For more information visit: www.nerokwikmedia.com
Unedited press release follows:
Nero Unveils Free Nero Kwik Media Personal Media Management & Digital Lifestyle Software
One simple application lets consumers unlock full potential of computers and mobile devices to play, manage, sync and share videos, music and photos
Karlsbad, Germany (April 19, 2011) — Nero, creator of liquid media technology, today announced the launch of Nero Kwik Media, a free media management application that makes it quick and easy for you to find, organize, edit, play and share music, photos and video clips between a computer, tablets, mobile phones and online social networks. Nero Kwik Media was specifically designed for consumers who want to manage their music, photo and video libraries intuitively, automatically create slideshows, and even watch commercial movies, including Blu-ray Discs, using a single software application.
Nero Kwik Media grows with your needs: an integrated app store – a Windows-PC first – provides consumers with one-stop app management, purchasing convenience, and a broad array of task-specific apps for specific use cases, such as free theme packs for slideshows or name tagging in photos. Nero Kwik Media supports the digital lifestyles of Windows users who want to stay on top of their media files by working across Android and Apple devices and social network sites such as Facebook and YouTube.
“Today, consumers are either locked into a closed ecosystem or find it increasingly difficult to organize, share and ultimately enjoy their digital media across the growing array of competitive mobile device operating systems and social media platforms,” said Jürgen Kurz, CEO of Nero AG. “With the free and extensible Nero Kwik Media platform, consumers will be able to easily organize and share their personal content anytime, anywhere and on any device.”
Nero Kwik Media will allow consumers to manage and use their digital content in four key areas:
• Music – iTunes and Windows Media Player playlists can be viewed and played through Nero Kwik Media. In addition, the Nero Kwik Move It app allows individual music files stored on different devices to be easily synced between
• a PC, smartphones and tablets running Android or other mobile operating systems. Through this capability, Nero has resolved the challenge of importing their iTunes library onto Android devices.
• Photos – Users can edit, crop and remove red eye from photos, create slideshows and instantly share them with friends via social media sites such as Facebook, YouTube and Flickr. The Nero Kwik Faces app uses powerful face recognition technology to automatically tag individual people or entire groups, allowing for easy indexing and searching of personal photo libraries.
• Videos – Nero Kwik Media allows home videos to be quickly edited, burned onto DVDs or simply shared via email or social media sites. The Nero Kwik Move It app optimizes videos on the fly for different mobile devices. For the same low price as a Blu-ray movie, the Nero Kwik Blu-ray app allows users to play Blu-ray Discs on their equipped PCs, making Nero Kwik Media the most affordable Blu-ray player on the market.
• Data – The Nero Kwik Burn app offers easy access to Nero’s powerful CD, DVD and Blu-ray Disc burning capabilities, allowing users to burn any kind of personal data to optical discs.
“The promise of mobile devices is that we can all carry and consume our work and/or personal content anytime, anywhere on any device,” said Jack Gold, President of J. Gold Associates. “We expect individuals to alternately utilize three or four different mobile devices on a regular basis. The key challenge for most users is to provide a fast, convenient and transparent way to transform and synchronize content between these devices. Products like Nero Kwik Media go a long way towards enabling this and making portable devices even more appealing.”
Nero Kwik Media is immediately available as a free stand-alone platform. It will also be bundled together with Nero Multimedia Suite 10 and be made available as a free update for current Nero Multimedia Suite 10 users. The Nero Kwik Media app store will also be immediately available to Nero Kwik Media users, offering a variety of very affordable multimedia apps ranging in price from free to $29.99.
For further information about the Nero Kwik Media platform and to download the product for free, visit www.nerokwikmedia.com or Nero Kwik Media on Facebook (www.facebook.com/nerosoftware).
Nero, the creator of liquid media technology, enables liquid content creation and distribution anytime, anywhere, and on any device. The company provides consumers with the freedom to simply enjoy their music, photos, and videos, regardless of hardware or file format, by taking a unique platform neutral, standards-based approach to solution development. More than 300 million units of Nero’s trusted software solutions are used in the home, on the go, and professionally. Nero also provides strategic partners with cutting-edge applications, codecs, tools, software development kits, and programming interfaces for use with a variety of the latest platforms and devices. Products are available globally through hardware manufacturers, international partners, retailers, and directly through the Nero Online Shop at www.nero.com .