For more information visit: www.necdisplay.com
Unedited press release follows:
NEC Display Solutions Announces the Availability of the 4K Resolution Digital Cinema Projectors
Experience the NC3240S at CinemaCon 2011, Booth No. 207A in Las Vegas
CHICAGO–NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today that its NC3240S (7kW and 4kW versions) 4K DLP Digital Cinema Projectors are shipping to customers. The NC3240S was first shown to the public in October 2010 at ShowEast as a pre-production model.
The NC3240S will be on display in NEC Display Solutions Booth No. 207A at CinemaCon 2011 at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas on March 28-31.
Equipped with the 1.38-inch 4K DLP Cinema® Chip from Texas Instruments®, the NC3240S (7kW and 4kW) is fully Digital Cinema Initiative (DCI) Compliant. The 7kW version single-lens projector provides sufficient brightness to satisfy the NATO and DCI luminance standards for screen sizes up to 105-feet wide. These projectors offer users a modular design, which combined with lined wiring and a simple layout of electronics, creates exceptional ease of maintenance. Moreover, on the very infrequent occasions that the light engine needs to be replaced, it can be done in just five minutes.
“We are delighted to be launching these projectors as we approach the summer season with the wave of new 3D movie releases,” said Jim Reisteter, General Manager for Digital Cinema Projectors at NEC Display Solutions. “With both increased resolution and brightness, patrons will enjoy advanced imagery that is especially noticeable on very large screens. Our engineering team has excelled in furthering the use of premier components and manufacturing processes to guarantee the reliability that is renowned in NEC products.”
The NC3240S offers the following features:
* Newly designed cooling system, which creates positive air pressure internally to prevent contaminates from entering the main chassis
* 4kW and 7kW power supply options for extended screen sizes
* Custom DMD shielding, which protects the projector from dust and oil, thereby providing optimal picture quality
* One-Touch Operation and Memory Functions, which store eight projector configurations such as lens shift position, zoom and focus, and lamp power settings
* Auto Lamp Brightness Control, which continuously monitors the lamp’s brightness and maintains a consistent level by adjusting the lamp power as it ages
* Trouble-Free Lamp Replacement, which allows maintenance personnel to replace lamps from the back of the projector
* Intuitive keypad
* 3D capabilities with special 3D control connector and optional automatic turret to mount polarizers in front of the lens
* Optional 2K/4K Integrated Media Block (IMB) and Local Storage Server, making NEC the only manufacturer in the market to offer a DLP cinema projector/server solution developed completely in-house. The IMB’s internal design allows for content management, screen management and higher security
* Fully adaptable design for incorporating alternative manufacturers’ IMBs
NEC Display Solutions has partnered with NEC Financial Services to bring customers the NEC Digital Deployment Financing Program, which enables theater owners to enter the digital age with the most ideal technology and a financing plan to fit their needs. For a limited time, customers using the program can take advantage of reduced monthly payments for the first 2 years. For more information about the program and this promotion, visit http://necdisplay.com/godigital.
For more information on NEC’s Digital Cinema Projectors, visit http://necdisplay.com/category/digital-cinema-projectors.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage.