For more information visit: www.panasonic.ca
Unedited press release follows:
Panasonic’s 2011 product line-up gets connected
March 22, 2011 — MISSISSAUGA, ON – Panasonic Canada Inc. today revealed the latest trends and technology for the year ahead with its innovative television, home theatre, Blu-ray, and digital imaging line-up. Tech enthusiasts, movie buffs, audiophiles, photographers and families alike will be impressed with the new and improved features and interconnectivity of Panasonic’s 2011 products.
Straight from the show floor of Panasonic’s the 2011 Dealer Show, please find below a snapshot of products to keep on the radar this year.
PANASONIC VIERA® HIGH DEFINITION TELEVISIONS
Panasonic’s 2011 VIERA line-up features Full HD 3D plasma and LED-LCD televisions, IPTV connectivity on all models, dramatically improved picture performance, and efficient operation. In addition, Panasonic has expanded its proprietary IPTV functionality with the introduction of VIERA Connect™1 on select models.
This new interactive and inter-connected cloud-based Internet enabled service allows consumers to personalize their IPTV experience with additional applications from third-party developers as they become available. Plus, VIERA Cast’s popular sites, including You Tube™, Twitter, Bloomberg News, a weather channel and Skype™2, continue on VIERA Connect in addition to other exciting features and apps including CinemaNow3, Facebook, SHOUTcast, MLB.TV, and online games4.
Panasonic VIERA Full HD 3D Plasma TVs
All 2011 Full HD 3D NeoPlasma televisions include the following features:
* 600 Hz Sub-field drive for excellent motion, excellent contrast ratios with Infinite Black Pro 2 (VT30) and Infinite Black Pro (GT30 and ST30)
* Newly developed fast-switching phosphor that when combined with active shutter technology, reduces crosstalk and delivers the best possible picture quality
* VIERA Connect with Skype video calling2
* 3D VIERA Image Viewer™ to view 2D and 3D digital still images, and 2D & 3D HD video recorded on an SD Memory Card
* VIERA Link™
* 24p Cinema Smoother playback
Additional features of the Panasonic VIERA Full HD 3D VT30 series:
* Two models: the TC-P65VT30 (65-inch) and TC-P55VT30 (55-inch) feature one sheet glass design, giving the TVs a sleek, new look
* THX 3D Display Certification for optimum picture quality in both 2D and 3D
* USB connectivity with the included wireless LAN adaptor; a PC input and three USB Ports; four HDMI connections; DLNA certified; RS232C connection, and ISFccc capability
* One pair of Full HD 3D eyewear is included
Additional features of the Panasonic VIERA Full HD 3D GT30 series:
* Four models: TC-P65GT30 (65-inch); TC-P60GT30 (60-inch); TC-P55GT30 (55-inch) and TC-P50GT30 (50-inch)
* New “Flush” design, giving the TVs an elegant, sleek appearance
* THX 3D Display Certification
* In terms of connectivity, the GT30 series is Wi-Fi ready with included wireless LAN adaptor (through USB port); DLNA certified; PC input; four HDMI connections, and three USB ports
Additional features of the Panasonic VIERA Full HD 3D ST30 series:
* Six models: TC-P65ST30 (65-inch); TC-P60ST30 (60-inch); TC-P55ST30 ( 55-inch); TC-P50ST30, (50-inch); TC-P46ST30, (46-inch) and TC-P42ST30, (42-inch)
* In terms of connectivity, the ST30 series is Wi-Fi Ready with included wireless LAN adaptor; (through USB port); DLNA certified; three HDMI connections, and two USB ports
Additional features of the Panasonic VIERA Plasma HDTV
All 2011 VIERA plasma HDTVs include the following features:
* A 600 Hz Sub-field drive
* Wi-Fi ready via a USB port
* Easy IPTV
* VIERA Image Viewer and VIERA Link
* Two USB ports
And finally, the VIERA S30 series includes four Full HD 1080p resolution models ranging from 42 to 60-inches and includes three HDMI inputs. And the VIERA X3 series includes four models ranging from 42-inches to 50-inches and includes two HDMI inputs.
Panasonic VIERA Full HD LED-LCD TV
Panasonic’s LED-LCD line-up now features eight models including two Full HD 3D sets. All new LED-LCD televisions offer the IPS Alpha panel (except the 42-inch E3 model), recognized internationally for its fast response time and energy efficiency, providing wider viewing angles and high light transmission rates.
Additional features of the Panasonic VIERA DT30 series:
* Two Full HD 3D models: TC-L37DT30 (37-inch) and TC-L32DT30 (32-inch)
* New “Flush” design, giving the TVs an elegant, sleek appearance
* 240 Hz Motion Picture Pro 5 for reduced crosstalk; 24p 3D Smooth Film playback and Clear Panel to enhance contrast and reduce ambient light reflections
* In terms of connectivity, the DT30 series is Wi-Fi ready with included wireless LAN adaptor (through USB port) and features ISFccc capability over Ethernet; DLNA certified; PC input; four HDMI connections and three USB ports
* VIERA Connect with Skype video calling2
* 3D VIERA Image Viewer
* VIERA Link
The Panasonic VIERA TC-L42D30 is a 42-inch HDTV featuring 120 Hz Motion Picture Pro 4 for fast motion response speeds; 24p Smooth Film playback; Clear Panel; ISFccc capability over Ethernet; VIERA Connect; Wi-Fi ready via USB port; Skype video calling2; VIERA Image Viewer; DLNA certified; VIERA Link, PC input; four HDMI connections and three USB ports. The D30 also features the new “Flush” design.
The 42-inch VIERA TC-L42E30 offers 120Hz Motion Picture Pro 4 for fast motion response speeds. It also includes 24p Smooth Film playback; Clear Panel; Easy IPTV; Wi-Fi ready via USB port; DLNA; VIERA Image Viewer; four HDMI inputs; two USB ports; PC input and VIERA Link.
Additional features of the Panasonic VIERA E3 series:
* Three models: TC-L42E3 (42-inch IPS LED-LCD); TC-L37E3 (37-inch) and the TC-L32E3 (32-inch) with IPS Alpha panel
* Fine Black panel; Easy IPTV, VIERA Image Viewer and VIERA Link
* In terms of connectivity, the E3 series is Wi-Fi ready via USB port; and features DLNA; four HDMI inputs, two USB ports and a PC input
The Panasonic VIERA TC-L19C30 is a new 19-inch LED-LCD screen size with IPS Alpha panel; 720p resolution with one HDMI connection; PC input; Fine Black Panel; Game Mode; VIERA Image Viewer for viewing photos and VIERA Link.
Panasonic VIERA LCD HDTV
The VIERA TC-L42U30 (42-inch) LCD HDTV features an IPS Panel; 1080p resolution; 120Hz with Motion Picture Pro 4; Fine Black panel; Game Mode; three HDMI connectors; PC Input; VIERA Link and VIERA Image Viewer (photo only).
The Panasonic VIERA U3 series features:
* Two models: TC-L37U3 (37-inch) and TC-L32U3 (32-inch)
* Include IPS Alpha panel and 1080p Full HD resolution with Fine Black panel
* Three HDMI connectors and a PC Input
* Game Mode
* VIERA Image Viewer (photo only) and VIERA Link
The Panasonic VIERA TC-L32X30 (32-inch) LCD HDTV features an IPS Alpha Panel and an iPod®/iPhone® Entertainment kit, allowing the user to connect their device directly to the TV. Easy IPTV; DLNA certified; Fine Black Panel; VIERA Link; three HDMI connectors; USB port; PC Input; Wi-Fi ready via USB port; VIERA Image Viewer (photo and video) and VIERA Link round out its other features.
The Panasonic VIERA TC-L32C3 (32-inch) HDTV features an IPS Alpha Panel in addition to two HDMI connectors; a PC Input; VIERA Image Viewer (photo only); Fine Black Panel; Game Mode and VIERA Link. And the Panasonic VIERA TC-L24C3 (24-inch) HDTV features Fine Black panel, VIERA Link and VIERA Image viewer (photo only). It also includes one HDMI connector; PC input and Game Mode.
HIGH DEFINITION CAMCORDERS
Panasonic’s HDC-SD40, HDC-HS80, HDC-SD80, HDC-TM90, HDC-SD90, HDC-TM900, HDC-HS900, HDC-SD800, HM-TA2 and HM-TA20 will arrive in Canadian stores this year and will offer the following features:
* Crystal Engine PRO5, which produces clear, crisp motion images and can record to SDXC/SDHC/SD Memory Cards, 1920 x 1080 resolution and wide-angle lenses
* They also feature advanced touch-screen operation6 that allows for extremely smooth shooting and playback
* The HDC-SD90, HDC-TM90, HDC-TM900, HDC-HS900 and HDC-SD800 can shoot Full HD video with 1080/60p recording and capture 3D video with the Panasonic 3D Conversion lens
* The 3 MOS HDC-TM900, HDC-HS900 and HDC-SD800 feature a large diameter (46mm) F1.5 Leica Dicomar Lens with 35mm wide-angle7 capability that produces bright and clear high-resolution images
* The 1 MOS HDC-TM90 and HDC-SD90 feature a compact body and a versatile 28mm7 wide-angle lens to record everything from tight spaces to wide landscapes
* The SD80 and HS80 models include a 33.7mm7 wide-angle lens for versatile shooting at a variety of distances
* The HDC-TM90 and HDC-SD90 feature ultra-telephoto 40x Intelligent Zoom, while the HDC-SD80 and HDC-HS80 offer exceptional zooming power with ultra-telephoto 42x Intelligent Zoom
* The ultra-compact and energy efficient HDC-SD40 weighs about 0.39lb, making it stylish and portable
* The HDC-TM90 has 16GB8 of internal memory and the HC-TM900 has 32GB8. The HDC-HS80 has a 120GB8 hard disk drive and the HDC-HS900 has a 220GB8 hard disk drive for additional memory storage
PANASONIC BLU-RAY DISCTM PRODUCTS
Panasonic’s expanded Blu-ray DiscTM player line-up includes three Full HD 3D models – the DMP-BDT310, DMP-BDT210, DMP-BDT110 – and a new 2D model, the DMP-BD75.
* The three 3D models feature 2D-3D Conversion, which converts 2D images from DVDs and Blu-ray discs into 3D with natural depth perception
* 3D Effect Controller allows users to control 3D image effects and adjust the amount of depth
* Skype™9 and Netflix™ have been added to VIERA CAST™ along with YouTube™, Twitter, Bloomberg News, and a weather channel
* New UniPhier chip lowers power consumption10, and increases vertical colour reference process to express fine details and nuances in movie scenes
* HDMI Pure Audio improves sound quality, delivering pure and robust bass sound reproduction with minimal noise
* The BDT310 and BDT210 feature a built-in Wi-Fi System, while the BDT110 requires an optional wireless adaptor for local area network connections
3D Blu-ray Home Theatre Systems:
Panasonic continues to lead in Full HD 3D technology with the launch of its new Full HD 3D Blu-ray Disc™ home theatre systems.
* All three models are equipped with 3D Effect Controller, Full HD 3D Playback, Cinema Surround Plus, Audio Return Channel (ARC9), and an internal wireless LAN system
* For added connectivity, all models also come with a built-in WiFi, and a Universal Dock for iPod®/iPhone®11
* The SC-BTT770 and SC-BTT370 feature VIERA CAST™ with Skype™9 for users to connect with friends and family, and a down-firing subwoofer for a powerful bass effect. In addition, VIERA CAST has been further enhanced with Netflix, allowing viewers to stream movies.
* The sleek, ultra slim main component measures only a mere 1.5 inches high. The easy to install systems are designed to match a flat panel display, and with the rear wireless speakers12, there is no need for unsightly wires
Panasonic Slim Sound Bar Style Speaker System:
The SC-HTB520, a slim sound bar style speaker system that mounts on a wall next to the television, offers an easy to install, stylish sound system alternative.
* Supports HDMI output for 3D image signals and Audio Return Channel for 3D capability
* Clear-Mode Dialog feature delivers crisp, clear voice dialog
* Virtual surround technology reproduces surround sounds from the front speakers and Down Firing Subwoofer produces deep bass
CLASS 10 GOLD SD CARDS
Panasonic’s five new Class 10 Gold SD cards (4GB7, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB) with upgraded speed performance are the perfect complement to Panasonic’s award-winning series of LUMIX digital cameras, which were announced earlier this year. All Class 10 Gold SD cards will be available in April, with the exception of the 4 GB card, which will launch in June.
* The new Class 10 UHS-I Gold cards have a maximum read speed of 90MB/s13 and transfer data about four times14 faster than the current series
* The Intelligent Controller provides Power Failure Protection to protect data from sudden power failure, Refresh Function to extend the archival life over 10 times, and Smart Data Writing to minimize defect risk caused by intensive writing
* “Proof 5” durability (water-, shock-, magnet-, X-ray-, temperature-proof) allows cards to withstand severe handling conditions
1. Some 2011 VIERA Connect applications will only be compatible with 2011 VIERA Connect-enabled Panasonic VIERA HDTVs due to specific technology requirements required to activate certain applications.
2. Skype video calling requires access to a broadband Internet connection as well as a Skype-compatible camera available from Panasonic, sold separately, to make video calls.
3. Movies will be available later this year. The service launch schedule may differ depending on the region.
4. Available to subscribers of the individual sites.
5. Crystal Engine Pro available on HDC-SD40, TM-A2 and TM-A20.
6. Touch-screen operation not available on HDC-SD40.
7. 35mm camera equivalent.
8. GB = 1,073,741,824 bytes. Usable capacity will be less.
9. An ARC compatible TV is required.
10. In comparison with similar Panasonic models from 2010.
11. “Made for iPod” and “Made for iPhone” mean that an electronic accessory has been designed to connect specifically to iPod or iPhone respectively, and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. Apple is not responsible for the operation of this device or its compliance with safety and regulatory standards. Please note that the use of this accessory with iPod or iPhone may affect wireless performance. iPhone, iPod, iPod classic, iPod nano and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
12. Wireless rear speakers standard on SC-BTT770; optional on SC-BTT370. Not available for SC-BTT270.
13. Under UHS-I bus interface (SDR104 speed mode).
14. Theoretical figure. Actual speed depends on devices and conditions.
All prices are in Canadian dollars.
Panasonic, Lumix and Viera are registered trademarks of Panasonic Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Panasonic products are marketed in Canada by Panasonic Canada Inc. (PCI). PCI is a subsidiary of Panasonic North America, one of the world’s largest producers of electronic and electric products for consumer, business, and industrial use. Consumers seeking more information on the company’s products can call Panasonic’s Customer Care Centre at 1-800-561-5505 or access Panasonic’s home page at www.panasonic.ca.