For more information visit: www.lovefilm.com
Unedited press release follows:
Amazon’s LOVEFiLM Strikes TV Streaming Deal with BBC Worldwide
SEATTLE–LOVEFiLM, an Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) company, has partnered with BBC Worldwide in a deal that will give its members streaming access to world-renowned content from the BBC’s vast archive of shows, plus celebrated programmes commissioned by other British broadcasters.
The subscription video on-demand (SVOD) deal includes some of the greatest British programming of all time. TV titles will include the nation’s much loved Doctor Who, the critically acclaimed Life On Mars, spy drama Spooks, highly-acclaimed mini-series Whitechapel, as well as some of the public and critics’ favourite documentaries including the breath-taking Planet Earth.
This is the latest content deal to add further TV content to LOVEFiLM Instant – Europe’s leading TV and movie subscription streaming service available on a range of internet-connected devices including the PC, Sony PlayStation®3, Apple iPad, web-enabled TV sets and Blu-ray players and Microsoft Xbox 360.
LOVEFiLM Instant gives members immediate access to TV and movie content from major broadcasters and studios including Entertainment One, Disney, Lionsgate, Momentum, Sony Pictures, STUDIOCANAL, Warner Bros. and ITV direct to their living rooms. Members will also continue to benefit from physical DVD rentals with the ever-growing LOVEFiLM by Post service.
Simon Calver, CEO of Amazon’s LOVEFiLM, comments:
“We are thrilled to be bringing together great British TV content with Europe’s leading film subscription service. This gives LOVEFiLM an even more powerful, unique offering of instant programming for our members to view across a growing number of platforms, for one low monthly price.”
Lisa Rousseau, Head of UK and Ireland, Sales & Distribution, BBC Worldwide added: “We’ve had a content partnership with LOVEFiLM for several years now and it’s great to see this evolve digitally. We’re delighted to give LOVEFiLM’s subscribers the opportunity to instantly watch their favourite British shows, wherever and whenever they wish, alongside a diverse range of great programmes and films.”
• LOVEFiLM is an Amazon company and is the leading European film subscription service with over 1.9 million members in the UK, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway
• In February 2011 LOVEFiLM was acquired by Amazon EU SARL
• LOVEFiLM members can enjoy the benefits of DVDs delivered straight to their door with LOVEFiLM By Post and streaming films online via LOVEFiLM Instant
• LOVEFiLM Instant is available on over 175 Internet-enabled devices including PCs, PlayStation®3, iPad®, Xbox 360, plus a growing number of Blu-Ray players and Internet-connected TVs including Sony, Samsung and Cello
• LOVEFiLM is available for one low monthly price – with no late fees
• Titles are also available to everyone on a pay-per-view basis via LOVEFiLM Box Office
• Members can choose from a selection of over 70,000 titles available across Blu-ray, DVDs, video games and instant streaming
• LOVEFiLM offers a range of video games rental options in the UK market to support gaming across Xbox 360, Xbox, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®2, Wii and DS
• LOVEFiLM members have generated over 80 million film ratings and written more than 843,000 reviews
• For additional information including a breakdown of packages visit www.lovefilm.com
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavours to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. Amazon.com and other sellers offer millions of unique new, refurbished and used items in categories such as Books; Movies, Music & Games; Digital Downloads; Electronics & Computers; Home & Garden; Toys, Kids & Baby; Grocery; Apparel, Shoes & Jewellery; Health & Beauty; Sports & Outdoors; and Tools, Auto & Industrial. Amazon Web Services provides Amazon’s developer customers with access to in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform, which developers can use to enable virtually any type of business. The new latest generation Kindle is the lightest, most compact Kindle ever and features the same 6-inch, most advanced electronic ink display that reads like real paper even in bright sunlight. Kindle Touch is a new addition to the Kindle family with an easy-to-use touch screen that makes it easier than ever to turn pages, search, shop, and take notes – still with all the benefits of the most advanced electronic ink display. Kindle Touch 3G is the top of the line e-reader and offers the same new design and features of Kindle Touch, with the unparalleled added convenience of free 3G. Kindle Fire is the Kindle for movies, TV shows, music, books, magazines, apps, games and web browsing with all the content, free storage in the Amazon Cloud, Whispersync, Amazon Silk (Amazon’s new revolutionary cloud-accelerated web browser), vibrant colour touch screen, and powerful dual-core processor.