For more information visit: www.lovefilm.com
Unedited press release follows:
Amazon’s LOVEFiLM Partners with ITV in Major TV Streaming Deal
SEATTLE–LOVEFiLM, an Amazon (Nasdaq:AMZN) company, has partnered with ITV to enable its members to instantly watch TV titles from the UK’s largest commercial broadcaster.
The subscription video on-demand (SVOD) agreement will give LOVEFiLM members access to ITV’s vast archive of shows, including a selection of recent popular content such as Marchlands and Above Suspicion, as well as classic crime series Prime Suspect and Inspector Morse and much loved British dramas such as Cold Feet and Secret Diary of a Call Girl.
The renewed deal with ITV will add further premium TV content to the LOVEFiLM Instant service – Europe’s leading TV and movie subscription streaming service available on a range of internet-connected devices including the PC, Sony PlayStation®3, Apple iPad, web-enabled TV sets and Blu-ray players and Microsoft Xbox 360 – and strengthen its existing offering of ITV programmes.
LOVEFiLM Instant gives members immediate access to TV and movie content from major broadcasters and studios including Entertainment One, Disney, Lionsgate, Momentum, STUDIOCANAL, Warner Bros. and BBC Worldwide direct to their living rooms.
Simon Calver, CEO of Amazon’s LOVEFiLM, comments:
“LOVEFiLM’s partnership with ITV is the icing on the cake of our LOVEFiLM Instant service as it brings more top TV content together with world class movies, delivered across multiple platforms, all for one low monthly price.”
Martin Goswami, Director of Pay and Distribution added: “We are delighted to be working with LOVEFiLM to bring a wide range of ITV’s best loved programmes to their subscribers. Partnering with LOVEFiLM’s Instant service is a great example of how ITV is starting to drive new revenue streams by distributing its content across multiple platforms.”
• LOVEFiLM is an Amazon company and is the leading European film subscription service with over 1.9 million members in the UK, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway
• In February 2011 LOVEFiLM was acquired by Amazon EU SARL
• LOVEFiLM members can enjoy the benefits of DVDs delivered straight to their door with LOVEFiLM By Post and streaming films online via LOVEFiLM Instant
• LOVEFiLM Instant is available on over 175 Internet-enabled devices including PCs, PlayStation®3, iPad®, Xbox 360, plus a growing number of Blu-Ray players and Internet-connected TVs including Sony, Samsung and Cello
• LOVEFiLM is available for one low monthly price – with no late fees
• Titles are also available to everyone on a pay-per-view basis via LOVEFiLM Box Office
• Members can choose from a selection of over 70,000 titles available across Blu-ray, DVDs, video games and instant streaming
• LOVEFiLM offers a range of video games rental options in the UK market to support gaming across Xbox 360, Xbox, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®2, Wii and DS
• LOVEFiLM members have generated over 80 million film ratings and written more than 843,000 reviews
• For additional information including a breakdown of packages visit www.lovefilm.com
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavours to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. Amazon.com and other sellers offer millions of unique new, refurbished and used items in categories such as Books; Movies, Music & Games; Digital Downloads; Electronics & Computers; Home & Garden; Toys, Kids & Baby; Grocery; Apparel, Shoes & Jewellery; Health & Beauty; Sports & Outdoors; and Tools, Auto & Industrial. Amazon Web Services provides Amazon’s developer customers with access to in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform, which developers can use to enable virtually any type of business. The new latest generation Kindle is the lightest, most compact Kindle ever and features the same 6-inch, most advanced electronic ink display that reads like real paper even in bright sunlight. Kindle Touch is a new addition to the Kindle family with an easy-to-use touch screen that makes it easier than ever to turn pages, search, shop, and take notes – still with all the benefits of the most advanced electronic ink display. Kindle Touch 3G is the top of the line e-reader and offers the same new design and features of Kindle Touch, with the unparalleled added convenience of free 3G. Kindle Fire is the Kindle for movies, TV shows, music, books, magazines, apps, games and web browsing with all the content, free storage in the Amazon Cloud, Whispersync, Amazon Silk (Amazon’s new revolutionary cloud-accelerated web browser), vibrant colour touch screen, and powerful dual-core processor.