MainConcept GmbH announced that it is inviting customers and interested parties to visit its booth at the 2010 IBC show in Amsterdam and see the latest MainConcept audio and video encoding/decoding solutions, including a new Blu-ray 3D transcoding application, a suite of format compatibility plug-ins for Adobe Premiere Pro and Apple’s Final Cut Pro NLEs and more.
For more information visit: www.mainconcept.com
Unedited press release follows:
MainConcept Showcases New Plug-in and Application Products at IBC 2010
Show Highlights Include New 3D for Blu-ray Disc™ Transcoding Application, Plug-ins for Adobe® Premiere Pro CS5 and Final Cut Pro
AACHEN, Germany, Sept. 8 — MainConcept GmbH, a wholly-owned subsidiary of DivX, Inc. (Nasdaq: DIVX) and one of the world’s premier providers of video and audio codecs and software development kits (SDKs) to the consumer, broadcast and professional markets, today extended an open invitation to customers and interested parties to visit its booth at the 2010 IBC show in Amsterdam where content creators and industry professionals can see the latest MainConcept audio and video encoding/decoding solutions, including a new 3D for Blu-ray Disc transcoding application, a suite of format compatibility plug-ins for popular Adobe® Premiere Pro and Apple’s Final Cut Pro NLEs, and much more.
MainConcept has long been recognized as the preferred supplier of high quality, performance optimized audio and video codecs to many of the world’s best known broadcast, streaming, consumer electronics, and mobile device companies. With an unprecedented number of audio and video formats available in the market today, it is critical to have a codec partner capable of providing encoding and decoding solutions that meet industry standards, are easy to integrate, and provide the performance necessary for professional applications.
Here’s a sneak-peek at some of the MainConcept solutions that will be available for demonstration at IBC 2010:
* MainConcept Reference 2.1 is a professional media transcoding application based on MainConcept’s industry leading codec technology, now with support for HTML5 and Apple iPad. This modular preset-based application allows users to buy only the individual codecs needed. Users benefit from presets for popular playback devices such as Blu-ray Disc so they can start encoding immediately;
* MainConcept Reference 3D transcoding application is a new Windows® application for encoding video into stereoscopic and multi-view 3D video streams to create eye-popping 3D Blu-ray Disc productions that are fully compatible with 3D Blu-ray Disc players;
* MainConcept™ CUDA H.264/AVC SDK enables developers to add GPU accelerated video encoding to their own applications. It allows transcoding from MPEG-2, VC-1, H.264/AVC elementary streams, and raw frames into the H.264/AVC Baseline and Main Profile formats. Also available is a CUDA-based H.264/AVC plug-in for MainConcept Reference 2.1 stand-alone transcoding application for Windows® and Macintosh®, which is accelerated on NVIDIA GPUs.
* MainConcept™ OpenCL H.264/AVC SDK Beta off-loads resource intensive encoding tasks to the GPU using the OpenCL architecture and ATI Stream SDK 2.2 to speed up video encoding and reducing the CPU processor load. OpenCL is an open, cross-platform industry standard managed by the Khronos Group and is supported by graphics boards from NVIDIA and ATI. It allows encoding into H.264/AVC Baseline and Main Profile;
* MainConcept Movie Export is a preset-based export plug-in for Apple’s Final Cut Pro that allows the NLE to export in popular formats including Blu-ray Disc, HTML5, Flash, AVC-Intra, Sony XDCAM, Apple iPod/iPad and others;
* MainConcept Codec Suite 5 Plug-Ins for Adobe® Premiere Pro CS5 are the ideal solutions for working with advanced formats like Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2 AVC-Intra, DVCPRO and even Ikegami GFCAM formats natively on the Premiere Pro timeline;
* MainConcept Conversion Pack plug-in for Sony’s XDCAM Browser clip-managing software can be used with the latest portfolio of Sony XDCAM camcorders and decks. It is a simple-to-use application that serves as a bridge tool to transcode the XDCAM content into different output formats by using predefined profiles;
“MainConcept continues to deliver compelling new technologies for the video and audio production industry, including affordable 3D encoding for Blu-ray Disc,” said Muzaffer Beygirci, Managing Director and Vice President Worldwide Sales of MainConcept GmbH. “MainConcept is the one-stop-shop for everything from low-level codec SDKs to plug-ins and even stand-alone applications that allow our customers to focus on creating fantastic productions instead of worrying about format compliance.”
Please stop by the MainConcept booth # 2.C50 at IBC 2010, September 10-14, to learn how these and other MainConcept solutions can meet your needs. Contact your MainConcept sales professional to schedule a meeting during the show and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MainConcept GmbH, a wholly owned subsidiary of DivX, Inc. (NASDAQ: DIVX), is one of the world’s premier providers of high-quality audio and video codec solutions for consumer and professional applications. Many of the world’s best consumer electronics and computer manufactures, handheld device makers, and creative software providers rely on MainConcept embedded codec solutions to deliver a superb audio and video experience to their customers, in virtually all popular consumer formats. MainConcept also provides comprehensive encoding and decoding solutions to the broadcast and professional video industry in the form of codecs for integration into creative software suites as well as complete after-market plug-in solutions for adding new video format support into popular Non-Linear Editing (NLE) software packages. MainConcept – The Codec People.