For more information visit: www.pioneerelectronics.com
Unedited press release follows:
New Pioneer® BDR-211UBK Internal BD/DVD/CD Writer Supports Ultra HD Blu-ray Playback
LONG BEACH, Calif. — Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today unveiled its new internal BD/DVD/CD writer, the BDR-211UBK. The new model supports Ultra HD Blu-ray1 playback using bundled CyberLink PowerDVD®14 software.
The market for 4K resolution is expected to expand significantly as demand increases for definition higher than full HD. The BDR-211UBK meets that need, enabling PC users to enjoy 4K content via a PC, as well as providing up to 16x² maximum BD-R writing speed (BD-R: SL 25GB) and the ability to read and write a variety of BD (SL 25GB/DL 50GB) and BDXL (BD-R XL: TL 100GB/ QL 128GB, BD-RE XL: TL 100GB) discs.
• Ultra HD Blu-ray playback – the BDR-211UBK supports Ultra HD Blu-ray playback using the bundled CyberLink software. Ultra HD Blu-ray includes content up to 4K resolution (3840 pixels horizontal×2160pixels vertical) and a wider range of colors compared to full HD.
• Faster burning – Up to 16x² maximum write speed on BD-R single-layer discs, 14x on BD-R DL discs and 8x on BD-R triple-layer discs.
• Compatible with Windows® 10 – The BDR-211UBK and bundled software are compatible with the latest Windows® OS, Windows 10.
• Region Code Change – BDR-211UBK has DVD regional playback control. It allows users to set the region of the drive up to five times.
• Other features:
- Store more data – Support for BDXL media, which stores up to 156% more data than 50GB Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc™, including 100GB Triple Layer (TL)³ and 128GB Quadruple Layer (QL)³ discs.
- QuickPlay – BD-ROM and DVD-ROM discs are ready quickly after insertion.
- PowerRead – Through its PowerRead feature, the BDR-211UBK provides smoother movie playback when a disc is marked with fingerprints or has minor surface scratches. When the drive is not able to read through these obstructed areas of a disc, it will quickly move forward to the next available data point, resulting in smoother Blu-ray and DVD movie playback.4
- Auto Quiet Mode – The drive monitors how it is being used and will adjust its disc rotation speed automatically, using a quieter mode (slower speed) when watching Blu-ray and DVD titles or listening to conventional audio CDs.
- PureRead3 – Clicking or popping sounds that might normally occur due to minor scratches and fingerprints on CDs can be prevented on some discs with the drive’s PureRead3 technology, which allows the drive to adjust its optical playback settings dynamically through the use of a unique algorithm.5
- Peak power Reducer – This power saving mode enables the drive to suppress power consumption at peak operation. It keeps stable operation in case of a drop in power supply.
CyberLink Software Included
• PowerDVD 14 UHD-BD
- PowerDVD is the market-leading media player for Blu-ray and Ultra HD Blu-ray. Watch high definition movies with better image and audio quality than with typical streaming.
• Power2Go 8
- Easily burn and back up content to Blu-ray, DVD, and CD media; includes system recovery tools. BDXL format supports 128GB Quadruple Layer and 100GB Triple Layer Blu-ray discs.
• PowerDirector 14 LE
- Make movies with fast, powerful video editing tools. Edit high definition movies and author them to Blu-ray Disc or DVD and/or upload them to social media websites with the included software.
• InstantBurn 5
- Packet-writing solution allows the user to operate disc burner as if it was another hard drive or floppy disk.
• Label Print 2.5
- Design and print stylish disc labels in four easy steps.
• PhotoDirector 5 LE
- Complete editing and adjustment tools to bring photos to life.
The Pioneer BDR-211UBK will be available in late March with a suggested retail price of $129.99.
More details can be found at http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Computer/Computer+Drives.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc., headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., is a preeminent manufacturer of leading-edge technology solutions for the mobile electronics aftermarket. Its affiliate Pioneer Automotive Technologies, Inc. (PAT) is a key supplier for Tier 1 automotive entertainment systems and components to vehicle manufactures. Pioneer is focused on creating the ultimate in-car entertainment experience with high performance audio and video components, as well as connectivity with today’s smart devices. Building off of more than 75 years of electronics experience, Pioneer has expanded into the cycle sports industry, designing world-class power meters and cycle computers for professional athletes and cycling enthusiasts.
Note: Auto Quiet mode, PureRead3 and Peak Power Reducer can be configured as well as enabled and disabled with the Pioneer BDR-211 Drive Utility. The utility will be provided on the Pioneer Web site http://pioneer.jp/device_e/product-e/ibs/device_e/dev00001r_e.html
1 To play back Ultra HD Blu-ray, all equipment must use HDMI 2.0a connections supporting HDCP2.2 and HDR.
2 16x BD-R write speed achieved using certain media. Refer to the media support list.
3 Triple and quadruple layer BDXL discs can only be used in BDXL drives.
4 PowerRead is not guaranteed to work with all disc conditions or in all PC environments.
5 PureRead3 is not guaranteed to work with all disc conditions or in all PC environments.
6 HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) display device required for playback of high-definition copy protected content (for example, a commercial movie titles). For such content, the connection between the PC and the display device must be made using a digital DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cable.
7 Support for writing DVD-R Version 2.0 For General. Unable to write DVD-R For Authoring 3.95GB and 4.7GB.
8 Compatible with DVD-RAM Version 2.0/2.1/2.2 without cartridge. Unable to write RAM2 format disc.
9 Unable to use 8cm disc when you use the drive vertically. (Unable to use 8cm disc adapter.)
Minimum system requirements for Ultra HD Blu-ray playback*
|Operating System:||Windows 10**|
**U processor is incompatible
|GPU:||Intel® HD Graphics 630 (Internal GPU for 7th generation processor)|
*System requirements are not necessarily to ensure operation.
Minimum system requirements for writing and reading BD/DVD/CD*
|Operating System:||Windows Vista®, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10|
|Processor:||Intel® Core™ Duo T2700/Core™2Duo E6300, AMD® Athlon® 64 X2 3800 or faster|
|Video:||Intel G45, NVIDIA® GeForce® 7600GT,ATI Radeon® X1600 or faster|
|Display:||HDCP6 compliant display required for Blu-ray playback1024 x 768 minimum display resolution|
|Memory:||1GB required for Blu-ray playback and editing HD video|
|Hard Disk Space:||5GB minimum, 50 GB recommended|
*System requirements are not necessarily to ensure operation.
|Write Support||BD||BD-R (Single/Dual/Triple/Quadruple layer)BD-RE (Single/Dual/Triple layer)|
|DVD||DVD-R7,DVD-R DL,DVD-RW,DVD+R,DVD+R DL,DVD+RW, High speed DVD+RW、DVD-RAM8|
|CD||CD-R、CD-RW、HS CD-RW、US CD-RW、US+CD-RW|
|Read Support||BD||Ultra HD Blu-ray (BD-ROM Dual/Triple layer),BD-ROM (Single/Dual layer),
BD-R (Single/Dual/Triple/Quadruple layer),
BD-RE (Single/Dual/Triple layer)
|DVD||DVD-ROM (Single/Dual layer),DVD-Video, DVD-R,DVD-R DL,DVD-RW,DVD+R,DVD+R DL,DVD+RW,DVD-RAM8|
|CD||CD-ROM (Mode 1&2),CD-ROM XA, Photo CD(Single/Multi-session),Video CD, CD-DA, CD-Extra, CD-R, CD-RW|
|Interface||Serial ATA Revision 3.0|
|Read Support||BD-ROM (single)||12x Max|
|BD-ROM (Dual)||8x Max|
|BD-ROM (Triple)||4x Max|
|DVD-ROM (Single)||16x Max|
|DVD-ROM (Dual)||12x Max|
|Data Buffer||4 MB|
|Mounting Orientation||Horizontal or Vertical9|
|Dimensions(mm)||148 mm x 42.3 mm x 180 mm (W x H x D)|