For more information visit: www.philips.com
Unedited press release follows:
Barcelona, Spain – Philips introduces the new 7000 series Smart LED TV, designed to add an extra dimension to the cinematic viewing experience at home. Housed in a slim contemporary design with authentic materials, it features the latest in smart connectivity technology, Philips Smart TV, as well as Easy 3D. The new 7000 series is set to energize the home cinema experience.
Staying connected with Smart TV
With one of the most comprehensive smart TV packages available, this year’s 7000 series is a superconnected media portal that hooks you up with online content: stream music, photos and videos from your tablet, smart phone or laptop; and store programs and movies on your hard drive on demand. Built on the four pillars of SimplyShare, Control, Net TV and Program, Philips’ Smart TV provides easy access to a rich gallery of online apps. These connect you to virtual movie rental stores for instant movie-nights, enable you to share, let you control your TV using your smart phone or tablet, and help you manage your content as you see fit.
The new 7000 series from Philips is making the 3D home cinema experience widely available to consumers with Easy 3D. The 7000 series offers a comfortable 3D viewing experience with sharp images and low crosstalk. Using lightweight passive 3D glasses in combination with the 7000 series’ advanced 3D polarized screen, Easy 3D brings 3D realism into the home for the whole family to enjoy, and at an attractive price.
2D to 3D
This year, Philips is introducing real-time 2D to 3D conversion across its range of 3D TVs. This means that your entire movie collection – even old black-and-white classics – can seamlessly jump from the screen. Philips uses sophisticated software to deliver the highest quality conversion available. It ensures that subtitles are shown at a constant depth and that there are no errors such as parts of the background appearing in the foreground. 3D depth adjustment controls also enable you to customize the level of your 3D experience, so you can choose the image depth that suits the on-screen content or your personal preference.
The 7000 series offers an excellent cinematic viewing experience at an attractive price, featuring all the powerful picture performance innovations you would expect from a Philips TV including Full HD LED, 100Hz and Philips’ powerful Pixel Precise HD picture processing engine to produce brilliant, sharp and smooth pictures. Complemented with two-sided Ambilight Spectra 2, 7000 LED series TV makes you part of the action and widens the screen for an even more immersive experience.
Key product features
* Featuring Easy 3D, the new 7000 series uses passive 3D technology to recreate the enjoyment of 3D viewing just as you would experience it at the cinema. Featuring an advanced 3D polarizer, 100Hz refresh rate, Full HD LED and Philips’ Pixel Precise HD engine, 7000 LED series brings you the most comfortable, sharp and affordable 3D viewing experience with minimal cross-talk. In addition, its state-of-the-art 2D-3D conversion technology means you can watch your favorite 2D movie in 3D without the distortion you would normally expect from 2D-3D conversion technologies. Philips’ innovative 2D-3D conversion technology ensures that background and foreground images are not accidentally mixed, that subtitles remain at a constant depth and that images are not distorted, meaning you always get the best-possible 3D experience.
* The 7000 LED series stands out due to the intricate picture quality and fluent movement during even the fastest action scene. With 4 trillion colors the picture quality is taken to a new level thanks to Pixel Precise HD.
* The latest LED lighting technology gives the 7000 LED series its sleek design, stunning picture quality and one of the lowest power consumptions in the category. With the Full HD LED, you can enjoy low power consumption, high contrast picture performance, ultimate sharpness and deep vibrancy.
* The 7000 LED series’ 100Hz clear LCD screen, with a response time of only 2ms, ensures that you always get the sharpest, most vivid and detailed images.
* Movie scenes will appear as the director intended and home movies will no longer judder thanks to the award-winning HD Natural Motion, which corrects juddering movements in both broadcast and recorded movie material.
* The 7000 series provides access to online services through Philips Net TV, such as premium video stores and on-demand TV shows, is just a push of the button away.
* 7000 LED series offers smart USB recording so if you are unexpectedly interrupted when watching your favorite program, you don’t have to miss a thing.
* Providing you with a truly immersive viewing experience, patented Philips Ambilight Spectra 2 technology adds another dimension by projecting a glow of light from the back of the screen onto the surrounding wall. Ambilight automatically adjusts the color and brightness of the light surrounding the TV to match the picture.
Sound you can feel
For a fully sensory experience, the 7000 series uses integrated Clear Sound technology, an invisible sound system with two back firing speakers and two rear firing woofers so you can hear every word. 20W RMS and Incredible Surround add an improved total surround sound experience with greater depth and width throughout the room. This gives you a clear and spacious sound stage to complement the rich viewing experience.
Like a painting on your wall, the Philips 7000 series is ultra-slim and has been created with contemporary design in mind. A move away from the high gloss plastic of so many TVs on the market, it features a sleek brushed metallic frame and a matching metal stand, making it an ideal lifestyle accessory for the modern stylish home.
¹ Only available for PFL7606 in Europe and Russia and PFL8606 in Latin America
About Royal Philips Electronics
Royal Philips Electronics of the Netherlands (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people’s lives through timely innovations. As a world leader in healthcare, lifestyle and lighting, Philips integrates technologies and design into people-centric solutions, based on fundamental customer insights and the brand promise of “sense and simplicity”. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips employs 119,000 employees in more than 60 countries worldwide. With sales of EUR 25.4 billion in 2010, the company is a market leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as lifestyle products for personal well-being and pleasure with strong leadership positions in flat TV, male shaving and grooming, portable entertainment and oral healthcare.