Unedited press release follows:
MOG’s Award-Winning Streaming Music Service Coming to LG Electronics SmartTV Enabled HDTVs and Blu-ray Players
Music Lovers Can Search, Browse and Access MOG’s Vast Collection of Artists, Albums and Songs Right from Remote of Their LG Internet-Connected Devices
BERKELEY, Calif., March 8, 2011 — MOG today announced that its award-winning streaming music service will soon be available on LG Electronics’ Internet connected devices through LG’s new SmartTV platform on HDTVs and Blu-ray Disc players. After selecting the MOG application, music lovers can search, browse and play millions of songs, on demand from the comfort of their living rooms.
“LG’s SmartTV platform brings the best of the Internet to your TV and MOG brings the best music listening experience to you wherever you are—in the car, at the computer, on your phone and now, thanks to LG SmartTV, in your living room. It’s a perfect fit,” said David Hyman, CEO of MOG.
LG customers accessing MOG on their HDTVs or Blu-ray players will enjoy the following features:
* On-demand streaming: Unlimited, ad-free listening to any artist, album, or song at any time.
* Simple search and browsing designed for the remote control: MOG developed a 10-foot user interface to provide high-quality and simple navigation of albums, artists or songs for instant playing and easy browsing of charts, editor’s picks and new releases.
* MOG radio: Only MOG offers the patent-pending “MOG Mobius” music discovery engine, which enables users to switch between true “artist only” radio or a full mix of similar artists.
* High quality audio: MOG streams music at 320kbps which provides the highest quality listening.
MOG will also be available on LG’s new “SmartTV Upgrader,” a set top box that gives any television with an HDMI input the ability to access the LG SmartTV platform.*
“Bringing MOG music streaming to LG SmartTV further enhances the broad array of connected content enjoyed by consumers,” said Jay Vandenbree, senior vice president and head of the Home Entertainment business unit, LG Electronics USA, Inc. “MOG is the perfect complement to our new 3D Blu-ray home theater system, designed to deliver a terrific home audio experience,” added Vandenbree.
MOG currently offers a 14-day FREE trial after which users can choose one of the following subscription plans:
* $9.99 per month MOG Primo: Access to MOG on consumer electronic devices such as LG SmartTV enabled HDTVs and Blu-ray players, online, or through the MOG app on iPhone and Android phones, all via a single MOG account.
* $4.99 per month MOG Basic: Access to MOG on LG SmartTV enabled HDTVs and Blu-ray players and online at mog.com.
MOG, Inc. is a next-generation music media company founded in June 2005 by David Hyman, former CEO for Gracenote. MOG’s all-you-can-eat, on-demand listening service provides access to a vast library of over 10 million songs and over one million albums through its mobile apps on iPhone and Android phones, online, and on streaming entertainment devices. MOG, Inc. is also the provider of The MOG Music Network (MMN), the premier destination for music content online and largest music focused advertising network consisting of over 1500 music sites, reaching nearly 40 million people each month.
Headquartered in Berkeley, Calif., MOG, Inc. investors include Menlo Ventures, Balderton Capital, Simon Equity Partners, Universal Music Group and Sony Music. Grammy-winning record producer, Rick Rubin, named by Time Magazine as one of the “100 Most Influential People in the world,” is a member of MOG’s Board of Directors.
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. In the United States, LG Electronics sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions, all under LG’s “Life’s Good” marketing theme. For more information, please visit www.lg.com.
*Internet connection and subscriptions required and sold separately.