DisplaySearch announced the preliminary agenda for its 12th Annual USFPD Conference, called “Laying the Foundations for the Next Wave of Growth: Energy Efficient & Low Cost Alternatives Lead the Way.”
According to the statement, this two-day event will be held March 2-3, 2010 in San Diego, California—focusing on end markets for displays on day 1 and the display supply chain on day 2.
For more information visit: www.displaysearch.com
Unedited press release follows:
DisplaySearch Unveils Preliminary Agenda for 12th Annual USFPD Conference with Expanded Agenda to Cover Emerging Display Applications
Sony, Sharp, NEC, 3M Touch, Corning Display Technologies and Applied Materials Join Prestigious Speaker Line Up
AUSTIN, TEXAS, January 14, 2010—DisplaySearch, the worldwide leader in display market research, today announced the preliminary agenda for its 12th Annual USFPD Conference, called “Laying the Foundations for the Next Wave of Growth: Energy Efficient & Low Cost Alternatives Lead the Way.” This two-day event will be held March 2-3, 2010 in San Diego, California—focusing on end markets for displays on day 1 and the display supply chain on day 2.
As the global economy comes out of the worst recession in decades, and with flat panel displays having attained dominance in PCs, TVs and mobile devices, the shape of market growth is likely to be very different going forward. Rather than a “bigger, better, at any price” mentality driving annual growth rates in the double digits, total display revenues are expected to grow slowly over the next few years. However, there will be ample opportunity for companies to grow through providing high value to their customers, by differentiating their products and staying ahead of their competitors in energy-efficient products and manufacturing.
“Now in its 12th year, the DisplaySearch USFPD Conference is the longest-running US conference covering opportunities and challenges in the display supply chain, from display components to end products,” said Paul Semenza, DisplaySearch Senior Vice President of Analyst Services. “This year’s conference is a must-attend event, as attendees will gain insights on emerging opportunities and will be able to take advantage of opportunities to network with industry participants and DisplaySearch analysts.”
Confirmed speakers for USFPD 2010 include 3D Magnetic, 3M Touch, Sharp Electronics, SRS Labs, Samsung Mobile Display, Hewlett-Packard, Toshiba, Samsung ITD, NEC, Clear Channel Malls, Qualcomm MEMS Technologies, N-trig, 3M Touch, Synaptics, TD Vision, NVidia, Applied Materials and Corning Display Technologies.
The DisplaySearch USFPD Agenda at a Glance:
Session I: The TV Ecosystem
• Can compelling new products be developed to drive revenue growth in addition to unit growth? Will LED backlights and high frame rates keep the replacement cycle going? Will users shift to larger screen sizes? What about new features such as 3D?
Session II: Personal Computers
• The desktop monitor market has saturated, but there is hope for growth from multiple monitor usage, increased notebook-monitor attach rates, all-in-one PCs, and new features such as LED backlights and touch screens. Will these bring growth back? Will netbooks continue their evolution into low-cost notebooks?
Session III: Public Display
• Can display companies move downstream into digital signage and other public display markets, to grow revenues and develop new business models with advertisers? Will display companies compete with themselves by offering lower-cost consumer-grade products to these markets?
Session IV: E-Paper/Mobile Devices
• As the e-paper market begins to grow, what are the winning technologies leading the way? Which companies are most likely to succeed in this space? Will e-readers co-exist with smartphones and notebook PCs? Will the growth of other mobile devices be impacted by mobile phones?
Session V: Touch Screens
• Touch screens are becoming ubiquitous components of user interface designs. Which of the more than 10 touch screen technologies will emerge as dominant?
Session VI: 3D Display Technologies
• The growth of 3D cinema has given hope to TV makers regarding the future of 3D TV. How fast will 3D penetrate into TV and other display applications (monitors, mobile phones, cameras, etc.)?
Session VII: Manufacturing and Materials
• Is the cost structure shifting from depreciation of capital expenditures to marginal costs driven by materials? Can key component makers use improved performance to support prices?
Session VIII: Panel Technology and Supply
• Have panel makers become more flexible in downturns, responding more rapidly to shifts in demand and oversupply? How does the future look for OLEDs?
The event will focus on all major and emerging flat panel display applications, as well as key components and materials related to the supply chain. To view the detailed agenda and register, visit www.displaysearch.com/usfpd. Register by January 25, 2010 to receive the early bird discount and save $400! Media interested in attending the USFPD Conference should contact Stacey Voorhees-Harmon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1.925.336.9592.
USFPD 2010 Accommodations
The USFPD Conference will be hosted at the Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa on Mission Bay Drive in San Diego, California. A special conference hotel room rate of $212 is available until February 5, 2010. All reservations must be made by this date. Any reservations needed after this date will be based on availability. To make your reservations by phone, please reference “DisplaySearch” when calling 1-800-445-8667.
USFPD 2010 Sponsorship and Exhibit Opportunities
The USFPD Conference offers a wide variety of sponsorship options including table-top exhibits and your logo on promo items given to all attendees. For more information, visit www.displaysearch.com/usfpd or contact Laura Castellano at email@example.com or 408-226-1101.
About DisplaySearch Since 1996, DisplaySearch has been recognized as a leading global market research and consulting firm specializing in the $770 billion display supply chain, as well as the emerging photovoltaic/solar cell industries. DisplaySearch provides trend information, forecasts and analyses developed by a global team of experienced analysts with extensive industry knowledge and resources. In collaboration with the NPD Group, its parent company, DisplaySearch uniquely offers a true, end-to-end view of the display supply chain from materials and components to shipments of electronic devices with displays to sales of major consumer and commercial channels. For more information on DisplaySearch analysts, reports and industry events, visit us at http://www.displaysearch.com/. Read our blog at http://www.displaysearchblog.com/ and follow us on Twitter at @DisplaySearch.
About The NPD Group, Inc. The NPD Group is the leading provider of reliable and comprehensive consumer and retail information for a wide range of industries. Today, more than 1,700 manufacturers, retailers, and service companies rely on NPD to help them drive critical business decisions at the global, national, and local market levels. NPD helps our clients to identify new business opportunities and guide product development, marketing, sales, merchandising, and other functions. Information is available for the following industry sectors: automotive, beauty, commercial technology, consumer technology, entertainment, fashion, food and beverage, foodservice, home, office supplies, software, sports, toys, and wireless. For more information, contact us or visit http://www.npd.com/and and http://www.npdgroupblog.com/. Follow us on Twitter at @npdtech and @npdgroup.