MainConcept GmbH announced a preview of its new Spring 2010 products that will be showcased at the annual National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) 2010 show in Las Vegas, Nevada, April 12th–15th.
According to the statement, highlights include MainConcept’s new 3D Blu-ray Disc SDK, Reference 2.0 professional transcoding application, MPEG Pro HD 5, and Movie Export Plug-Ins for Final Cut.
For more information visit: www.mainconcept.com
Unedited press release follows:
MainConcept(TM) Showcases Spring 2010 Line-Up of New Codec SDKs, Plug-Ins, and Applications at NAB
Highlights Include New 3D Blu-ray Disc(TM) SDK, Reference 2.0 Professional Transcoding Application, MPEG Pro HD 5, and Movie Export Plug-Ins for Final Cut
AACHEN, Germany and SAN DIEGO, April 12 — MainConcept GmbH, a wholly-owned subsidiary of DivX, Inc. (Nasdaq: DIVX) and one of the world’s premier providers of video and audio codecs and software development kits (SDKs) to the consumer, broadcast and professional markets, today revealed a “sneak-peek” of its new Spring 2010 products that will be showcased at the annual National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) 2010 show in Las Vegas, Nevada, April 12th–15th.
MainConcept has long been recognized as the preferred supplier of high-quality, performance optimized audio and video codecs to many of the world’s best known broadcast, streaming, consumer electronics, and mobile device companies. With an unprecedented number of audio and video formats available in the market today, it is critical to have a codec partner capable of providing encoding and decoding solutions that meet industry standards, are easy to integrate, and provide the performance necessary for professional applications.
Here’s a brief summary of the MainConcept solutions that will be available for demonstration at NAB 2010:
* Blu-ray Disc 3D/MVC SDK Technical Preview is a new extension to the H.264/AVC standard that allows a video to be encoded in multiple layers to create an exhilarating stereoscopic 3D experience. With 3D gaining in popularity with the recent success of blockbuster Hollywood movies, content creators of all sizes are seeking high-quality 3D encoding solutions for deployment on Blu-ray Disc, and now MainConcept can help meet this demand.
* MainConcept Codec SDK 8.6 is the latest versionof the Company’s award winning multi-format codec SDK that powers many of the industry’s most popular creative software applications. Quality enhancements, new performance optimizations and market leading features make this development kit a must for software developers who need to add audio and video encoding, decoding, transcoding and streaming to their applications.
* MainConcept Reference 2.0 is a professional media transcoding application based on MainConcept’s industry leading codec technology. The modular preset-based application allows users to buy only the individual codecs needed. Users can benefit from the presets to start encoding immediately or use the advanced features to make detailed optimizations in the settings.
* MainConcept Movie Export is a preset-based export plug-in for Mac OS X that can be used with QuickTime compatible applications, including Final Cut Pro, QuickTime Pro and iMovie. Installing MainConcept Reference Codecs for QuickTime allows users to continue to work within their favorite Mac OS X applications while adding the ability to encode using MainConcept’s industry leading codecs to the most popular formats including Blu-ray Disc, Flash, AVC-Intra, Sony XDCAM and Apple iPod.
* MPEG Pro HD 5 Codec Plug-Ins are full-featured encoding/decoding solutions for Adobe® Premiere® Pro CS3/CS4/CS5, designed for popular broadcast and professional formats which Premier Pro does not support natively. This new release comes with enhanced playback performance and shaves up to 20 percent off CPU utilization with supported formats. It offers seamless import of spanned AVCHD clips, as well as full-screen playback on a secondary monitor.
* MainConcept SVC SDK is an extension of the popular H.264 format and includes an encoder which encodes content at bitrates and resolutions appropriate for mobile, SD, and HD devices, and a decoder that can select the entire bit stream or only a partial bit stream for decoding and playback based on the receiver’s capability.
* MainConcept™ CUDA H.264/AVC Encoder SDK off-loads computing intensive encoding tasks from the CPU to the GPU using Nvidia’s CUDA architecture to speed up video encoding and reduce the CPU processor load. It allows transcoding from MPEG-2, VC-1, H.264/AVC elementary streams, and raw frames into the H.264/AVC Baseline and Main Profile formats.
* MainConcept™ OpenCL H.264/AVC Encoder will leverage ATI Stream technology from AMD and OpenCL™ standards to accelerate the encoding capabilities within its H.264/AVC (Advanced Video Coding) Pro Encoder codec package by taking advantage of available graphics processors (GPUs) in PCs. MainConcept will be demonstrating this encode acceleration for the first time on AMD’s latest professional graphics solution, the ATI FirePro™ V8800, at NAB.
“NAB 2010 is an exciting time for MainConcept as we have some truly exceptional new products to show this year,” said Muzaffer Beygirci, Managing Director of MainConcept GmbH. “MainConcept continues to be positioned as the premier supplier of world-class encoding/decoding solutions for the broadcast and creative production software market segments.”
“The MainConcept name and its codecs have become synonymous with quality, innovation, and cost-effectiveness in video and audio encoding and decoding,” said Dan Halvorson, Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President, Operations, DivX, Inc. “Their award winning next-generation codec technology is highly complementary to the core DivX licensing business, and we look forward to revealing their new product line at NAB.”
Please stop by the MainConcept booth at the LVCC, South Hall Upper Level, booth # SU6825, April 12-15, to learn how these and other MainConcept solutions can meet your needs. The MainConcept booth will also feature a demo of DivX TV™, a comprehensive embedded Internet TV platform that provides access to a diverse line-up of online media content that can be streamed directly to any connected device from any manufacturer.
MainConcept GmbH, a wholly owned subsidiary of DivX, Inc. (NASDAQ: DIVX), is one of the world’s premier providers of high-quality audio and video codec solutions for consumer and professional applications. Many of the world’s best consumer electronics and computer manufactures, handheld device makers, and creative software providers rely on MainConcept embedded codec solutions to deliver a superb audio and video experience to their customers, in virtually all popular consumer formats. MainConcept also provides comprehensive encoding and decoding solutions to the broadcast and professional video industry in the form of codecs for integration into creative software suites as well as complete after-market plug-in solutions for adding new video format support into popular Non-Linear Editing (NLE) software packages. MainConcept – The Codec People.