For more information visit: www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com
Unedited press release follows:
Sony Entertainment Network Launches Music Unlimited Service In Brazil
Sony’s Cloud-Based Digital Music Service Now Available in 19 Countries Worldwide
FOSTER CITY, Calif., May 15, 2013 — Sony Network Entertainment International today announced that Music Unlimited, the company’s cloud-based digital music subscription service, is now live in Brazil.
Available in 19 countries across the world, the Music Unlimited service offers on-demand access to an ever-expanding global catalog of over 20 million licensed tracks1 from all major and many leading independent labels across an array of devices including PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, PlayStation®Vita portable entertainment systems, Android™ smartphones and tablets, iPhone®, PCs, and many more.
“For about the price of an album per month, our Brazilian customers can now instantly access tens of millions of songs on their mobile devices like Xperia smartphones and home entertainment hardware like PS3,” said Michael Aragon , Vice President and General Manager of Global Digital Video and Music Services at Sony Network Entertainment International. “The Music Unlimited service delivers a completely new way to experience music by encouraging discovery and making sure that you always have access to your music whether you’re online or offline.”
Through the Premium (R$14,90)2 3 and Access (R$7,90) 4 monthly subscription plans, the Music Unlimited service allows customers to enjoy a unified digital music experience across multiple devices in the home and on the go. Whether customers enjoy music from their personal playlists, channels based on their favorite artists, or pre-programmed channels based on era or genre, the Music Unlimited service follows them to any destination without the hassle of syncing or signing into multiple accounts.
The Music Unlimited Service Features:
• The Music Unlimited service is a cloud-based streaming service with no digital files, so there is no need to sync a device. Customers can access the library of licensed music anywhere, anytime on any PC (Windows or Mac OS), any Android mobile device including Sony Xperia™ smartphones and tablets, Apple’s iPhone and iPod® touch, PlayStation 3 (PS3™) computer entertainment systems, PlayStation Vita (PS Vita) portable entertainment systems, Sony BRAVIA® HDTVs, Blu-ray Disc™ devices, and Sony Walkman®.
• With an always-growing global library of over 20 million licensed tracks including all of the major labels and many independent and local labels, the Music Unlimited service gives access to the latest hits, local favorites, and timeless classics.
• Designed for easy management and discovery, the Music Unlimited service features pre-selected music channels, the ability to build personal playlists, and add playlists based on their favorite artist across all compatible devices.
• The Music Unlimited service is always available even if a network isn’t5. With the offline playback feature for Android devices and PS Vita, customers can listen to select songs added to offline playlists when not online, ensuring that they’re never caught without their favorite music.
• Customers can rest assured that their listening enjoyment will never be interrupted by advertisements or the inability to skip unwanted songs.
With the addition of Brazil, the Music Unlimited service is now available in 19 countries including (in order of launch): United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United States, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Canada, Belgium, Netherlands, Japan, and Mexico.
Working with Omnifone to license music with rights holders in Brazil and across the world, the Music Unlimited service delivers instant access to local and global hits as well as a deep catalog of tracks including classics, one hit wonders, and just about everything else.
About the Music Unlimited service
The Music Unlimited service is a cloud-based digital music service that hosts a global catalog of over 20 million licensed songs including all major US labels, leading independent labels, and major publishers worldwide. Originally launched in December 2010, the Music Unlimited service is available on a wide range of Sony and non-Sony connected devices. With its breadth of available devices and regional reach, along with the depth of its music catalog, the Music Unlimited service is the ultimate music subscription service for users who want to play their music whenever and wherever. For more information, please visit: http://sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/music-unlimited.
About Sony Entertainment Network
Sony Entertainment Network is the ultimate destination for digital music, movies, games and more. All through the convenience of a single account, Sony Entertainment Network is a global comprehensive network platform that unifies Sony’s digital entertainment experience across a growing ecosystem of Sony and non-Sony devices. Additional information about Sony Entertainment Network can be found by visiting: blog.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com, www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com, www.facebook.com/sonyentertainment, and www.twitter.com/sonyentnet.
1 Number of tracks available from catalog varies by country and may be less.
2 An international credit card is required to transact on the store. Transactions made using an international credit card will be processed as international transactions. Each time the PSN/SEN wallet is funded with a credit card, the user’s bank may impose additional fees that could include currency exchange fluctuation, tax on foreign exchange transaction, and/or value added tax. By transacting on the store, users acknowledge that they understand and accept that the bank may charge them more per transaction than the amount added to their wallet.
3 Premium subscription is USD$9.99 (US customers), USD $8.99 (Mexican customers), CAD$9.99, £9.99, €9.99, DKK89.00, NOK 89.00, SEK 89.00, AU$12.99, NZ$13.99, and JPY 980 per month.
4 Access subscription is USD$4.99 (US customers), USD $4.49(Mexican customers), CAD$4.99, £4.99, €4.99, DKK 49.00, NOK 49.00, SEK 49.00, AU$7.99, and NZ$8.49 per month (Access subscription tier is not available in Japan).
5 Select devices only.