For more information visit: www.sagemcom.com
Unedited press release follows:
CES 2016: Sagemcom Showcases the Next Generation of 4K Set-Top Boxes and Video Gateways, New Multi-Gigabit Media Gateways, and Its Internet of Things Solutions
AT THE CES 2016, SAGEMCOM WILL UNVEIL ITS NEXT GENERATION RANGE OF MULTI-GIGABIT MEDIA GATEWAYS, 4K VIDEO GATEWAYS, AND 4K SET-TOP BOXES INTERLACING PAY-TV AND OTT WORLDS. SAGEMCOM WILL ALSO SHOWCASE ITS INTERNET OF THINGS SOLUTION BASED ON LORATM TECHNOLOGY
RUEIL-MALMAISON, France — During the CES tradeshow, Sagemcom will present its new range of broadband gateways paving the way to the next generation 10G:
• The F@st 3890 that can operate simultaneously DOCSIS 3.1 and DOCSIS 3.0 32×8. This new gateway includes the Wi-Fi 4*4 11ac wave 2 for 5GHz, 4*4 11n for 2.4GHz, and implements MU-MIMO superior Wireless.
• The F@st 5360 that supports multi-WAN technologies: G.fast and A/VDSL vectoring up to 35B, fiber via SFP module, and also Gigabit Ethernet. The WAN can be extended “on demand” with LTE aggregation. The product implements a MU-MIMO DBDC 4×4 Wi-Fi, DECT CAT-iq for HD Voice, Bluetooth and NFC.
• The PON optical fiber portfolio that offers TR-247 certified solutions for open and seamless deployments with compact and powerful multi-play gateways for a broadband connection over a G/EPON fiber access.
The next generation broadband gateways integrate Sagemcom SWANTM software suite. With rich experience in multiple operator environments, SWANTM grants easy access to a world of applications and services. It also embeds a full set of smart diagnostic tools, setting new user experience standards.
On the threshold of the future, Sagemcom will unveil its next generation media gateway solutions, expected in 2016, enabling 10 gigabit WAN, LAN, and WiFi.
Sagemcom will also demonstrate its new 4K UHD Video Gateway: a single product integrating an Ultra HD personal video recorder and a broadband gateway, either cable DOCSIS 3.0 or fiber GPON, with a Gigabit dual band concurrent Wi-Fi ac – first deployed in 4K in November 2015.
In addition, Sagemcom will present its complete range of Ultra HD hybrid Pay-TV/OTT set-top boxes:
• the compact yet powerful 4K IP STBs, with embedded unified user interface, aggregating all content types (live IP, VOD, OTT such as Netflix or YouTube), and ensuring seamless navigation between contents for a better user experience;
• the new 4K Satellite PVRs – with 8 (or more) tuners, combining hi-grade Wi-Fi ac for content redistribution and easy cable-free Internet access for VOD and OTT services;
• the certified Android TV box, integrating Android Lollipop, for access to YouTube, Google Store, Android TV apps, live TV apps, games, etc.;
• the dual band concurrent Wi-Fi ac PVR, also able to serve as an Access point, a Hot Spot or a Wi-Fi Extender.
Sagemcom introduces new cutting-edge features for richer user experience in its STB range, such as mosaic and fast channel change, NFC for easy pairing with other connected devices, and – last but not least – support of High Dynamic Range Ultra HD content for a superior immersive video entertainment.
As a founding member of LoRa Alliance, Sagemcom will also showcase SiconiaTM, its integrated end-to-end offer for the Internet of Things based on LoRaWAN protocol. With its low rate, long range, cost effective and longtime life solutions with several years of autonomy, Sagemcom targets services for low consumption devices. Sagemcom will allow operators to deploy an efficient free of cost network and connect millions of objects via an open standard solution by providing them with all the necessary technology: communication modules, outdoor and indoor gateways, LoRa Network Server and IoT Platform.
A French high-tech group of international dimensions, Sagemcom operates on the broadband (digital home, set-top boxes, Internet routers, telephony and multimedia terminals), smart city (smart meter, smart grid, smart site, smart infra, smart services) and Internet of Things (founding member of LoRa Alliance) markets.
With a revenue of around 1.3 billion euros, Sagemcom employs 4,200 people on five continents. Sagemcom aims to stay a world leader in communicating terminals with high added value.
www.sagemcom.com // www.facebook.com/SagemcomOfficial // https://twitter.com/Sagemcom