, ‘Bourne Legacy’, ‘Dr Seuss’ The Lorax’ and ‘Safe House’.
• LOVEFiLM is an Amazon company and is the leading European film subscription service with over 2 million members in the UK, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway
• In February 2011 LOVEFiLM was acquired by Amazon EU SARL
• LOVEFiLM members can enjoy the benefits of DVDs delivered straight to their door with LOVEFiLM By Post and streaming films online via LOVEFiLM Instant
• LOVEFiLM Instant is available on over 175 Internet-enabled devices including PCs, PlayStation®3, iPad®, Xbox 360, plus a growing number of Blu-ray players and Internet-connected TVs including Sony, Samsung, LG and Cello
• LOVEFiLM is available for one low monthly price – with no late fees
• Titles are also available to everyone on a pay-per-view basis via LOVEFiLM Box Office
• Members can choose from a selection of over 70,000 titles available across Blu-ray, DVDs, video games and instant streaming
• LOVEFiLM offers a range of video games rental options in the UK market to support gaming across Xbox 360, Xbox, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®2, Wii and DS
• LOVEFiLM members have generated over 80 million film ratings and written more than 1 million reviews
• For additional information including a breakdown of packages visit www.lovefilm.com
About NBCUniversal International Television Distribution
NBCUniversal International Television Distribution, a division of NBCUniversal, is responsible for the distribution of NBCUniversal product to all forms of television and new media outside of the U.S. and Canada. This includes a rich library of more than 4,000 feature films and 75,000 television episodes, including current and classic titles, non-scripted programming, sports, news, long-form and short-form programming, and locally produced content from around the world.
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavours to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. Amazon.com and other sellers offer millions of unique new, refurbished and used items in categories such as Books; Movies, Music & Games; Digital Downloads; Electronics & Computers; Home & Garden; Toys, Kids & Baby; Grocery; Apparel, Shoes & Jewellery; Health & Beauty; Sports & Outdoors; and Tools, Auto & Industrial. Amazon Web Services provides Amazon’s developer customers with access to in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform, which developers can use to enable virtually any type of business. The new latest generation Kindle is the lightest, most compact Kindle ever and features the same 6-inch, most advanced electronic ink display that reads like real paper even in bright sunlight. Kindle Touch is a new addition to the Kindle family with an easy-to-use touch screen that makes it easier than ever to turn pages, search, shop, and take notes – still with all the benefits of the most advanced electronic ink display. Kindle Touch 3G is the top of the line e-reader and offers the same new design and features of Kindle Touch, with the unparalleled added convenience of free 3G. Kindle Fire is the Kindle for movies, TV shows, music, books, magazines, apps, games and web browsing with all the content, free storage in the Amazon Cloud, Whispersync, Amazon Silk (Amazon’s new revolutionary cloud-accelerated web browser), vibrant colour touch screen, and powerful dual-core processor.