For more information visit: www.pegasys-inc.com
Unedited press release follows:
Pegasys Inc. Announces TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 5 – the De Facto Standard in Video Cutting Tools with Support for H.265/HEVC Smart Rendering
The Successor to TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 Is Completely Rebuilt With H.265/HEVC Smart Rendering Plus More New Features.
Tokyo, Japan – April 25, 2016 – Pegasys Inc., the company that takes video to the next level, announces the upcoming release of the English version of TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 5, the successor to TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4, on May 9th, 2016. In addition to MPEG-1/2 and H.264/AVC smart rendering, the new software supports smart rendering of H.265/HEVC – a new format in the 4K and 8K resolution generation, and also features newly added powerful functions.
TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 5 is a high-speed video cutting tool focusing on MPEG video file formats. The product is designed to cut videos with great speed and detail, and it also incorporates the “Smart Rendering” function for super-fast output with practically no loss in quality.
“In developing this new version, we are not only aiming to expand the smart rendering range, we are also focusing on a ‘back to basics’ concept, that is, the most desirable tool for cutting video must be really fast and smooth” commented Yoshimichi Hori, Pegasys President.
New features include 10-bit 4:4:4 H.264/AVC input and output support, XVAC S output support, MXF container import support, ISO File Direct Import support, and more newly added and improved functions. One of these new features, the Production Tool, was developed for advanced preparation for editing, and allows users to perform the Commercial Candidate Detector and Indexing for Seeking functions automatically through the folder monitoring function. The software also includes a Blu-ray BDAV authoring function, allowing for more output options in addition to the amazing high speed and high quality cut editing.
Main New Features:
• Native Support for 64-bit Architecture.
• H.265/HEVC Smart Rendering Support.
• MXF Import Support.
• ISO File Direct Import and Editing Support.
• 10-bit 4:4:4 H.264/AVC Input and Output Support.
• XAVC S Output Support.
• Post-processing of Title/Multi Streams Analyzing Support.
• Improved Editing Functions and Interface.
• Quick Properties and File History Functions.
• Sharing Clip Support Between Applications.
• Newly Improved Precise and High Speed Cut Editing Interface.
• Faster, Enhanced Dragging Seeking, Plus Index for Seeking Function.
• Real-time Clip Registering Function.
• Quick Cut Function – Instantly Cut When Setting the Cut Range.
• Current Frame Information Display Function.
• Player Controller Undocking Support.
• Keyframe List Preset Support.
• CUDA(TM) and Intel(R) Media SDK (QSV) H.265/HEVC Hardware Decoding Support.
• AMD Media SDK H.264/AVC Hardware Decoding Support.
• Multiple Title Addition Support.
• Production Tool – Automatically Assists with Advanced Editing Preparation.
For more information, visit the TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 5 webpage: http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tmsr5.html
About PEGASYS Inc.
PEGASYS Inc. takes video to the next level. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, PEGASYS was established in November 2001 with the release of TMPGEnc Plus — probably the world’s most popular MPEG-1/2 video encoding software and at the time, was the only freeware video encoder. The company’s two flagship products, the TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 6 video encoder and TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5, anchor a strong line of retail and OEM digital video editing and encoding products for home and professional users.
The recognized leaders in developing quality video encoding tools for MPEG applications, PEGASYS Inc.’s encoding technology is also incorporated into numerous commercial and professional video editing and DVD-creation software products. For information about PEGASYS Inc. and its products, visit www.pegasys-inc.com.