For more information visit: www.panasonic.com
Unedited press release follows:
Designed To Meet Professional Needs for Both Still and Video Capture
NEWARK, N.J., March 10, 2014 — Panasonic, a leader in Digital Single Lens Mirrorless (DSLM) technology, announced today pricing and availability of its much-anticipated LUMIX GH4. The GH4, the world’s first DSLM with 4K cinematic recording capability designed for both still photographers and cinematographers will be available at retail locations at the beginning of May.
The LUMIX GH4 camera body (DMC-GH4K) will be available at $1699.99 and the Video Adapter for cinematography (DMW-YAGH) will be $1999.99 at shop.panasonic.com and other photo specialty retailers.
The GH4 advanced features include:
• A newly developed 16.05-Megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine achieving high speed, high sensitivity image recording
• High speed response required for professionals and practical auto focus options
• Stunning mobility supported by mechanical advancements
• Expandability for a variety of workflows
• Easy wireless connectivity via Wi-Fi® / NFC with smartphones
• Other features including Luminance Level Adjustment, Focus Peaking, Silent Mode, Highlight/Shadow Control and RAW data development in camera.
The current GH3 model will continue to be available after the introduction of the GH4.
To learn more about Panasonic’s line of LUMIX Digital Cameras and other consumer electronic products please visit http://shop.panasonic.com/.
About Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company
Based in Newark, N.J., Panasonic Consumer Electronics, a Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American Subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic’s U.S. marketing, sales, service and R&D operations, offers a wide-range of consumer solutions in the U.S. The Company’s portfolio of innovative consumer products ranges from VIERA Full HD 3D Televisions, Blu-ray Disc players, LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Home Audio, Cordless Phones, Home Appliances, Wellness, Personal Care and Beauty products.