For more information visit: us.sanyo.com
Unedited press release follows:
Introduction of 24″ to 65″ Models with Screen Sizes That Offer Larger Viewing Area – Up to 20% more in some models
SAN DIEGO, April 21, 2014 — SANYO, a leader in providing high quality TVs in America for over 35 years, introduces its 2014 Full HD lineup of LED TVs with 1080p resolution.1 The all-new models with Full HD deliver an unprecedented environment for watching high-definition movies, TV shows, playing video games, and for photo viewing. With stunning clarity, outstanding energy efficiency and easy connectivity, the key features include SANYO’s LED Full HD technology for clear images. Some models feature 120 Hz Motion Sync for the user to enjoy high-speed action with almost no motion blur. These all-new affordable models are available at Walmart and some at Sam’s Club nationwide.
“This new series of LED TVs can make a dramatic impact in the home with their slim design and easy set-up, excellent clarity of images and high-quality sound,” said Yoshikuni Tamura, Product Planning Team Manager, SANYO TV division. “All models are designed with a beautiful high-gloss frame and a brilliant LED screen, making them ideal to enhance your viewing experience and take it to the next level.”
Introducing a range of screen sizes from 24″ to 65″, the new Sanyo TVs offer 1080p full HD images1 with LED backlighting, presenting energy-efficient, high-definition images. The new SANYO models offer a thinner footprint than CCFL as the LEDs are arranged around the perimeter of the TV and then spread the light across the entire screen in a uniform fashion.
In addition, the new TVs incorporate three HDMI inputs for DVD, Media Streaming Player, Cable, Satellite, or video Games for high-quality video. The TV has an MHL input and is ROKU READY® 2 making it a Smart TV. The audio can easily be controlled by the consumer with the built-in audio output terminals: Analog Audio output, Digital Audio output (Optical) and HDMI (ARC). The integrated USB input is used to show JPEG images in USB memory. PC input (VGA) is to connect the TV to a PC so it can be used as a PC screen monitor.
“Over 40 million Americans have trusted SANYO as their home entertainment choice,” said Tamura. “It is our attention to detail, our advanced technology, and our value-driven products that have made loyal U.S. customers for 35 years.” According to the NPD Group Retail Tracking Service, three models of SANYO TVs were the best selling models in 2013 and the 55″ model was in the top five sellers in 2013.3
The most impressive of the new series is the SANYO 65″ LED FHD TV, DP65E34. This model boasts a 17% larger screen area than 60″ models with 120 Hz Motion Sync to enjoy high-speed crystal-clear action without almost no motion blur, 1080p Full HD crisp images, and re-engineered better sound at the best value.
Features of the DP65E34 65″ 1080p LED HDTV:
• 65″ LED panel
• 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution
• 64.5″ screen measured diagonally from corner to corner
• 120 Hz Motion Sync technology to enjoy high-speed action with almost no motion blur
• HDMI Inputs: 3
• Enjoy a superior HD experience with 3 HDMI; you have plenty of options for DVD, VCR, Cable, Satellite and external antenna hookups
• True 16:9 aspect ratio
• View your movies as the director intended
• The USB input and Photo Viewer
• Enjoy display of your digital camera photos for all to easily see
• 120Hz Refresh Rate
• Enjoy favorite sports and action movie with 120Hz refresh rate for stunning picture clarity
• ROKU READY (all except FVF5044)
• Certified as Roku Ready TV. Roku Streaming Stick (sold separately) makes Smart TV. The Smart TV FVF5044 includes the Roku Streaming Stick.
• Built-in digital tuner
• Watch digital broadcasts, including HDTV programs where available
• Wall mountable
• VESA standard 400mm x 400mm (TV mount sold separately)
All models are available immediately at either Walmart or Sam’s Club. Visit your favorite store to see the outstanding features of the new 2014 SANYO TV models. The chart above gives specific features of each model.
About SANYO Manufacturing Corporation
SANYO Manufacturing Corporation is a leading provider of award winning television sets headquartered in San Diego, California, meeting the needs of Walmart and Sam’s Club consumers. For more information on SANYO, please visit http://us.sanyo.com/Televisions
1 All except 24″ and 39″ Models
2 ROKU READY is a registered trademark of Roku, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
3 NPD Group Retail Tracking Service Units sold from January 2013 – December 2013:
• The Best Selling 39″ HDTV in U.S.
• The Best Selling 42″ HDTV in U.S.
• One of the Top 5 Selling 55″ HDTVs in U.S.
• The Best Selling 58″ HDTV in U.S.