For more information visit: www.pioneerelectronics.com
Unedited press release follows:
Pioneer Elite SC Receivers Entertain Consumers Anywhere in the Home
Flagship SC Model First to Feature HDBaseT Compatibility
CE Week 2013
NEW YORK — CEA Line Show–Offering the highest quality entertainment anywhere in the home, Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today completed its line of ultra high-end Elite® SC receivers with the introduction of the SC-75, SC-77 and SC-79 THX Certified 9.2-channel audio video receivers. The new models offer best-in-class performance utilizing Pioneer’s renowned Class D3 amplification technology that can simultaneously drive each channel at extremely high volume levels without loss of power and audio quality. The receivers are also integrated with additional technologies and convenience features including HDBaseT™ (SC-79 only), high-resolution audio playback, multi-room and multi-source setup and playback configurations, 4K Ultra HD upscaling, ESS SABRE32 Ultra DAC™ (digital-to-analog converter), 192 kHz/32-bit audio scaler, iControlAV2013 App compatibility and more.
We’re continuing to integrate the newest and most advanced technologies available into our products, including being the first manufacturer to incorporate the new HDBaseT high definition multi-zone standard,” said Chris Walker, director of AV marketing and product planning for the Home Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Through our Class D3 technology, each one of these receivers is built to produce an enormous amount of power efficiently without sacrificing performance, whether it’s powering an advanced 9.2-channel home theater set up or spreading the task to various rooms of the house.”
Performance and Control
• HDBaseT (SC-79 only) – The SC-79 model is the first receiver in the industry to use the HDBaseT standard for a one wire multi-zone connection. It enables the delivery of uncompressed high definition video and audio, over a single cat5e/6 cable to make setup and control of even the most complex home theater systems faster and easier.
• Class D3 Amplification – Pioneer’s Class D3 amplifier technology delivers incredible sonic performance and ultra-low distortion making the SC line of receivers the world’s only Class D amplifiers to achieve THX Certification. Pioneer Elite receivers are engineered to operate at extremely high output levels with virtually no background noise or loss in performance, even when all channels are simultaneously driven at full volume. The amp technology delivers the true audio potential of high-resolution audio content as well as other high-definition uncompressed sources such as Blu-ray Disc™ titles.
• Multi-Zone Network Capabilities – The SC-75, SC-77 and SC-79 are built for maximum installation flexibility offering a variety of multi-zone set-up configurations. All nine speaker channels can be reconfigured 11 different ways (12 with SC-77 and SC-79), all controllable from the receiver and/or user’s portable device via the iControlAV2013 App (available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, and Android™ OS devices). In addition to a true 9.2-channel speaker setup, each amplifier can produce a 5.1-channel configuration, with the extra outputs utilized for powering different zones that can be independently controlled.
• All three models offer simultaneous entertainment from different sources in up to four zones – a main zone, a powered Zone 2 (two speakers in a second room), a powered Zone 3 (two speakers in a third room) and HDZONE (additional HDMI source to a fourth room). In these setup configurations, users have the ability to adjust tone (treble and bass), volume and balance (left and right), and the option to incorporate a subwoofer to create a more powerful 2.1-channel system (for Zone 2).
• ESS SABRE32 Ultra DAC – Each SC receiver uses nine SABRE32 Ultra DACs to process information for each individual output channel, resulting in outstanding sound quality. The SABRE32 Ultra DAC produces warm, more natural audio as well as a linear response so audio changes are more subtle with less jitter.
• USB 32-Bit Asynchronous Audio DAC (SC-79 only) – The SC-79 incorporates a USB 32-Bit Asynchronous Audio DAC allowing direct connection to both Windows® and MAC computers. Music played from the computer utilizes the highly accurate audio optimized clock within the receiver, resulting in less jitter, studio-like audio reproduction. Additionally, the SC-79’s USB DAC supports DSD Native playback (DSD over PCM transfer) via MAC and Windows computers.
• THX Certification – All three new SC receivers feature THX Certification signifying they passed over 2,000 laboratory tests to ensure that each receiver delivers the highest standard of quality and cinematic performance right out-of-the-box. Each THX Certified model contains THX Loudness Plus™ which automatically rebalances audio levels as the volume is lowered, allowing listeners to hear critical sound details and effects at any volume.
• Air Studios Monitor Certified (SC-77 & SC-79 Only) – For over 10 years, Pioneer has worked closely with the legendary Air Studios Recording facility in London to develop technologies that authentically translate the musical experience and bring studio-level entertainment to today’s home audiences. Both the SC-77 and SC-79 have achieved the highest level of certification, ensuring a level of performance and sound quality above and beyond previous Pioneer AV receivers that were certified last year.
• Custom Installation – For advanced home theater control, the receivers are certified for compatibility with the most popular custom control companies including Crestron® and Control4®, and offer custom installation features including full two-way RS-232-over-IP control.
• Simple Control and Set Up – Pioneer’s proprietary iControlAV2013 App, available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.AppStore.com, or Google® Play (www.GooglePlay.com) for Android devices, offers wireless control over the features and functionalities of all three SC models from the convenience of the user’s mobile digital devices. Pioneer’s AVNavigator (now available for Windows® on the bundled CD-ROM, for Mac on the Pioneer website, and for iPad on the App Store) is a two-way interactive owner’s manual that can be used with the receivers to walk users through the entire setup process including speaker arrangement, sound optimization and firmware updates.
More Entertainment Sources
• 4K Ultra HD Upscaling – The new SC receivers support the next generation 4K Ultra HD resolution standard to provide the highest quality video image available, with the ability to pass through 4K video signals to compatible displays. The models also have the ability to upscale lower resolution analog and HDMI video signals for viewing in 4K Ultra HD resolution when used with the latest 4K displays.
• Expanded Music Options – All three SC receivers enable playback of high resolution FLAC, WAV, AIFF, Apple Lossless and for the first time DSD files in both 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz files from a networked computer or connected USB drive. Lower quality MP3, WMA, and AAC files are also supported. Users can also enjoy gapless playback for AIFF, FLAC, WAV and Apple Lossless files as well as DSD file music playback. All receivers are Windows 8 certified and feature DLNA® 1.5 certification for music content playback from a networked DLNA server or a DLNA application being used on a Windows PC, Mac, or smartphone connected on a home network, either through a wired Ethernet connection or wirelessly by adding the optional AS-WL300 wireless adapter.
• The receivers offer a wide range of music options including access to today’s most popular Internet radio music services including PANDORA® and vTuner®. Pioneer’s PUSH PLAYER, a feature on the iControlAV2013 App designed for the new Elite receivers, enables users to access the music libraries stored on their devices and create playlists for wireless streaming.
• Music Streaming
• Users of iOS devices can take advantage of Apple’s AirPlay to stream music to the receivers from their iTunes music library, whether it’s coming from a Mac or PC, as well as music stored on their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch1. All three receivers also support Android OS devices and compatible HTC® smartphones (including the new HTC One) through HTC Connect2, to stream music for the ultimate convenience.
• MHL 2.0 Connectivity
• All three SC receivers include built-in MHL 2.0 connectivity for playback of audio and video content (including high-definition 3D content) and faster charging from many popular phones.
The Pioneer Elite SC-75, SC-77 and SC-79 receivers will be available in July with suggested retail prices of $1600, $2000 and $3000 respectively.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets and is celebrating 75 years of innovation in the consumer electronics industry.
1AirPlay requires iTunes 10.1 or later and iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 4.2 or later. A home Wi-Fi network is required.
2 HTC Connect is defined as interoperability testing of music streaming performed between compatible smartphones and Home AV products using the HTC Connect Music Application. Third party music applications, meaning apps other than the HTC Connect-compatible smartphone’s native music player, may not work with HTC Connect.