Sony Corporation announced that it will showcase its 3D products, technologies and content at CEATEC JAPAN, to be held at the Makuhari Messe International Convention Complex in Chiba City, October 5-9, 2010.
For more information visit: www.sony.com
Unedited press release follows:
Sony to Present wide range of 3D Compatible Products and Contents at “CEATEC JAPAN 2010″
-Complete Lineup from the ‘Lens to the Living Room’-
TOKYO, JAPAN, October 1, 2010 – Sony Corporation announced today that it will showcase its industry leading 3D products, technologies, and contents at “CEATEC JAPAN 2010″ (October 5-9), to be held at Makuhari Messe International Convention Complex in Chiba City.
“3D world created by Sony” will exhibit a complete end-to-end lineup of 3D products and its supporting technologies provided by Sony Group ranging from the ‘Lens to the Living Room’ including contents creation. It will also introduce a variety of ways for customers to enjoy 3D movies, music videos, games, and photographs.
A 3D compatible LED screen measuring 21.7 meters wide on the main stage (technology reference exhibit) will display various 3D contents including movies, music videos, games and sports. Sony will also introduce solutions for 3D contents creation by installing professional 3D camera systems and 3D compatible broadcasting systems on stage to demonstrate the operation of live 3D public viewing, such as sport events in high quality broadcast.
This will showcase Sony Group’s total 3D solution from consumer products to broadcast and professional products to an array of contents.
Sony will connect its vivid 3D compatible Bravia TV (240Hz high frame rate) with LED backlight, together with Blu-ray 3D™ playback compatible Blu-ray Disc Recorder/Player and 3D Theater Stand System, and deliver 3D contents offered by Sony Pictures Entertainment(Japan) Inc. and Sony Music Entertainment(Japan)Inc., to offer attendees with an enjoyable hands on 3D experience.
“Cyber-shot” and “α” (pronounced Alpha) with 3D Sweep Panorama feature will introduce new ways of enjoying personal 3D contents. There will also be personal computer “VAIO” 3D compatible prototype display. Moreover, attendees will be able to enjoy stereoscopic 3D compatible “PlayStation®3″ games including “Gran Turismo®5,” which will hit the market on November 3, 2010.
Key 3D products, technologies, and contents to be displayed (scheduled)
Sony 3D TV
• LX900 series built-in 3D sync transmitter with two pairs of active shutter glasses
• HX80R series 3D compatible with built in Blu-ray Disc Drive/HDD and LED backlight all-in-one
Blu-ray Disc Recorder/Player
• ”BDZ-AX2000″ high-end 3D compatible stand-alone Blu-ray Disc recorder with built-in high image quality circuit “CREAS Pro”
• ”BDP-S470″ slim 3D compatible stand-alone Blu-ray Disc player with high-speed motion
Theater Stand System “RHT-G15″
AV rack with built-in speakers realizing surround sound, features 3D pass-through technology
• ”α”: “α55″ “α33″ Translucent Mirror Technology™ achieving high auto focus speed
• ”α”: “NEX-5″ “NEX-3″ compact interchangeable lens digital cameras
• Cyber-shot: “DSC-WX5″ “DSC-TX9″
All models are equipped with 3D Sweep Panorama. These 3D images can be managed and viewed by “PlayMemories” application which can be operated on “PlayStation®3″
Personal Computer “VAIO” 3D compatible prototype
3D in Full HD, built-in 240Hz high frame rate technology and LED backlight to realize high image quality in 3D
3D Home Projector “VPL-VW90ES”
• 3D in Full HD, realizing high dynamic contrast ratio of 150,000:1
3D Image Contents Creation Solution
• 3D Camera System
• ”MPE-200″ Multi image processor which enhance the efficiency of 3D image shooting and production
• ”MVS-8000G” 3D compatible multi format switcher processor
Large-sized LED 3D screen (technology reference exhibit)
Size: 21.7 meters (width) x 4.8 meters (height)
• Stereoscopic 3D game for online car life simulator, “Gran Turismo®5″ for “PlayStation®3″ will be available to play
Sony related exhibition in other booths
Special Exhibition CEATEC JAPAN “Smart Grid Innovation 2010″ booth
• Exhibit samples equipped with 1.2kWh-class energy storage module using lithium-ion rechargeable batteries made with olivine-type lithium iron phosphate
• Demonstration of open energy system experiment conducted in the developing region of Ghana without electricity
TransferJet Consortium booth
• Exhibit the 2nd Generation LSI of TransferJet developed by Sony