For more information visit: www.nero.com
Unedited press release follows:
Nero is prepping up for the next-gen gaming consoles Xbox One and PlayStation 4: Updates to Nero 2014 make video conversion for the latest consoles and even more devices, such as the iPhone 5S/C, iPad Air or Kindle Fire HDX, easier than ever.
Karlsbad, Germany. February 04, 2014 – Nero today announces the availability of an update package for Nero 2014 that adds video conversion tailored for 10+ brand-new consoles, smartphones, and tablets as well as many other improvements and fixes. The update roundup is available free of charge for everyone using Nero 2014 products.
Nero 2014, The Next-gen multimedia suite for the next-gen gaming consoles: PS4 and Xbox One-ready
Our December update helps you prepare your media library today: This latest update to Nero Recode – our multi-format converter – and Nero MediaHome – our multimedia management and streaming tool – helps you convert virtually any multimedia file into a PS4/Xbox One compatible format or stream directly to the console via DLNA*. “With gaming consoles pushing hard to be the center of the living room, we’re preparing early adopters who are looking into ways to stream or play TV shows, movies, music and pictures from PCs to the PS4 or Xbox One.” Says Oliver Schneider, Vice President Suite Business at Nero. “But we didn’t stop there: Basically all the hot gadgets you found under the Christmas tree are now supported”. To help gamers and enthusiasts alike, Nero now includes tailored video conversion profiles to get the best resolution, compatible formats and best audio for:
- Smartphones: iPhone 5C/S, Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy Note 2/3
- Tablets: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, Kindle Fire HDX, iPad Air, iPad Mini with Retina Display
All your content can be converted to play back on your gaming console, smartphone or tablet or streamed. This update makes it easier to squeeze down content more suitable for new devices to save space and get the best possible picture and audio quality – on the go or in your living room!
Note: While the Xbox One includes DLNA video capabilities from the get-go, PS4 users will have to wait for now until both USB and DLNA playback of video files is supported. In any case, Nero users will be ready for when the day comes.
Update roundup across the Nero 2014 suite
The Nero 2014s suite of content editing, conversion, management, play back and burning products has also received improvements across the board:
- Nero Recode: Besides supporting multiple next-gen devices, Recode features the latest in hardware accelerated encoding technologies (Intel® Quick Sync Video, NVIDIA CUDA, ATI/AMD Stream).
- Nero MediaHome: Offers optimized and easier-to-use streaming, browsing and playback of your content (pictures, videos, music).
- Nero Video: Improved usability and better support for capture cards make this go-to-solution for video pros even better to use than before. On top of that, Nero Video’s cutting-edge 4K-Support helps you prepare for upcoming 4K video recordings and playback devices.
The update also includes several minor bug fixes and enhancements for Nero BurningROM and the Nero Blu-ray Player.
Nero creates software that helps consumers around the world to simply enjoy their videos, photos and music. Nero produces a widely used multimedia software, which contains powerful applications for media management, video playback, video editing, video converting, content syncing and disc burning. Nero BackItUp offers an innovative and easy-to-use concept for backup on PCs and mobile devices. Nero has offices in Glendale, Calif., USA; Karlsbad, Germany; Yokohama, Japan; and Hangzhou, China.