Skip to content

Rimage Launches Medical Solutions JV in China

Rimage Corporation announced that its majority owned joint venture, Rimage Information Technology, has received approval of its registration in China and has been issued a business license.

According to the statement, Rimage Information Technology will deploy complete digital publishing solutions for medical imaging in hospitals and clinics in China. Ownership is structured with Rimage Corporation owning 51% and Taiwan Electronic Data Processing Corporation (TEDPC), a group of Systex Corporation, owning the remaining 49%.

Rimage Information Technology is targeting the medical market in China by developing and selling the Medical Disc System; an Integrated Healthcare Enterprise Portable Data for Imaging (IHE PDI) compliant medical imaging disc publishing solution.

“Expanding our presence in China is an important step in our strategy to transform Rimage from a hardware supplier to a provider of total solutions,” said Sherman Black, Rimage chief executive officer. “By leveraging our core technology in a solution targeted specifically for the China market, we believe we can rapidly scale Rimage Information Technology over the next few years. The timing for this commitment aligns well with the significant growth that is occurring in the China healthcare market and the initiatives around healthcare reform. Our solution provides value by improving the delivery method of medical images at a reduced cost.”

“As a healthcare solutions company, it is also a significant step and exciting start for TEDPC to cooperate with Rimage in the Chinese market,” said Phill Shen, TEDPC President. “We are looking forward to working closely with Rimage for great business achievements in China.”

Rimage Information Technology has hired a General Manager, Jason Jiang, who has over ten years of experience working in the Chinese medical solution market. The venture will be based out of Shanghai and initial revenues are anticipated during the second half of 2010.

The statement goes on to say that Taiwan Electronic Data Processing Corporation (TEDPC) had revenues of US $392 million in 2009 with operations at 48 offices in Taiwan, China, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia. The company is a medical software developer, providing healthcare information and medical imaging solutions in Taiwan. Besides its involvement in government medical projects, TEDPC software solutions include HIS (Hospital Information Systems), PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication Systems), RIS (Radiology information Systems) and EMR (Electronic Medical Records).

For more information visit: