For more information visit: www.sigmadesigns.com
Unedited press release follows:
Sigma Designs to Showcase Solutions for Home Entertainment Networking, Home Control, and Media Processing at CEATEC 2010
CEATEC JAPAN 2010
TOKYO & MILPITAS, Calif.–Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM), a leading provider of System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions used to deliver entertainment and control throughout the home, today announced it will demonstrate its industry-leading solutions in media processing, home entertainment networking, 3D display, and home control at CEATEC 2010. Also at the show, Sigma will host the first ever Z-Wave Seminar, an event targeted to give Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) an overview of technology solutions for modern home control and energy management. Industry partners Sumitomo Electric, NTT Docomo, and Ingersoll-Rand will join Sigma at the seminar to present Z-Wave powered solutions as part of the home control ecosystem.
With the widest ecosystem of devices available to consumers today, Sigma’s popular Z-Wave technology helps service providers increase Average Revenue Per Unit (ARPU) and net profits by enabling new home control, security, and energy management services. Sigma’s Z-Wave solutions put home control in the palm of consumers’ hands. Attendees will have the opportunity to test-drive real-world applications — using Z-Wave to monitor and manage energy use, home entertainment systems, lighting, and appliance control, HVAC systems, security, and access control — all from a smart phone.
Sigma will host all of its CEATEC activities in the Manhattan Hotel, booths 706, 707, and 708.
Also at the CEATEC 2010, Sigma will demonstrate how to:
* Deliver the most advanced viewing experience to consumers using Sigma’s studio-grade VXP post processors – the standard for the professional market
* Create more compelling user experiences with Sigma’s new 3D graphic capabilities
* Double Android and Over the Top (OTT) device performance
* Lower deployment costs via new thin-client solutions that enable service providers to install set top boxes throughout the entire home for significantly less than ever before
* Implement new optimized solutions for Microsoft® Mediaroom based on Sigma’s second-generation SMP8652 media processor
* Reduce power consumption by using Z-Wave enabled solutions to monitor and control energy usage
* Leverage electrical wiring to quickly and affordably deploy connected entertainment devices inside the home with Sigma’s HomePlug AV solutions
Only Sigma Designs can offer its customers a complete home solution in media processing, connectivity, and home control. Its media processors cover the range of customer needs for delivering content, from ultra-high performance to mainstream consumer devices. In home connectivity, Sigma continues to deliver innovative solutions for service providers and CPE equipment manufacturers. It offers cost-effective, reliable distribution methods for HD media content, triple-play services, and IPTV over electric powerlines, coax, and phonelines. Sigma’s industry-standard Z-Wave solutions transform stand-alone home devices into intelligent network nodes that can be controlled and monitored wirelessly.
Tags/keywords: Sigma Designs, CEATEC, home network, 3D, gateway clients, thin clients, Android, Z-Wave, triple-play, home control, media processor, OTT, Microsoft MediaRoom
About Sigma Designs, Inc.
Sigma Designs is a leading fabless semiconductor provider of highly integrated system-on-chip (SoC) solutions that are used to deliver entertainment and control throughout the home. SoC solutions include media processing, wired and wireless networking, video image processing, and home control along with system software to form the critical components of consumer electronic products that include Internet protocol TV (IPTV) set top boxes, gateways, Blu-ray players, and media communication devices. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., Sigma Designs has direct sales representatives in the United States, Brazil, China, Europe (Denmark), Israel, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan and distributors in Korea, Russia and India.