Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd announced that it has won five 2010-2011 European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) Awards, including European 3D Solution, European Blu-ray Player, European Social Media Phone, European Smartphone and European Advanced Compact Camera.
For more information visit: www.samsung.com
Unedited press release follows:
Samsung Electronics Wins 5 European EISA Awards
- Honored for 3DTV/HTS, Blu-Ray Player, Compact Camera and Mobile Phones
SEOUL, Korea, August 16, 2010 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, a global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, has won five prestigious 2010-2011 European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) Awards, including European 3D Solution, European Blu-Ray Player, European Social Media Phone, European Smartphone and European Advanced Compact Camera.
The EISA Awards, voted for by editors from top consumer electronics magazines across Europe, recognise the best equipment in the industry across a range of technology categories.
This year’s winners include Samsung UE46C8700 3DTV & HT-C6930W Home Cinema System, Samsung BD-C8900/8900s Blu-Ray Player, Samsung Wave S8500 Smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S I9000 Smartphone and Samsung EX1 Compact Camera.
European 3D Solution 2010-2011: Samsung UE46C8000 & HT-C6930W
• 3D home theatre including a 3D-capable Blu-ray player and 7.1 sound
• The ultra-slim design underlines a superior class of image delivered by advanced LED technology
• Full HD 3D and 2D-to-3D conversion are impeccable and convincing
• The Smart TV is equipped with a 3D feature and Internet@TV, allowing users to install applications from Samsung’s App Store
• Users can share and stream all kinds of media via the home network, including Personal video recorder ready and a Skype on Samsung TV feature
In the official EISA citation, the judges stated: “The superslim Samsung UE46C8000 is equipped to bring the fascinating world of 3D into your living room.”
European Blu-ray Player 2010-2011: Samsung BD C8900/8900s
• More than just a Blu-ray player, the versatile device also delivers great audio and pictures from an integrated HDTV cable or satellite tuner (‘S’ version) and allows up to 136 hours of HD recording to an internal 500GB hard disk drive
• The BD-C8900 is equipped with CI+ slot, built in Wi-Fi, Internet@TV and USB playback, delivering extraordinarily high picture quality from Blu-ray discs, even when reproducing 3D
It was particularly noted by the judges that the BD C8900 “delivers extraordinarily high picture quality from Blu-ray discs to any of today’s HD displays, even when reproducing 3D.”
European Social Media Phone 2010-2011: Samsung Wave S8500
- As the first device to run on Samsung’s bada platform, the Samsung Wave provides the applications to suit every social media environment
- Behind the stunning 3.3-inch Super AMOLED touch screen there is a powerful 1GHz application processor and amazing connectivity via HSPA network, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 3.0
- The latest multimedia features include an excellent 5-megapixel camera with 720p HD video recording and LED flash
- Samsung Apps, an integrated application store accessible from the device and online, allows users to simply and easily download an abundance of applications. At the same time, ‘Social Hub’ provides an integrated communication gateway designed for always-connected lifestyle.
The Samsung Wave is praised by the EISA Award Judges as “the phone capitalises on the current interest in smartphones by providing means and applications for social media environments,” and “is thin and very designed, featuring a metal chassis.”
European Smartphone 2010-2011: Samsung Galaxy S I9000
• The Android-powered Galaxy S incorporates a huge 4-inch Super AMOLED screen and a 1 GHz application processor, that enables and maximizes ‘smart life experience’ including vibrant HD videos, rich augmented reality content through Layar Reality Browser, and advanced LBS (Location Based Services)
• Interconnectivity brings together Bluetooth 3.0, the latest Wi-Fi connectivity with DLNA as well as HSPA fast mobile communications.
• Galaxy S features Samsung’s unique and intuitive TouchWiz 3.0 user interface, and ‘swype,’ the fast and easy way to input text on screen while on-the-move.
The judges commented that the Galaxy S is “a ‘jewel in the crown’ for demanding users wanting to be connected, entertained and updated on the move. It’s a well made device that should capture the attention of every mobile phone lover”
European Advanced Compact Camera 2010-2011: Samsung Ex1
• A solidly built and high-quality compact camera for demanding hobby photographers
• The high-quality, super-fast, 24-70mm F1.8-2.4 wide angle zoom lens allows photography in low-light conditions
• It offers more advanced users the choice to record raw as well as JPEG file formats, while the AMOLED tilt-and-swivel display is excellent quality and makes shooting from creative angles very easy
The judges noted the Samsung EX1 is “a very solidly built and high-quality compact camera for demanding hobby photographers.”
EISA is an association of 50 magazines with a special interest in multimedia from across 19 European countries. It is known internationally for the European EISA Awards and in June each year, the editors from all magazines meet to decide which of the consumer products covered in their publications that year, will receive an EISA award. There are six categories: Audio & Home Theatre, Video, Photo, Mobile Devices, In-Car Electronics and Green. All winners may carry the EISA mark for the following 12 months reinforcing both their quality and technology leadership.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2009 consolidated sales of US$116.8 billion. Employing approximately 188,000 people in 185 offices across 65 countries, the company consists of eight independently operated business units: Visual Display, Mobile Communications, Telecommunication Systems, Digital Appliances, IT Solutions, Digital Imaging, Semiconductor and LCD. Recognized as one of the fastest growing global brands, Samsung Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, memory chips, mobile phones and TFT-LCDs. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.