For more information visit: www.2ndScreenSummit.com
Unedited press release follows:
Microsoft to Demo SmartGlass™ at 2nd Screen Summit During CE Week in New York
Broadcast execs, CE companies and their partners meet June 27 at the Metropolitan Pavilion in NYC
CE Week 2012
NEW YORK — Microsoft’s new SmartGlass™ 2nd screen TV technology will be demonstrated and discussed for the first time on the East Coast since its E3 LA introduction at the 2nd Screen Summit, set to take place during CE Week in New York on June 27. The Summit, being produced by the 2nd Screen Society, Broadcasting & Cable, Multichannel News and TWICE, is a gathering of CE, Broadcast, Advertising and Content Holder executives discussing the latest market statistics, new tech and business models around the emerging 2nd Screen ecosystem.
Microsoft’s SmartGlass is a collection of apps and embedded technologies that allows digital content to migrate from one platform to the next, be it a phone, tablet, desktop or home theater. Adding to the technology’s potential is a vast network of content providers that Microsoft is partnering with for Xbox LIVE programming; many are already developing SmartGlass experiences.
SmartGlass will be demonstrated and discussed by Ron Pessner, Partner, Group Program Manager, Interactive Entertainment Business, Microsoft. Pessner will be joined by Alison Moore, HBO’s Senior Vice President of Digital Platforms, for the demonstration.
This is one of many highlights of a concentrated, half-day session including:
• How Big is the 2nd Screen Market? Ben Arnold, Director, Industry Analysis, The NPD Group will set the stage for the sessions offering a 2nd screen perspective on the $200 billion global TV advertising market. Later in the program, Dell presents their view on the impact the growing 2nd Screen ecosystem will have on “big data” and customer engagement.
• Sports for the 2nd Screen will be discussed by Joe Inzerillo, Senior Vice President, Multimedia and Distribution, MLB Advanced Media, and a panel including executives from Turner Sports, ESPN, Dome Productions, Buddy TV, Chyron and Elemental.
• The Evolution of Content for 2nd Screen will feature executives from Samsung, Viacom Media Networks, DG, Zeebox, T3 Media and Endemol discussing how content holders are preparing for the impact on existing creative development, production schedules and workflows. Guy Finley, Executive Director of MESA, will moderate.
• Apps Development for Multi-Screen Audiences. The proliferation of apps and software enabling 2nd Screen experiences is exploding and the industry needs to stay ahead of the curve on the technologies impacting their businesses. Chuck Parker, Chairman, 2nd Screen Society, will lead a panel of executives from Magic Ruby, TVplus, BluFocus, Digitalsmiths and KIT digital.
• Monetizing the 2nd Screen will review how a network approaches the content/programming/user experience for their audience on a 2nd screen to keep fans engaged and drive them to additional revenue opportunities. Cameron Clayton, EVP, Digital Product, The Weather Channel, and Tammy Franklin, SVP, New Media Distribution, Scripps Networks Interactive, will share the stage with executives from Wiredset/Tredrr, The Buddy Group, Flingo and Dijit.
For more information and to register for the 2nd Screen Summit, visit www.2ndScreenSummit.com.
For more information and to register for CE Week, visit www.ceweekny.com.