Silicon Philosophies announced that it has introduced its new professional “Nymphe” Blu-ray production solution, which pairs CINEMA CRAFT’s AVC/H.264 HD encoder (CC-HDe) with Facilis Technology’s Terrablock storage system.
According to the statement, CC-HDe is optimized to efficiently utilize the processing power and multi-threading capabilities of Intel’s Nehalem processors, while Terrablock’s SAN software and proprietary techniques maximize disk I/O throughput and performance, enabling encoding speeds twice as fast as with earlier processors.
• Simple, intuitive and easy to use
• Capture uncompressed HD SDI, scale from SD or cross-convert between frame sizes as needed
• Multiple projects utilizing 20TB of manageable storage (SAN), expandable in increments up to 36TB each
• See the results beforehand and make adjustments prior to executing long encoding runs
• Faster than realtime speeds allow completion of projects on or ahead of schedule
• Achieve pristine picture quality results on the first attempt
• Perform verification, fine-tuning, file replacement or re-encode if required
• Sony and Eclipse verified streams import seamlessly into Scenarist, BluPrint, DoStudio, Sirius Blu, and other BD/BD-J software
Nymphe is available throughout Europe and Scandinavia. Pricing was not announced.
For more information visit: www.cc-hde.com