According to the statement, these products (Roxio Secure Burn, Roxio Secure Burn Plus, Roxio Secure Managed) enable users within an organization to quickly secure data on CD, DVD, Blu-ray Disc (BD) and flash devices using data encryption that safeguards the contents from being accessed by unauthorized persons.
For more information visit: www.roxio.com
Unedited press release follows:
Roxio Unveils New Secure Product Line for Business
Enterprise Solutions Safeguard Vital Corporate, Institutional, and Government Data
SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 1 — Roxio®, a division of Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC), today announced the availability of Roxio Secure products, an end-user-friendly family of enterprise applications that helps protect businesses, government agencies, and other institutions from data breach. The products enable users within an organization to quickly secure data on CD, DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and flash devices using powerful data encryption that safeguards the contents from being accessed by unauthorized persons. Roxio Secure offerings go beyond simple encryption on stand-alone machines to provide advanced end-point security features for networks of computers in small workgroups to multi-departmental global enterprises. Roxio Secure offerings arm companies with the tools to not only meet internal security policies, but also comply with industry and government-mandated privacy measures and regulations.
“An important addition to our enterprise product line, Roxio Secure enables private and public sector organizations to enhance the overall effectiveness of their information security and privacy practices,” said Matt DiMaria, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Roxio. “In order to fully safeguard valuable corporate data as well as sensitive information that may have been entrusted to them, it is essential for organizations to protect against unauthorized access at all levels. Our new Roxio Secure solutions ensure that data protection practices are in alignment with organizational policies and can be achieved without impacting employee productivity.”
Disclosure of confidential intellectual property can greatly affect an organization’s ability to compete, while data breaches involving sensitive customer information can not only damage an organization’s reputation, but may also violate State and Federal regulations, which can be very costly. An independent study conducted in 2009 found that the average cost per-incident was $6.75 million. The ease with which content can be copied and shared poses a challenge for IT teams and small business owners attempting to secure against data leakage at an employee level. Roxio Secure products are easy to set-up and deploy on networked PCs, securing enterprise data, and can be configured to be entirely transparent to the end user. This unique combination of capabilities ensures organizations can enjoy a high level of confidence for end-point security to avoid costly data loss incidents without giving up the flexibility and productivity benefits associated with portable media.
Roxio Secure Line
Roxio Secure Burn:
* Burns data on CD, DVD and Blu-ray Disc using an easy drag & drop interface
* Copies discs and disc image files
* Encrypts data on disc using a FIPS 140-2 certified encryption module
* Spans files too big to fit across multiple discs
* Reads and writes disc image files
* Includes dynamic language support in a single installer for international organizations
Roxio Secure Burn Plus adds:
* Discs can be read on PCs within permitted departmental groups of PCs
* Restricts permission to read discs on PCs outside permitted departmental groups
* Group read permissions are set at installation via command line
* Read permissions can be changed after installation with the included Roxio Permissions Manager applet
Roxio Secure Managed adds:
* Discs can only be written by permitted users
* Discs can only be read by permitted users
* An authorization server controls permissions per organizational policies
* Permissions can be changed in real time by the system administrator via a web control panel
* Data on USB flash devices is encrypted, and can be destroyed if a device is lost or stolen
* Supports logging and reporting of files burned to disc, files sent to USB devices, and administrative changes to permissions
The Roxio Secure products are part of Roxio’s comprehensive line of enterprise applications targeting small to medium sized business. New solutions include Roxio Creator® Enterprise for media creation and management in the workplace, as well as Roxio Retrospect®, which offers fast and efficient backup and recovery capabilities for Mac and Windows operating systems. For more information on Roxio Secure capabilities and pricing, or other products in Roxio’s enterprise line, contact: www.roxio.com/licensing, or call Roxio Enterprise Sales at 866-825-7694.
Roxio enables consumers to easily manage, share, and enjoy personal digital media content and, through RoxioNow™, conveniently access premium Hollywood entertainment from a broad range of connected devices. A wide array of leading technology companies, businesses and developers rely on Roxio applications, services and technologies to bring innovative digital media functionality to next-generation devices and platforms.
Roxio is a division of Sonic Solutions (NASDAQ: SNIC), headquartered in Novato, California.